Worst company ever!

Transworld Vanlines Net - Worst company ever!
The movers picked everything up on Friday, then AFTER everything was loaded, they told me it would be over Double the original quote. We were sent a BINDING moving estimate of $3000.00 only to be told after everything was loaded on the truck that we owed a total of over $7000.00!!! We don't have that kind of money. Now we are fighting with them because of the binding estimate, which is supposed to mean the price cannot go up or down. My husband and I are scared we will never see our stuff unless we pay them. I got an email from "Jenny" with an apology that the sales rep was 'untruthful' with us and offering us a 'discount' of $1200.00. That's not going to help because we only budgeted for a little over the original quote. We are thinking of trying to start a class action against this company! Anyone interested, let me know!
ID
Service
Transworld Vanlines Net Moving Service
Cons
  • Overcharges
  • Customer service
  • Price
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Transworld Van Lines Englewood CO - Nightmare

I have a very bad experience with Transworld Van Lines Englewood CO based booking. They don't keep up their time. They are supposed to call the customer and tell 24 hrs in advance. Despite reminding them every day over phone and mail, they did not turn up on the day of move, neither they responded to my email. I am having all the correspondence and evidence for future legal action. All my plans went awry. Despite charging heavily for moving , I had to cancel my trip as they did not turn up on time to pick my goods. SO I lost my flight charges . I have to shell couple more hundreds for over staying at the apartment. I am going to share my experience in all the social channels from the day of booking and till they deliver. Stay tuned. Details: From Denver to Houston Goods: 12 boxes, 1 TV a futon, queen bed and box and railings, one stool, one TV stand. 1 iron box, 1 suitcase They charged $2000 I will share the booking agent name, phone and other staff who handled the service in detail in my next review comment

I also had similar issues. I had been referred by moving.com, so after trans world didn't show up for the move or answer calls/email etc, moving.com helped me get my deposit refunded.

Moving.com's contact was mike.

His phone #is 484-894-****. These are horrible people who should go to jail

@PissedConsumer1366045

Regarding my note above, mike is with transworld. He may be the "owner".

He was trying to get moving.com to give him business (transworld pays moving.com for referrals). So moving .com pressured mike to give me my deposit back.

I got most of it back but they withheld about 10% fee which is ridiculous. I told moving.com that I would go after them if I find out they start doing business with transworld again, and I filed a fraud claim with DOT and also a complaint with BBB

@PissedConsumer1366045

Was this Mike an employee there? I called him and he said he used to work there and was going to try to help me but he is located in Fl and because of the weather it would be a while. Please help!

@PissedConsumer1367807

They make all kinds of excuses so I would be suspicious. Mike is the person who moving.com contacted to push for my refund, of which I finally received partial refund.

The owners name is Michael so it's possible he is one and the same. I suspect he is saying he used to work there as a ploy.

Same issues that all of you are having. Finally got my items but not before paying way more than was originally quoted.

They even loaded the truck with my items and then made us sign more forms stating we were over and would be charged and waived our original insurance. Complete scam of a company. Upon delivery the brokered movers would not even reassemble our furniture as they stated the contract was not with the company who delivered so they didnt have to abide by it.

Unbelievable. Filing complaint with Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration but dont think there is any help for us all.

@PissedConsumer1364283

Hi Josh. Do you have any contact numbers for me?

This company is horrible and we trusted them with one of our employees moves, and it has been weeks and we still do not have his items. Please help!

Looking to setup a meeting with the United States attorney. My attorney and I are documenting Transworld abuses with the intent to demonstrate RICO pattern which will allow for jail time for the owners. Please respond to this comment with contavt info if your interested in seeing justice.

@PissedConsumer1360640

I'm having the same issues with Transworld and they very rarely take my call (maybe 1 out a hundred times I call). Most of the time I get hung up on.

They still have our stuff and I really want to pay another company to finish the job myself but they won't tell me what warehouse it is in. My wife is working on the legal side of things but was curious if you've had any luck with any tactics. Any advice would be great. My name is Jake Stroot

jakestroot@***.com.

Cell 828.719.9909

Have you filed an official complaint with the AMSA (American moving and storage Association) or the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration?

Thanks for any help. Maybe it would be good to utilize the AMSA attornies as a group claim instead of as individuals?

@PissedConsumer1360871

I had a similar experience. Give your attorney mike at transworld #-484-894-****

@PissedConsumer1360640

Please see above. Horrible experience with bait and switch tactics. Highly illegal activity from start to finish

View more comments (16)
ID
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article