map-marker Isenburg, Rheinland-Pfalz

Service Department wont fix my car

I have a 2021 Nissan Sentura and have had nothing but trouble since I bought my car. I have TRIED to have my car serviced more than I have ever had a car serviced before. Tried being the operative word, because I have taken my car to be serviced multiple times complaining of my car sensors going off and my car seizing up in the middle of Alcoa Hwy in front of traffic. I was asked if my sensors were dirty because dirty sensors cause this. My sensors are not dirty because I run my car through the was daily. Well, Was it foggy? No! Well maybe you should disable your sensors when you get in your car. I mean are you *** me? I paid for a new car and this is what I am told? So, after the third time of this happening, I show up with no warning call and refuse to leave until my car is fixed. I even have pictures of the dashboard warnings when this happens and show them. So, now I guess they have to fix it. They keep it for a week with no loaner car to let me use.

On to the next, I see my car is losing power when I am accelerating and I am concerned so I call for my usual service and voice my concern. I am actually asked if I was pressing the gas and break at the same time. Really? I am almost 40 years old and have been driving since I was 14. Would I have been asked this question if I wasn't a woman? Does my *** hinder me from having common sense? So, as I am sure you guessed by now, My car still runs like ***

Oh but there is more, There was a recall on my Tie Rod but when I took it in for service once again, I was told there was nothing wrong with it so they aren't changing it. Okay fair, but why is my car vibrating when I drive, worse when I slow down? Why is my tire popping and cracking when I turn? Why is only my driver side tire almost void of tread but my other three are in great condition? Why does my driver side tire have chunks of rubber out of the side and why do I have to air it up daily because it wont hold air? Keep in mind, all of my other tires are in great shape and my car has 25000 miles on it. So when I take it back and tell them the issues I am having, I am told that my tires only have a life of 30k-35k miles on them. Okay, but my other tires are fine, my tires should not wear down so unevenly. At least the front two should look close to the same. After the 3rd time of taking it for the same issue and being told that I just need to replace the tires and there is nothing wrong with my car, it is safe to drive. I hydroplane 3x the next day and nearly wreck one of the three. My fiancee calls the Supervisor/Manager and complains that we are not being listened to (we are both females) and my car is not being fixed. He schedules us yet another appointment and they look closer and see that I need a new strut. Mind you, this has been going on for MONTHS and now they decide they need to fix it. Now, for this tire... I feel like I should not be liable to pay for this one tire seeing that I have tried to get this problem fixed 4 different times and I am not listened to and made to feel stupid. Instead, I am expected to buy 300 dollars worth of new tires for the front. It's not the money that concerns me, its the fact that I cant figure out why in the *** I am paying for insurance if I cant get my car fixed. Should have just bought a USED car because honestly, the used one I own runs far better that the new one I have. The used car is 12 years old.

The company calls me back again today to see how my service went and I let her know how much I regret using this company and pretty much laid out the *** poor service I am receiving from this Service Department and she sends me to the service department to talk to them again. Guess who I got on the phone? The same guy who thinks I know absolutely nothing about cars because I am a girl. He then argues with me that now the reason that the driver side tire is worn more than the rest (close to blowing) and the others have full tread is because I didn't rotate my tires last time I was in. I will absolutely take my car to another Twin City Dealership for the rest of my service. I have never been treated this way by customer service before in all of my years of trying to resolve issues.

I then asked to be transferred back to the lady in customer service who was more than happy to try to help me and sent me to the voicemail of the Manager and suggest I voice all of my concerns with him. I sure hope he doesn't treat women the way that the Service Department does.

User's recommendation: Have a male with you when dealing with the Service Department, especially if you are a Lesbian Couple, because "apparently" having a *** means that you are not smart enough to know what is going on with your vehicle. I also would not waste my time on a getting Bumper to Bumper Warranty or taking your car in if there is a recall because it wont get fixed.

Resolved
Shilana M

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: HORRIBLE BODY SHOP CUSTOMER SERVICE

Updated by user Feb 19, 2018

The efforts and attention I recieved from this company is satisfactory to me. This complaint due to the miscommunication on behalf of my insurance company needs to be set to Progressive instead of Twin City Nissan.

This company is wonderful they went above and beyond to make sure they resolved the issue at hand. I apologize for all of the mix up. These people are very wonderful and caring and did everything in making sure they help as much as they could to get me back on the road and I thank them so much.

I am not sure if I can change this complaint to Progressive and take it away from Twin City Nissan but this company is awesome. Thank you so much Twin City Nissan keep up the wonderful customer service and helping out your customers.

Original review Feb 15, 2018
My insurance had to to take my vehicle in to this shop for my adjuster to go out to look at my bumper. I don't know what was told ot my adjuster so now they are trying to deem my vehicle a total lost. This shop failed to put my vehicle back together now my battery is not working at all. It was together when I brought it in and the decision of my insurance should had nothing to do with them putting my vehicle back together the way it was. I am very angry and heated. I even thought about buying a Rogue from here but now I am not going no where near this place ever again. It makes no sense they would send me my car back in pieces when they got it it was not really this makes no sense. Guy in body shop was also rude to the tow truck driver as well he told me a lot the guy did and told him. Very unprofessional and no customer service at all to make you want to even visit this place. My first visit here and I am not going back ever unless it to get my car put back together like they found it.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service
  • Inconsiderate rude
Reason of review:
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Put my car back together the way it was when it went in.

map-marker Knoxville, Tennessee

THEY ALMOST COST ME $1600 UNNECESSARILY

I WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY 2005 SENTRA. I WENT IN TO TWIN CITY AND THEY RAN A DIAGNOSTIC WHICH TOLD THEM I NEEDED A NEW THROTTLE BODY. I TOOK IT BACK TO GET THE WORK DONE AND THEY TOLD ME IT NEEDED CAN SHAFT GEARS AND A NEW TIMING CHAIN. THEY SAID THAT MY CAR WAS JUMPING TIME AND THE TIMING CHAIN WAS STRETCHED OUT WHICH WAS CAUSING MY PROBLEM. THEY SAID IT WOULD BE $1600 TO FIX THESE THINGS (ON TOP OF THE $382 I WAS ALREADY SPENDING WITH THEM FOR THE THROTTLE BODY). I TOOK IT TO A ONE MAN MECHANIC WHO TOOK MY VALVE COVER OFF AND DISCOVERED IMMEDIATELY I NEEDED A NEW VALVE COVER GASKET AND AN OIL PRESSURE GASKET. HE TOLD ME THAT NISSAN NEVER EVEN REMOVED THE VALVE COVER. THE OLD ADHESIVE WAS STILL IN PLACE. THATS PROOF ENOUGH FOR ME. HE TOOK A LOOK AT THE TIMING CHAIN WHICH WAS PERFECTLY FINE AND NOT STRETCHED OUT. MY CAM SHAFT GEARS WERE A LITTLE WORN BUT ISNT WHAT WAS CAUSING MY CAR TO NOT RUN AT ALL. THIS OTHER MECHANIC CHARGED ME $300 AND MY CAR RUNS PERFECTLY. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TAKE YOUR CAR TO DONAHUE REPAIR SERVICE ON WASHINGTON PIKE IN KNOXVILLE. I SERIOUSLY WOULD HAVE SPENT $1600 AND MY CAR WOULD STILL NOT BE RUNNING IF I HAD LEFT IT UP TO NISSAN. I HATE THEM AND I HOPE NOONE EVER TAKES THEIR CAR THERE. THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEYRE DOING AND THEY DONT CARE IF YOU SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY ON SOMETHING THAT IS NOT EVEN WRONG WITH YOUR CAR.
Loss:
map-marker Knoxville, Tennessee

Twin city nissian forceful finance thru nissian

We was in the market to find my wife a new car so we stopped in at twin city nissian. I was preapproved for a certain amount of money to purchase a new car thru my credit union. The sales man was nice and bent over backwards to please us so my wife picked her car that she wanted and we begun the lengthily process of signing the paper work when they brought us into the finance manger office That's where it went down hill from their I told them I was a cash customer and I had been preapproved thru my bank and I was a cash customer. They pretty much tricked me into signing a piece of paper to run my credit to force me to finance thru nissian credit so they pulled my credit showed me they can finance the car for 2%. I told them they didn't have permission to pull my credit, so been lied to we ripped up the paper work and went to Ted russel nissian and bought my wife's Altima .
map-marker Tellico Plains, Tennessee

Twin City Nissan - Forced Using their financing

To: Twin City Nissan 3247 Alcoa Highway Alcoa, TN 37701-**** (865) 970-**** Al Barber: Finance Manager Email: abarber@***.com This is to just inform all that this email is being sent too that when I contacted the Twin City Nissan Finance Dept. about Alcoa Federal Credit Union handling the financing on my 201* 370Z that I purchased on 7/24/2010, I was told that financing was already approved by Fifth Third Bank. I contacted Fifth Third Bank personally today before 5:00pm and after being told by 3 different Operators in 3 different Departments that I did not have an account with Fifth Third I asked them to check for any Pending Loans in my Name. I informed them I had contacted Twin City Nissan to inform them I had received a letter from Suntrust Bank refusing my loan application and that I had contacted Erin Hill at ALCOA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION and that I was pre-approved and the money was waiting to be sent but they would need a Bill for the automobile. When I contacted the Finance Dept. at Twin City Nissan again, I again was told that the loan was already approved and financing was taken care of by Fifth Third Bank. This is what prompted me to contact Fifth Third Bank personally and again a second time to verify that there was NO APPROVED LOAN but a pending loan (not approved ) in my name. I am requesting any and all vehicle billing information be sent to the following person at ALCOA Tenn Federal Credit Union. Erin Hill Loan Department Alcoa Tenn Federal Credit Union "A Place Where You Belong" PO Box 9001 Alcoa, TN 37701 865-380-**** Fax (865)977-**** I am also asking that since I was blatantly lied to more than once about a loan already approved by Fifth Third Bank for this loan and in my name that a written apology be sent to this email address today by the persons that knowingly lied to me and that verification be sent to me that the information I am requesting be sent to the person and Credit Union as I have requested, for the 4th time. If I need too I can be at Twin City Nissan before 9:00am in the morning of 08/05/2010 and we can contact Fifth Third Bank (1-80*-972-****) together to again verify that there is no open loan but a pending loan application in my name. DR Massey Contacted Twin City Nissan to request Car Billing info be faxed to Erin at ATFCU Fax (865)977-**** ATFCU request I contact Fifth Third Bank 1-80*-972-**** www.53.com for Account # and 10day Payoff amt: No acct. # found by my SS# and or name, per first operator, to be open in their system! 1st Transferred to Auto Lease 2nd Transferred to Checking and Savings - Operator - Regine No Account for my SS# found in the system! 3rd Transferred to Installment Loans - Operator - Rose No Account for my SS# found in the system! Have application on file Pending but no open loans for me of any kind.
Dewey R Grq

On 08/06/2010 I was working over on a double shift but when I finally got to check my person email I found that at 10:33am the EXECUTIVE MANAGER of T.C.N. had left me an email stating he was concerned with any statements I had made about being lied too "about the financing being approved through 5th 3rd Bank" . He also stated he had "attached the approval we received from 5th 3rd on July 26, which shows the approval of your loan." My response to this was "Why am I just now being shown this for the first time". He again noted that they could get the interest rate down to 3.49%.

Now this would be great if my issue had been anything to gain or benefit financially by somehow manipulating the deal to get a better rate, my issue had nothing to do with the rates or the deal but the fact that when I received the mailing from Suntrust stating my loan was not approved I went to where I knew I could get approved and the money to pay for the vehicle would be gotten to the dealership as quickly as possible. When I brought this back to the Finance Dept. I was told that a loan was already approved and they could not move it. I checked and found there was no load approved but instead a pending application and brought this to their attention to which again I was told the loan was approved without any verification on their end.

The EXECUTIVE MANAGER stated in his email " My bigger concern was trying to gain an understanding of how this issue became so contentious so quickly. In fact, my finance managers should have used your credit union to get a rate reduction from whatever lender we had placed the loan with."

This could be part of my problem since I did not even recommend discuss with them about using ATFCU since I assumed ( and we all know where this gets us ) that they would be able to quickly secure the financing.

My wife and I had discussed paying cash for the vehicle but since it had been years since we had financed anything it may be best to just finance this and make payments. We also discussed that our credit rating may not be the best since we had always paid in cash. This is the reason we feel Suntrust did not give us the credit and we did not ask.

In the end in his email he stated he was "Interviewing my managers who have knowledge of how this unfolded to try and fix any customer service issue I might have. I apologize for any treatment you received that indicated we were not willing to cooperate fully with your desire to change how you were going to finance your purchase."

Which was all good I assume but the last part was all I was asking for to bring peace to this issue. Since we had finally gotten the information to ATFCU to get the application finished on 08/05/2010 and on 08/06/2010 at approximately 2:53pm all the paperwork had been signed and checks cut. The money was now waiting for Mathew to pick up, I told Erin I could deliver it but she just smiled and said they would pick it up.

In the end I got my Vehicle and I made sure T.C.N. got their money for the car. I got an apology and I accepted this apology. I agreed to clarify the ends that came of this and this is what I am doing.

Will I do business again with Twin City Nissan?

Sure if they will accept my business since I have stated from the beginning I have no issues with the sales staff, or the deal that was made for the vehicle or with the vehicle itself. All issues were resolved maybe not in as a timely manner as should have to avoid any conflicts or issues but to the best of the abilities of all involved. I got the Money to Nissan for the Car and I got an apology.

Will things be different the next time?

I think so. Now on their end I cannot say as I have not inquired but I can promise that on my end the next time I will go in with a Check in hand be it either my personal check or from a preapproved vehicle loan from a financial institution.

My recommendations!

1. Deal with T.C.N. in ALCOA Tennessee as well as Twin City's other dealerships.

2. Secure financing prior to starting to look for a new vehicle.(This even applies to me)

3. ASK Questions! If you do not get the answers you need ask them again maybe to a different person.

4. If you feel you have been wronged bring it to someone's attention and from this experience I shows it me be best to just take it higher up.

5. Never let pride stand in the way of an apology or excepting an apology. We are all humans and do make mistakes but sometimes too much pride will prevent us from seeing those and delay what we know we should have done in the first place to make things right!

6. When you go to T.C.N. mention my name and tell them I sent you. Will this get you a better deal? I doubt it but just maybe I can get a free lunch out of them when you buy that new or used vehicle from them!!

Dewey R Grq

Mathew From T.C.N. called me at 2:22pm on 08/05/2010 and asked for the Information as to where the Billing information was to be faxed too as well as asked for the number for the person handling the loan at ATFCU.

He discussed that they could offer me a 3.49% interest rate but, I informed him that it was not about the interest rate it I still felt I had been lied too and even after I had informed the Finance Department of what information I had obtained and shared from 5th 3rd Bank.

I gave Mathew the Information he requested and told him that in my opinion this should have all been taken care of yesterday 08/04/20010. I again let him know I had no issues with the sales staff, the deal we made on the car or even the car itself.

I called Erin at ATFCU at 2:25pm on 08/05/2010 and let her know to expect the information and she emailed me back at 3:45pm to let me know "I received the new deal sheet and everything looks correct".

I returned the email and told her I could come in today and sign the paperwork which replied to she informed me "We close at 4:30 today, but are open until 6:00 tomorrow.". I returned her email to acknowledge I had received that information as well as to supply her with the insurance information she requested.

08/05/2010 10:30am Contact

Fifth Third Bank 1-80*-***-****

www.53.com

Account # None on file

10day Payoff amt:

1st operator : Meg - No Account on Record for this name or SS#

2nd Operator: New Accts: 800-275-**** - Karen - Application Pending but not approved and no open account. She said she checked to make sure application was not going through and left a message for the department in charge to that effect. If it did to contact the person at the number supplied to rectify.

#800-264-**** Ask to speak to person In Charge of Financing (Twin City Nissan)

View more comments (2)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article