Verified Reviewer

Tikes

We bought two tickets and paid for two credit cards, now we have twice reduced the cost of the ticket from both of our credit cards, we had asked for one ticket from each card.
ID
San Francisco, California
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

Outrageously Ripped Off

Update by user Sep 23, 2021

I reported the ordeal with Smartfares to the Better Business Bureau Pacific Southwest and received a response telling me that my complaint is outside BBB's scope of handling because my complaint was based on dissatisfaction with prices and not a dissatisfaction with the product or service. I sent a letter to Michael E. Thomas, Chairman and CEO of Smartfares (LBF Travel Inc.)And I sent a Consumer Complaint Against A Business form with a detailed letter and supporting documents to the Office of the Attorney General in Sacramento, CA.

Original review updated by user Aug 26, 2021
Long story short - we paid Traveler Help Desk $6884 for tickets that cost $966 in the end due to having to change flights and their fees. Also known as Smartfares.

User's recommendation: Don't get involved with Traveler Help Desk.

ID
Cons
  • An outrageous rip off
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article