University of Rhode Island charged me $538.00 for not taking a class!

Think twice before you enroll in graduate school at URI. I am enrolled as a part time student in their Library and Information science program. I was unable to take a course last semester because my father had terminal cancer, sadly he passed away two months ago. When I tried to enroll in a course for fall 2010 semester I was blocked from registering, I was told I had to pay 538.00 because I was not enrolled for a semester. I was shocked and saddened that the dean of the Graduate School showed absolutely no empathy and flatly refused to waive the outrageous fee. His response to me was "It's all in the Graduate School manual, which is posted on our website"
ID
#195141 Review #195141 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Stow, Massachusetts
Loss

About

Summary

The University of Rhode Island is the principal research university in Rhode Island. The University of Rhode Island was founded in 1888. The university includes 4 campuses: Kingston Campus, Feinstein Campus in Providence, W. Alton Jones Campus in West Greenwich, and the Narragansett Bay Campus in Narragansett. The University of Rhode Island offers a wide range of educational programs for any taste and need. Thousands of students from all over the United States have chosen The University of Rhode Island for getting higher education. Experienced and knowledgeable teachers are always ready to share their knowledge with students.

University of Rhode Island reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article