Art website that never happened

I paid £570 for an art website in June, 2012. The person who took my money so efficiently was his female assistant. After that, needless to say, I heard little from them. There was a long delay between payment and having the images ready because I fell ill, but when I contacted them in November, 2013, discovered that they had gone into liquidation. I remember there being more than 3 complaints at Pissed Consumer, including one that gave the name of the new company Andy Wareham had moved onto. I called him there, because I wanted him to do the website I had paid him for. Needless to say, he didn't get back to me. It is appalling that someone can take the money of so many people, then just start another company without having to pay them back. Why is there no business law in place to prevent this?

Hi there, I am sorry you also fell victim to these people's scam. It was I who initially named this company here on Pissed Consumer in March 2013.

See my review titled: "Tricycle Media Limited - Tricycle Media are scammers - do not use their services"

It was in that review that another victim gave the new name they are now trading under. This company is now called 40 50 Media Ltd. It is run by the same people who operated the defunct Tricycle Media Limited. Do not be fooled.

Avoid them like the plague.

It is so sad that many people are being scammed by this company. There are 3 or 4 reviews about this company here on Pissed Consumer, most of them bad.

ID
#461989 Review #461989 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Woking, England
Loss

They are crooked to the core - take your money then do nothing

I asked them to do two websites they did nothing on one and for the other I got one page which was so bad, my 5 year old could have done better. They have now gone in to administration so they don't have to pay their creditors. Nice Man that Andy Wareham!!! He'll start up again and do it again to some other poor ***! *** that's what they are! I asked them to do two websites they did nothing on one and for the other I got one page which was so bad, my 5 year old could have done better. They have now gone in to administration so they don't have to pay their creditors. Nice Man that Andy Wareham!!! He'll start up again and do it again to some other poor ***! *** that's what they are!

In March 2013 I named this company here on Pissed Consumers. If you have looked at my review about this company titled: "Tricycle Media Limited - Tricycle Media are scammers - do not use their services", you might have escaped the trapping of this company.

In that review, another poster (hacked) who also suffered the same faith gave out the new name of this company. They are now trading as 40 50 Media Ltd. I can't believe the number of people scammed by this company.

When I first outed this company, I thought it was only me they've scammed apparently not.

ID

I cannot praise Tricycle Media enough...

Tricycle Media designed and built a website for me in 2011. We were just a small start-up business then and it was just me working in the business. Just over year later, as a result of the initial website, I now employ 27 staff and have a number of Blue Chip companies on our books. We have recently won a seven million pound contract to build on one of UKs well known theme parks. To say the year has been a successful one is an understatement and I cannot praise Tricycle Media enough for all of their help. Once again thank you very much and I look forward to our continuing success together. Adam Hopkins – TradeWorxUK

Tricycle Media are scammers - do not use their services

In January 2011, I contracted Tricycle Media to build my business website after a month of email communications to and fro. They promised me lots of features and charged me £578.50 after lots of negotiations which I paid for using my debit card on the phone (in January 2011). That should have been a red flag, but as a small business, budget was tight and they were the most feasible option after my research, hence why I decided to go with them. From December 2010 to the actual date of making the payment, I was communicating with Fiona Jefferies (whom I now come to know as their Sales Director). She was the one who also took the payment over the phone on 28 January 2011. The easiest part was taking my payment. The problem started when I emailed them my web content. They used every excuse under the sun and retracted from the original features they promised. After months of heated and rather hateful emails to and fro, I managed to get in contact with Alan Wareham (the Managing Director). He too said that they did not promised all the features I've listed even though I have all the emails to prove otherwise. To this day (in 2013), they still have not designed my website nor had they returned my money. I have written to them before (by mail) twice threatening legal action. These thieves have still not refunded my money or build my website. The last time I heard from them was June 2012 when Fiona sent me a block email they send out to all of their "clients" regarding their newsletter. This company have no shame and they behaved like vultures for the past two years. After I disclosed all the emails to a legal adviser, Alan threatened legal action (by email). That was before my posted letters. I challenged him to take me to court if he so wish. He never did because he knew exactly what they've done. Do not use the services of this company. Not only will they rip you off, but will try to bully you as well. If you are a new and very small business it is tempting to use the service of businesses like these, but believe me the stress and subsequent financial cost is not worth it. Tricycle Media are scam merchants. Avoid them like the plague.

Same story for my website, now they are called 4050media but keep on being so unprofessional I'm tempted to sue them for all the damages they've done to my business.

@PissedConsumer1012917

That is so sad. It seems to me that these thieves haven't changed.

I created a tread for 4050 Media over a year ago and linked it to this tread. I did that to enable potential victims know that they are the same company and stop them from becoming victims like many of us here. I wish people review companies by typing the company name followed by the word "reviews" in Google. It would safe them so much hassle.

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I was exactly in your position over 2 years ago and I know how heart breaking it can be especially if you are just starting out (or even if you are an established small business).

These people are really evil. I wish you all the best in whatever action you decided to take.

Hi same thing happened to me i did a claw back as i paid on my company credit card but things got quite childish with both of these scam artist's with alan making all sorts of threats. It seemed to me that they wanted me to do all the work myself and then get paid.

Steve

@PissedConsumer910594

Hi Steve, I am so sorry you had problems with this company. It is so sad that many people are going through the same thing with Tricyle Media Limited now called 40 50 Media Ltd.

When I first outed this disgusting company over a year ago, I though I was the only one having problems with these scam artists (Fiona Jefferies and Alan Wareham). I was surprised by the number of people who have experienced the same problem (not to mention those who have not commented at all). What you have described about these people is absolutely true. I and many people here had the same problem : childish behaviour, legal threats, just to name a few.

You are lucky you were able to claw back as many people, myself included were not that lucky.

What I've found out is that these people like to target small / start up businesses. I just hope that small businesses check out the reviews of any company before contracting them for their services.

Glad somebody uploaded and posted this site.

After Fiona contacting me selling their website services I paid nearly £1k for a new website. Alan never got back to me after a number of phone calls and emails.

Two years later and no website.

You could not get through on the phone as the switchboard only take messages. Not surprised they have liquidated, I expect 40 50 Media to follow the same route.

If you are wanting a new website, avoid at all costs.

A real customer who got "stung".

I am glad I found this forum on Tricycle Media, now trading as 40 50 Media Ltd. I agree they are scammers who are only after your money.

They took 20 months to get a satisfactory website live for us even though it was only transferring info from our old site. We ended up doing most of the work, and they still charged us extra. Worst of all, they ceased trading in 2013 and started again as 40 50 Media, transferred our site and sent us a bill for hosting. When we asked to be released as they were not authorised to host us they shut down our website until we paid them.

BLACKMAIL !!!

We had to pay them and immediately organised moving our website.

Keep well away from FIONA JEFFERIES and 40 50 MEDIA LTD. they are only after your money for very poor service.

Totally agree with very happy customer. We used Tricycle Media as a friend of our had their website built by them.

The price was low and the quality very high and the service excellent. Personally cannot fault the service at all.

#719417

I've stated before on here that I used this company for 8 years and they designed several websites for me. Fiona and Alan were always been proactive and helpful and I spoke to Alan many times on the phone.

In any businesss there are bound to be the odd one or two people who are not happy no matter what.

You might simply be one of those clients. I would recommend them to anyone.

This bunch are now trading as 40 50 Media and are as unhelpful as they were in their previous incarnation. Work is not done, 'Alan' does not speak to anyone on the phone preferring to carry out non activity by email.

One to avoid!!

#719495
@PissedConsumer718067

Thanks for giving us the heads up hacked. Although Tricycle Media Limited is showing up in Google search, their site is down (or appears to be down).

However 40 50 Media seems to be working. They are probably trying separate themselves from their criminal past (Tricycle Media Limited).

View more comments (22)
London, England

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article