map-marker Taylor, Texas

Power outage

No power for 6 hours any longer food would have spoiled.Maybe let customers know that the power is out so they can make arrangements

User's recommendation: Could be better

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Blue Ridge, Texas

I’m updating my original complaint

Thanks to POC I was called by TriEagle where they assured me that they are reviewing my complaint. They quoted me calls they received from me, but sadly they cant find the one I referred to where I was quoted 12.1cpkh. And of course I believe them Like the tooth fairy. The rep assured me I was not alone. So for now he will keep looking for the phantom call and feel free to call him if I remember anything else. Thank you Pissed Off Customer, because 1 never would have heard from them except for you.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don’t use TriEagle

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Blue Ridge, Texas

Rates

Im a senior citizen living on a fixed income. I was pressured into signing this contract by the rates changing every time I called. And because no one could explain what was going on. Customer service is very hard to understand. I now have a rate that is almost double what I was paying and cant talk to anyone about it. I cant afford $400.00 a month for electricity.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Avoid TriEagle they are no longer customer friendly.

Guest

No, you can't "talk to somebody". It is what it is.

Talking will do nothing but get you nowhere and raise your blood pressure. A legitimate need or complaint should be handled in writing.

There are often several options for "senior citizens" (I'm one too, but do not call me that). So quit crying and start looking for a solution ; and it's not 'talk' to 'someone'.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2212889

I’m not crying. I’m pissed.

And I gave already written I hope you have better luck. My next move it the state.

View more comments (1)
Linda B Eru
map-marker Port Aransas, Texas

No paperwork sent

I signed up with TriEagle to begin on July 1, 2018 for ONE YEAR. I have been changing electric companies each of the five years that I have been in TX. Each year, I look for the best price and rates were higher last year and I figured I could deal with one year or USURY rates because I could change in July of 19. On the first of July, 2019, I started comparing rates which were 3 cents a kwh less than TriEagle. I called TriEagle to discuss the end of my contract and as to whether they could compete with my better prices. I was told that I had a THREE year contract and that I was on the hook until June 30 of 2021. I WAS NEVER E-MAILED A CONTRACT because if I had been, I would HAVE READ IT and would have picked up on three years. I have and will never sign up for a contract for over one year. Since July 1 of '19, I have called TriEagle several times and was times and was told on 7/14 by Alex #3045 at 3:55 p.m. that they were still looking for the voice record. I called on the 20th and was told that they still couldn't find it and again today on the 26, that they are still looking. I want to find another utility company as TRIEAGLE HAS BEEN VAGUE, DISHONEST and DISINGENUOUS. I do NOT TRUST THEM!
Guest

And all you have done is call, call, call. Ineffective.

Learn to read contracts ; hopefully before you sign them. And watch out for "automatic renewals" clauses - they will be hidden in your original "one year" contract and require a specific written procedure to terminate after the single first year. You will find that it must be furnished in writing at least 30 days prior to the onset of the 'new' billing year first month due date.

Use Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested and keep copies of everything you send. There is nothing 'vague' about it.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article