Tulalip Motorsports - Truck Review from Seattle, Washington

Went to sign the papers on a truck we wanted to buy only to find out an hour before we could get there someone showed up with cash & bought the truck. They could not even give us a call back so we did not have to waste our time driving down there. Then Aaron the guy that called the night before telling us all had been approved could not even come out & tell us they had sold the truck he has his lot guy tell us. Guess all worked out for the best we found a Better truck & deal. Thank God after reading some of their reviews we never purchased that truck.
ID
Seattle, Washington
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Used car lot selling lemons while practicing fraud

I bought a 2003 chevy silverado 1500 used as is from tulalip motorsports being led to believe it was a great vehicle. They showed me a website stating this truck and its shape is rated 12 out of 10 on a scale of 10. I checked it out very thoroughly at the dealer but could not find anything wrong they had already changed all the fluids so they all looked new and clean so I bought the truck. I drove the truck the next day and all of a sudden the check engine light came on also with the transmission slipping horribly. I called them and they said well you bought as is. I was unhappy with that response and then talked to the owner aaron who told me to bring it to them to see what they could do. Then I was called and told they did a transmission flush but it didn't fix it so i needed a transmission. They said I could pay to have them fix it . Even if it was a discounted rate I felt ripped off and wasnt about to hand them more money. I went and got the truck back and saw that I gave them a half a tank of gas it was parked across the street with an empty tank of gas. Overlyfrustrated with this deal I went and had a heated duscussion with the owner who was an absaloute *** and wasnt going to do a thing to make this right. Seeing the truck on empty with 200 miles more than when I brought it to them he lied right to my face saying they only drove it around the block.. The third day ive gotten to drive it, today my carpool didnt wake up so I had to drive into seattle myself. On my way home frome work I was doing 60 with the cruise control on and it started slowing down I thought it was the transmission not wanting to shift so hit the gas a little to accelerate . When it wouldn't I looked down and the rpms were barely at idle and then died. I was now stranded on the side of the road and had to call a tow truck $150 and had it towed to the nearest chevy dealer where its waitng diagnosis $240 and now I owe $10500 on a vehicle I honestly wont be able too afford to fix and now am left without transportation. They said theyd pay 1/2 of the price of parts and then $50 per hour for labor to fix problems that would be obviously present when they got the truck and changed the fluids and saw what came out or when they had to plug the computer repeatedly in to turn off the check engine light with was set off by the knock sensor. All of this happened in less than 300 miles of driving. They did a good job of covering up the issues just enough to sell it which is FRAUD or thier incompetent and missed or ignored blatantly obvious issues with the vehicle. Upon doing my research on the dealership reviews (a little too late) come to find out they havev a F with the better business bureau and have found several reviews of this same sort of thing happened to them. Thats ridiculous that a dealer can do that to customers bought as is or not. Something needs to be done so they cant screw the next customer.

Yup fast forward to 2018 tulalip motorsports is still up to no good and selling lemons and cheating hard working folks out of their hard earned money.....but the owner has now moved out of Marysville( probably because the city of Marysville does not want his business to be there would be my best guess)anyhoo His new business is apexx motorsports in Woodinville washington.Yup this is what dirtbags do when there reputation goes down the drain.The owner got me for towing and repairs and a detail which totaled over $800 on a diesel truck. That I got to drive for a total of 45 minutes before it broke down on me at 1030 at night in the middle of nowhere because of a faulty fuel system....but of course im to blame according to the owner i ran it out of fuel on purpose.well maybe if the fuel gauge was not faulty i would have known.so since i did not want the truck back the owner told me that the ace was in his pocket and i needed to.pay up so he kept my down payment and held the title for my subaru and my motorhome over my head till i paid for the bill.

You should file a complaint www.atg.wa.gov if there is patten of fault which there appears to be, the State will file charges and investigate.

We had the same issue they lied to use about the Volvo and would not take the blue book value as the car was in such great condition. The car value $6,500.00 and repair costs are $4,600.00.

The reason they have an "F" is because they have not sought BBB accreditation. They only had two complaints in three years.

This is why you pay a hundred dollars to a mechanic, to look at it, and verify its condition!

View more comments (4)
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article