My doctor moved almost 2 months ago and i havent been assigned another

when dr. antonio howard,my dr of 3 years, left in december 2021 he told me dr keiser would be taking over my case, which would include my prescriptions and this did not happen. i am a disabled gunshot victim from 2013 and live with daily constant pain. i depend on my medications for relief of this agony and some sort of quality of life. i have gotten the run around from the office staff and have been suffering without my meds for almost 2 months

User's recommendation: dont use uams med center, they suck.

ID
Little Rock, Arkansas
Pros
  • Dr howards care
Cons
  • Office staff
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Verified Reviewer

Ambulatory referral to UAMS Neurosurgery

Arrived in ER at approx 3:15 PM 2/19/2020 with my wife who is suffering from severe chronic pain of unknown origin in her extreme lower back. We had a previous expedited referral to UAMS Neurosurgery from our Neurologist in NW AR for this same reason. We were in transit through LR when my wife could not continue and resulted in the trip to UAMS ER. An understandably packed ER resulted in a 6 hr wait to see a physician. After yet another CT scan and blood work no obvious reason was found for the pain. We were released with an Ambulatory Referral to UAMS Neurology. Contacted them (Neurology) the following day at which time we were told to return home and wait for their call. After a week I called back. I Got a voicemail box and left a detailed message with my wife's information and requested a call-back that never came. Repeated this the following week with the same results. Called again today and finally got a real person. A very nice lady who informed me while they did have the referral from our NW Medical Neurosurgeon they had NOTHING as far as an ambulatory referral from UAMS ER. So no labs, scans, no record. Just an expedited referral from our DR in NWA. We understand everyone is "backed up". We have been hearing this since last Sept and patiently waited while I have watched my wife's health decline to the point we aren't certain what to do next. I'm currently on the phone (hold) with someone else who is trying to help us figure this out. After 4 (yes 4) disconnects while holding in various areas at UAMS since 12 pm today it's now 3:48PM. On the phone for 4 hrs, so in only a couple more we will have tied the ER wait. My wife stands or lies down. She cannot sit for more than 15 mins. without resorting to prescription pain medication. Not at her job, not home, not driving. We cannot share a bed because a slight movement causes her pain. We are so thoroughly disappointed in UAMS. Not simply because of the lack of communication, but the COMPLETE lack of professionalism we have had to endure while dealing with this. Simply stunned.

User's recommendation: The information age has not reached UAMS apparently. Keep that in-mind when you go and be prepared to be patient well beyond what you would ever expect to need.

ID
Big Rock, Arkansas
Cons
  • Wait
  • Failure to follow-through with referral
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

Who may need the 4th vaccine? Is monkeypox dangerous? Prof. Karen Jubanyik comments on the mask-optional policy, COVID booster shot, and the monkeypox.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article