Resolved: TripActions Android App

Update by user Aug 06, 2018

the extra fee is refunded to me and paid by TripActions

Original review posted by user Jul 26, 2018
Although I have contacted Customer Care of TripActions about this issue, I was not able to get a satisfactory solution. On July 23rd, I have made a booking through their Android app. If you follow the steps through the mobile app, Hotel > Location & Date > Search > Select > View Rooms > Double Bed > Select, you will see a Checkout page which does not state any details as "single room" or "double room" and directly takes the user to checkout without asking number of guests. Therefore, I followed exactly same steps to book a room in this hotel for two people, and due to lack of information/features provided by the app, I had booked a single room without knowing it. I learned it after receiving the confirmation e-mail and called the hotel right away, and I was told I had booked a single room with a double bed, and due to lack of similar rooms for two people they can only offer me a room with a sea view, however I should pay a difference of 300 euros! After contacting customer care team of TripActions I have received a similar answer, stating their apologies for this missing feature and saying they will inform programmers about this problem for future. Therefore, I feel really annoyed by the idea of being forced to pay 300 euros more for a room that I actually did not consider booking, and this is directly caused by a missing "details" future on their app. I wonder what they can do in order to solve this issue, because I think it is really unfair and disturbing to be forced to pay an additional fee, for a mistake caused by their app and its design/lacking features. They don't take any responsibility on this and this is really disappointing.
Resolved
ID
Product
Tripactions Mobile Application
Cons
  • App
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article