Cancelled Account but Still Incurring Charges

I cancelled my account several months ago and still continue to incur charges. I called multiple times and each time they tell me my accounts have been closed. This company sucks!
San Diego, California
Service
Merchant Bankcard Payment Processing Service

Over charges

They don't tell you ahead of time it is a 3 year contract. When you try to switch companies is when you find out you actually have a 3 year contract that renews on a yearly basis.They charge annual fees without notice, and add on fees like Reg Comp. Run, run the other way, and don't get stuck like we did. Then when you try to cancel you are stuck paying the Reg Comp fee and the statement fee until the 1 year contract is over.
Buffalo, New York
Reason of review
Pricing issue

Charging Fees After Account Was Cancelled

Called company 08/30/10 to cancel service. Customer Service Rep tells me to email the cancellation to her including my account number so I did right away. She explained they have to hold the account open for an additional 30 days to make sure no more charges came in which was OK with me. The next day when I signed in to email the cancellation that I emailed to her had a delivery failure so I called the company back and spoke to Customer Service (Claudia) and told her what happened so, she gave me her email address to send cancellation to again. I told her I was emailing it immediately so if she didn't receive it, call me back. I never heard anything else so I thought everything was OK. It is mid November and I'm still being charged a statement fee automatically from my checking account. I call customer service again and spoke to Jerrod, he says he is the "Customer Service Manager". He claims that I did not ever cancel so he would not refund my money and that it was my fault for not following up when them again. Now, i'm not a rocket scientist but that seems to be pretty lousy customer service! I think that the companies that make it so difficult to cancel their service and keep charging you money should be stopped.
#1119492

Terrible company!

It takes a lot for me to want to search the internet and find a thread to post how horrible this company is. Stay away from them.

My wife started her business as I was on my way to a deployment in Iraq. She needed a merchant terminal and someone recommended them to her. When I returned I tried canceling after seeing their high monthly fees on top of an annual fee of over $100. As soon as I learned of that I set out to cancel my account.

This was January of 2010. They told me we had a 3 year contract and there was some absurd cancellation fee. So I waited. I waited patiently and then finally came The day when I could cancel.

They were very rude and said I missed my window of canceling. Apparently you have, literally, a weeks window to fax them and tell them to cancel your account. It is 60 days before, but I faxed my information and then comes today. A month or so after it should have been canceled and I received a bill.

The agent told me that they never received my fax. I brought up the point what is stopping them from just throwing it away (I don't put it past them), and she said it was my job to confirm with them that they had received it. I could go on and on, but you get my point.

Just google United Bankcard Services complaints and they will speak for the company. Well I hope that I can spare you from what I have gone through.

View more comments (1)
ID
#207462 Review #207462 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Monroe, Georgia
Loss

About

United States Bankcard Service Privacy Policy
To read more: http://usbankcardservice.com/pages/privacy.html
Summary

United States Bankcard Service specializes in electronic payments processing. It works with merchants that appreciate reliability and want to know and control what they pay for. The company provides free line-by-line analysis for all your payments history, showing you clearly what areas can give you the possibility to save, avoiding numerous additional fees that the most banks take for their payment services. As a direct credit card processor, United States Bankcard Service promises that its clients are able to economize up to 55% on such fees. It provides convenient processing solutions for any type of business, no matter you need a wireless solution for mobile business or a simple stand-alone credit card terminal for a little shop. All services are provided with the lowest rates guarantee.

United States Bankcard Service reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article