Worst Moving Company EVER

Company is a SCAM and should be investigated regarding Sales Practices. Before making a decision to go with this Moving Company, I spoke with a representative Erica at least 8-10 times to ask questions and reassure myself that I was going with the right company for me. I asked for someone to come out to do an an in home survey of the items I'd be moving to get the most accurate quote. I was asked only for the Big items and I even threw in an area rug. After given a quote for the items I provided, I asked about their Full Packing Service which I added. All along letting the rep know I had a nice size wardrobe. I booked the job and gave a $389 check deposit when the rep assured me the movers would NOT adjust the price when they arrive. Even after booking I called several times with questions as I was very apprehensive about using a moving service due to all the horror stories I'd heard. On the scheduled day, the movers arrived and after being on site less than 5min, the 3 gentlemen, none of which spoke understandable English, stated "the price is going to be doubled". This was the very thing I was afraid of. I tried to understand why the price would double and let them know I couldn't pay double. They got a "Supervisor" John on the phone which agreed with them (without speaking with me) and held steadfast with the decision to charge me double. I informed the gentlemen again that I couldn't pay the amount they were asking and told them they could leave then. I called the company and of course they were not open on Saturday. I left a message stating I just wanted my deposit back because they were untrue with the information presented and no work was performed. No one returned my call Sunday and when I called, I was disconnected several times, outright hung up on once and sent directly to voicemail multiple times. After flooding their line with calls continuously for 3 mins I was able to speak with a supervisor who told me I would not be receiving a deposit refund because it covered their administrative expenses. He told me I should have spoken with him and he could've negotiated the price. However, I was not given an opportunity to do that. On 8/22/19 after I filed a complaint with the BBB, I received a call from United Movers of America stating they had made a mistake and I was entitled to a full refund but I’d have to take the complaint down before it could be issued. I refused and said I’d rather consumers knew about their shady sales practices instead.
ID
Service
United Movers Of America Moving Service
Cons
  • Shady sales practices
Reason of review
Shady Sales Practices
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article