Is travelehome.com a scam?

Was searching about travelehome.com on the internet and read these comments, I am the owner of a vacation home in California, USA. I also advertised my home through travelehome.com 6 months ago. when the sales agent asked me to pay $299. He assured me that I will get good response from travelehome.com and its network of websites. But it's a 7th month and I only got few inquiries and only 3 short term bookings. I am not happy with travelehome as they did not fulfill their commitment. I get too many inquiries from other websites I am currently advertising.

Its depend on where is your property listed on travelehome search page. If i am searching a vacation rental in orlando i'll go with the 1st page result not 2 or 3.

I also renting a property on travelehome.

i was give them 100$ to show my property in 1st 5 result on mauii search page. I've got many booking when i do this.

Well As a Vacation home Owner,

Who Advertises on Travelehome.com

I can only say that they provide a good service at a good cost.

View more comments (1)
ID
Glasgow, Scotland
Loss

Travelehome rip off company-takes your $$ does nothing, don't invest a dime with them!

I own several vacation rentals and got a call from Jason at Travelehome. I signed up 6 homes and paid $600 over 5 months ago and have not gotten ONE inquiry. Then the "staff" of Travelehome attempts to sell you web design and gives your phone # to many other solicitors so you get many unwanted phone calls. DON'T sign up with travelehome. It's a waste. they are a rip off. I can't get my money back. Their travelehome site is restrictive, gradeschool compared to other sites. Even Flipkey, vacationhomerentals.com and vacationrentals.com are better and cheaper.

We signed with them nearly a year ago and have not received 1 enquiry. We do really well through FlipKey, so it's not the calibre of our properties. These guys are a rip off; don't waste your money.

I usually discover grand things here. Recently went on vacation to Hawaii and got (what my husband and I attention) was a very light deal.

Well this company provides good and cheap service. So, Why you guyz said this company is rip-off.

I got many many phone calls from travelhome, I did my research and found out they are not going to be any use to me, so I did not go ahead with them.They promise you for advertising not for bookings.I have spend money with other international webiste where you do not get even one inquiry a year and your money is gone.I suppose that is how advertising game is...!

Well As a Vacation home Owner,

Who Advertises on Travelehome.com

I can only say that they provide a good service at a good cost.

I do think that a lot of people who Advertise on the sited are More C/o based, And i feel it was set up Initially for individuals . not Estate agents or Relaters . to make Big money .

which i think they dont, as people are wise to them.

I try my best as a home owner to make peoples Vacation a happy 1.

As i trust people enough to take care, and if the Odd thing gets broken Well thats ok with me ..

#520646

I do not know how these guys are working,but they are working wonderful.I have got 3 bookings in 2 weeks..Thank you travelehome guys..keep the same good work.Hopefully i will be getting the same response in coming month...i will recommend you to my property owners friends...good luck...

Well As a Vacation home Owner,Who Advertises on Travelehome.com. I can only say that they provide a good service at a good cost.

Well I just saw the above reviews but I have my property listed with travelehome.com and I have had 2 long stay bookings from this website last year. I signed up for the package worth 179 USD/yr.

I think bookings depend on various factors like price charged by the property owner, location, season etc.

I am pretty much happy with the response I got from this website.

Might even consider a renewal this year, well i have all reasons to do so.

Goodluck!!

This company is definitely a RIP-OFF. I'm pretty good at detecting the bad ones but this one got me for 4 properties.

Do your research and follow the Vacation Rental experts advise on who the best vacation rental sites are.

Stick with VHR, VRBO, Homeaway, Flipkey, VacationRental411. These have all paid for themselves for me

We went for our honeymoon to Venice and found our perfect holiday home from this website. Reasonable price and a very polite and cooperative property owner !

xx

Thnx!

I think its a good site because i just had a vacation in croatia and the owner was very nice to me i didn't know about vacation home so i called there customer care service center where they helped me out so for me experience been great..

View more comments (18)
ID
Hilo, Hawaii

Travel Agencies Expert Talks

Travel Tips: Airbnb VS Traditional Renting

Oct 30, 2020

Is it safe to rent from local vacation rental owners? What are the pros and cons of Airbnb and VRBO? Mary Branum, a vacation rentals expert, shares her tips on how to look for places to stay, what are the best vacation rentals websites, how to avoid scams during bookings, and what to do if you face some issues.

Read full article
Mary Branum
Mary Branum

Mary Branum is a vacation rental expert, owner of Galveston Island and President of STROAG.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article