Truckin' Movers Did Not Save My Moving Date; Not Apologetic

I picked an Angie's List honors moving company for quality. What I found with Truckin' Movers in North Carolina was a huge disappointment that has left me in a very difficult spot. After waiting three weeks for my quote, out of concern I finally called the company back, only to find that the moving date we'd agreed on (tomorrow) had not set because "we hadn't agreed on a price". Really? I waited for nearly a month for them to work out the price and called at least thrice looking for my estimate. If I say I want to move June 30th, that means I want to move June 30th. This is not a rough idea, and it is most certaintly NOT give or take however long it takes the company to do the estimate. That should have been the first thing they wrote down, so if it became an issue, they could have let me know ASAP. I spoke with the office manager. He was a nice guy, but I do not remember him apologizing, and he essentially shoved the blame off of the company, and onto me because I've never used a moving company before. Fortunately we were able to work it out, and I am now moving on July 5th... the day I start my summer classes! No discount for inconvenience or anything, and I have to stay in a hotel the night before. They should be paying for that. Looks like even with Angie's List honors, you still get some lemons. I don't have to have used a moving company before to know that the service I have received over the past month is mediocre.
ID
Raleigh, North Carolina

About

Summary

Truckin' Movers company profile in Durham, NC. Our free company profile report for Truckin' Movers includes business information such as contact, sales and financial data.

Truckin Movers reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article