Peter B Kqa

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker New City, New York

They pay their existing customer 0.50% less than agreed to pay when we signed up.

We opened a savings account with UFB Direct in March 2023 paying 5.02% interest As of today they are currently paying 5.25% to new customers.

We received an email in April stating:

"Thank you for being a UFB Direct preferred customer. We hope youre enjoying your leading rate on your Preferred Savings account!

As one of our valued customers, we wanted to let you know that starting 4/13/2023, UFB Direct will no longer offer Preferred Savings to new customers. This will not affect your account in any way. Sit back, relax, and continue to enjoy 5.02% APY* no action needed on your part!"

We found out months later that they lowered our rate ininitally to 4.75% in August and then subsequently to 4.50%, even though they were paying new customers anywhere from 5.02% to 5.25% during that time period. When we finally noticed the discrepancy, we contacted them around 11/16/2023 .

They did agree to raise our rate to 5.25% as of that day, but wouldn't do anything to correct the past.

They subsequently sent a message saying that the documents that we signed when we opened the account allows them to do what they did and that we should monitor our account. I then complained to www.helpwithmybank.gov and I am awaiting the outcome.

We strongly feel that UFB Direct's policies have been put in place solely to mislead existing customers with the hopes that interest rate reductions won't be noticed by unsuspecting people.

Consumer beware, stay away from this bank!

User's recommendation: Consumer Beware, Stay Away From This Bank

Zarek Bqz
map-marker Peoria, Arizona

Deposit all money immediately. You have is inactive and suspended

Please send any amount to me. Note my address has changed as below.

Bobbie Obrien

14525 State Hwy 16 North

Medina, TX 78055

Tracy F Gtq

New customer

I could not understand the customer service provider due to the thick accent. The difficulty of transferring funds in the amount of time it takes could result in a fee to me the customer which is not acceptable.

Preferred solution: Clarification

Stan W Cni

Bank Transfer failiure

Your bank is a joke!!! You knew that you were having problems with scheduled transfers failing that had been modified by revising the amount or date of the requested transfer but you did nothing to alert the customers of this potential problem.

As a result, I had two transfer failures that ended up costing me almost a hundred dollars in insufficient fund fees from the bank that I had directed the transfer to be made...one of the failures was for my estimated tax payment to the IRS which they did not appreciate. I have since transferred all my proceeds from your bank and I will never use you again.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Cusotmer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not deposit any of your money in this bank, it seems they would rather conceal their problems instead of alerting customers of same.

Carlos L Yiu

Want to close account

It's impossible to close an account or ti communicate with someone. Worst custumer service ever! Transfers takes a life!

Pros:
  • High yeld interest account
Cons:
  • All the rest is bad from the app to the custumer service

Preferred solution: I want to close the account for god sake!!!

User's recommendation: Get real custumer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article