TuffWriter.com - Jack Roman stole Tawatec watch, and money

TuffWriter.com - Jack Roman stole Tawatec watch, and money When I had a mechanical defect problem with a quartz Tawatec EO Diver watch I purchased, $260 in 2011, I let Jack Roman know within the 30 day window for return. (He has since carefully re-written his return policy.) We talked about upgrading to a better model, but his stock is poor and he did not have the better one anyway. A few days passed during our email exchanges, and then he told me I could not return the watch. I returned the watch without his authorization with USPS dev'ry confirmation. He was adamant about never giving me my money back, so eventually I just gave up and asked for the watch back, so that I could get Tawatec manufacturer warranty service. He did not send the watch back. He denied ever receiving it, despite the USPS Del'vry confirmation scanned receipt I emailed to him. I attempted to get satisfaction thru both PayPal/Bill Me Later (a total joke), and then later the Phoenix, AZ Better Business Bureau. There is an unresolved complaint against TuffWriter.com and Jack Roman with the BBB, by the way. Both BillMeLater and the BBB compaint filing were terribly ARDUOUS processes that took every bit of patience I could muster. When the Phoenix BBB first notified him, Jack initially said yes, he would refund me, but I had to FIRST post on the popular WATCHUSEEK forum, taking back everything I said about him and his company, and say I am fully satisfied. And he also wanted me to petition the webmaster to REMOVE my former postings about my experience with Tuffwriter.com Clearly, this is crazy. I have no power over editing old content on that web forum. I told him GIVE ME THE REFUND FIRST, then I will certainly attest to the fact that he made things right. I never received a refund (price was $260). I never got the watch back. When I sent it to him, there was a physical problem with the stem - it was frozen. You could not set the time, but it was still running. And it was certainly in one piece, with no external clue that anything was wrong. There was no outward damage, save for a few small scratches in the cheap glass crystal. Jack Roman must have DISASSEMBLED the watch, because after I posted about this experience on the WATCHUSEEK forum, he REPLIED, arguing and commenting about damage to the internals. I couldn't believe that after denying he ever rec'd it, now he's posting about how the stem was bent, which means he took it apart!! No wonder why he never sent it back to me. Jack is a liar and a thief. I spent far too much time trying to get satisfaction from Tuffwriter.com. I never did. I would have settled for the watch back, but I got nothing.

Can't believe this, I was going to buy a watch from them but after reading this NO WAY, after everything u went though he should have sent u ur money & brand new watch if he wanted u to say u were now happy.

ID
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article