Live or Die Universal Decides.

I am forced to use Universal Utilities as a third party billing company for our water. This company has harassed my family for a little over a year now. Every month like clock work they send someone to disconnect our water or fork over hundreds of dollars we just don't have. Two months in a row they finally won. Our water has been disconnected for 12 days now, with 2 small children, an elderly woman, and a terminal husband. We are surviving on a little of 700 a month for 5 people. Our bill was somehow $135 on 01/10/18 that same day it went up to $258, now 2 weeks later we get ANOTHER shut off notice for $337. I couldn't pull 135 out of my *** if I wanted to, and they expect us to pay them $200 more.. It's been off for 12 days how can I get another shut off notice. This company only offers payment arrangements if your account is current and not in shut off. They will not work with anyone, they will not help you. It's pay or lose. I have a special needs daughter in stage 2 ckd (chronic kidney disease.) who quite literally will die if we don't keep some sort of water in her, she is only 3 years old and they hold her life in their hands right now. Their fees are beyond insane, $120 total to turn it off and back on, you're automatically billed $50 even if your water is off. My husband has been bringing in snow by the sled to dump in the tubs just to keep water for cooking and dishes. We are boiling water to bathe ourselves and our children. It isn't right that they can do this. Mid winter and no water. pipes freeze we are without water until spring. Something needs to be done about this company and their outrageous policies.
ID
Flint, Michigan
Service
Universal Utilities Residential Water Supply
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
I want universal to stop taking advantaged of disabled and poor citizens.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article