Unsafe neighborhood, very limited during COVID

Unity health care in columbia heights in washington dc caters to low income residents or those without insurance. The doctors and nurses tend to be residents. The services arent bad but they have gotten more and more cursory in time and dicey on quality. I want to change "doctors" because my "doctor" nurse practioner is really a redneck. She hides it well but I think she is just there to put in hours for a better gig. Anyway since mid March everything is "telehealth." A real ripoff. The counselor gave me under 10 minutes of her time. No vital signs and she doesnt even know how to ask me how I am feeling or anything. How do you offer psychological help in 10 minutes? You dont! All she did was renew my meds but being a MD I bet she still charges about 300/hr. And nobody is visiting clinic because so many low income working class were laid off. They are cutting back on medical services essentially, yet Unity Health is the designated DC Covid treatment center. Unity does this is they suck up all these government funds and train their staff to charge the max allowed while offering as little in return as possible. Its their version of hospital industrial complex. TBH I havent gotten burned too badly but my psychiatrist is just too blithe and lacks empathy. She might be on drugs. And the neighborhood is becoming like a ghetto war zone. Lots of unemployed semi homeless wandering around, Latino angry and ready to go off. Blacks pretty much the same. Whites acting dicty and defensive. Portal potties setup at the plaza where the fountain spigots spray in the summer. Latinas sleeping on hard stone seats. Stores shut or closing. What misery! And the attitude at Giant grocery stire terrible, just terrible. I am thinking of xferring to another clinic where I dont have to endure all the negative angst fear hate tension!

User's recommendation: Unity wont miss your business neither will Giant.

ID
Washington, District Of Columbia
Service
Unity Health Care Customer Care
Pros
  • Psychiatry
  • Includes lab
  • Quick response
Cons
  • No choice in team or np
  • Rushed
  • Impersonal
Preferred solution
Apology

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article