TRIUS HPC Unethical & Unreliable

I DO NOT recommend this company. I personally used Trius HPC to provide me with blown insulation to the attic space of the new addition of my house. I was given a quote over the phone because the owner (Mark R.) didn't feel it was important enough to see the job before giving me a quote. One of Marks workers showed up wearing his Trius unifrom to assess the job the following morning. The Trius technician walked the job site, inside and out. He walked the exterior counting out 10 eave vents. He agreed to install 10 eave baffles and provide blown insulation for the price of $475.00 to an area approximately 350sf-375sf After assessing the job the Trius technian, Mark the owner sent over, felt it could be done for the quote provided by Mark/Trius.. What I got was approximately 7" of blown insulation (Does not meet the R-30 value required for attics - Minimum should be 9" according to Mark) to an area that is maybe 350sf. Trius only installed 4 of the 10 eave baffles and didn't bother to insulate an attic area above the new bedroom or the bathroom area. Absolutely NO insulation at all. The Trius technician never mentioned the fact that only a portion of my attic was insulated. Had I not had a job to go to, I would have been able to verify the completion of the work, but I left the check with my wife, who is caring for 3 young children, and asked her to pay them once they were done. If you look into the attic access area you can see there is insulation installed (7" at depth) but with out crawling up into the attic to take random measurements of the depth I would not have seen the TWO area that had NO INSULATION at all. I placed my objection to Mark sent him pictures with depth measurements, and the area that has NO INSULATION or eave baffles. He pretty much told me I got what I paid for. I later discovered the technician Mark sent to do the work was recently laid off and not licensed, bonded or insured by Trius. Even though Mark sent the technician to my home, showing up at my home 3 times wearing a Trius uniform, Mark told me, my dispute is with the technician not Trius. I still have the area that is completely UN-INSULATED and TRIUS HPC states that I have to pay them more money to get it completed the way it should have been done in the first place. I have asked Mark multiple times for a copy of my receipt but have not received it. I later went into the attic space to take addtional pics for the BBB and I discovered the remaining 6 eave baffles laid out side by side burried under about 3" of insulation with a gap between the gypsum board and the baffles of about 4". Mark R has been nothing but offensive through out the entire ordeal making claim-less accusation to defend his poor service. Going as far as to directly calling me names over the phone and on websites. He claims I "leveraged" my position as a realtor to try to get a "deal". His claims of reporting me to the real estate commission and broker is completely laughable. Take my advice and avoid the headache. Don't use this unethical and unreliable company. Feel free to contact me for any details or photos. I DO NOT recommend this company.
ID
Vashon, Washington

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article