Tumi Reviews

Show reviews that mention
customer service quality customer service china products suitcase bag stuff stores
Filter review

Not worth the price-won't last

Bought my son a set of Tumi in 2014--extremely expensive purchase but I thought I was buying something that would last him forever. By 2019 the zipper on the biggest and most expensive bag was broken and per Tumi unrepairable. They sent me a $200 gift card --you can't even buy a backpack for $200 at Tumi. SAVE YOUR MONEY and buy a less expensive brand-that way when it breaks down you won't be so disappointed and angry.. I'll never recommend or buy again-the high price doesn't mean there is any quality in this product.
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Tumi Suitcase

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM TUMI!

Purchases and iPad Air case and after two years a piece of the plastic broke off and now will not hold my iPad. Cheap stuff. I have another iPad with a case from Walmart...purchased it 7 years ago and it is still great with no broken. DO NOT BUY CHEAP AND THE WARRANTY SUCKS!
ID
#1719450 Review #1719450 is a subjective opinion of poster.
San Antonio, Texas
Clamcase Power Apple Ipad Air Tablet Case
Warranty issue

Stay away from Tumi !

Tumi use to be really good quality stuff back in the 90s . Now is it cheap junk . They farm production out to China who has not concept of quality . When is the last time someone said , OMG ! Look at my suitcase made in China isn’t it the Best ! I have had it for 20+ years ? Survey says ! NEVER !
Noventa Di Piave, Veneto
Tumi Suitcase
Pros
  • Style
Cons
  • Poor quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Tumi has DOWNGRADED their customer service!

The handle on My $1500.00 Tumi carry on bag I purchased 3 years ago broke .... I sent to Tumi to be repaired. Got an email from Tumi repair Dept saying the bag was not repairable and the would like to offer me a $650.00 Credit on the purchase of another Tumi carry on which now costs $1600! My bag is only 3 years old - shouldn’t Tumi luggage (a carry on bag no less) last MORE than 3 years?? And to get there pathetic offer of a $650 credit towards another one of their inferior products is insulting. In the past they would replace any bag they were unable to repair- I’m now a totally dissatisfied customer and will tell everyone how bad the product is and the customer service
Manhattan, New York
Tumi Suitcase
Cons
  • Bad warranty
Loss

Tumi - Suitcase Review

I have 2 Tumi large suitcases and the corners are coming apart.Took suitcases to a Tumi store and it cost $25 each to send them in. Customer service called and said they could not fix them. Very rude customer service. After I purchased my suitcases I noticed all of Tumi suitcases have plastic corner guards. Why can't a company just just say we screwed up and fix their poorly designed product.Will never buy another Tumi product.

Americans are easily bamboozled into buying overly priced junk because a "name" brand has been programed into their brains to the point of not using common sense. This is evident when I went to the Tumi website and saw a 1300.00 carryon that didn't look any more "special" than any other basic carry on.

The hardcase luggage was kind of cute, but not worth that type of money. No one cares anyhow what your luggage looks like.

@PissedConsumer1317070

Look a broke loser left a comment. Lolz!

@PissedConsumer1317070

Stop buying this cheap *** made in China !

View more comments (2)
Bad quality

Do Not Buy Tumi products!

Tumi is a horrible company to work for as they treat employess like ***. There product is marked up about 300% for a very easy to make item. $600 for a $100 cost item! Don't buy the name!!!! Most everything they make is made in China to keep the costs at a minimum. While most items made in China are under Quality control, Tumi products seem to be made too fast and have many problems due to the speed at which they are available. There customer service in the stores is not tailored to the customer. The employees think they are better than everyone.

I bought a nice leather Tumi brief-case in Beijing for ¥200... or $30.

The leather, stitching, Buckles, leather strap, cloth interior and overall quality are pretty incredible. To be honest, I doubt it’s any different than the bags sold in the USA.

I looked online and it retails for $595. I’ll be putting boxes of these, LV, Burberry and Gucci in my container when I head back to the USA, mark it up 800-****% and make about @$20-25k in profit thus supporting my American dream.

@PissedConsumer1437158

knock off, but could be decent quality

@PissedConsumer1317072

Not just Americans, *** I used to sell US discount store RL Polo Oxfords to UK stores for a 400% markup until we got shut down. People are label conscious in every country where there’s an opportunity for wealth and to show off how much better you think you are than your peers.

@PissedConsumer1317072

True, $1300 for a bag - and made in CHINA too? Crazy.

#1201173

My ex-gf's family used to make Tumi bags in America spending a lot of money on their factory to be able to produce their bags. One day, Tumi suddenly notified them that they are shifting their manufacturing contracts with factories in China.

So much for supporting the people of U.S.of A.

I will never buy another Tumi product again. Btw, my ex gf's family filed for bankruptcy, and went through some hard times.

@PissedConsumer1201173

Considering how expensive Tumi is, it's outrageous if they are making all their products in China. I'd expect prices like they charge if made in the US or Italy, but not in Asia. That really is too much.

@PissedConsumer1651083

Very true!!their prices warrant a made in US or EU guarantee!

Agree 100%

I DO AGREE 100 %.

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE AT THE STORES AND AT THE CENTER. "DO NOT BUY TUMI".

View more comments (13)
Oceanside, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article