Very very very BAD SERVICE DO NOT EVER USE!!!!!!!

You will not get any help no human person to talk to been trying for days to talk to someone for them to finish there delivery delivery been sitting at there warehouse for days no updates no answers bad

User's recommendation: Under no circumstances use this company.

Unsure how to even respond ~ We build and ship transmissions all over the world ~ Unfortunately we can not help if the trucking companies run into delays. We have live support on our wesbite and are ALWAYS available Mon - Fri 8-5 and Saturdays 9-2.

Unsure if this review is even for us as we have a pretty good turn around time. It is a shame review was left about "delivery" issue ~ Maybe wrong company?

Prairieville, Louisiana
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Poor product and customer service

The AOD transmission I purchased from Transmission Depot was bad from the get go. It was packaged poorly and had shipping damage upon arrival. Upon installation and set up the transmission could not reach their required pressure points and I had to install a stronger return spring to get the kickdown to fully return. Their response to the presuure was literally "it is close enough" even though their warranty packet REQUIRED these pressures be accurate or the warranty would be voided. Next it would hang up at times shifting and they wanted me to shift into park to rattle the park pawl. Although I know this is an old trick of the trade it is something you should not have to do with a brand new transmission. Finally the transmission is leaking and they will not repair it as they say it is part of basic maintenenace, The customer service does not return phone calls and simply does not care. I am a car restoration expert and a service manager at a auto dealer. I would highly recommend avoiding a purchase from the Transmission Depot.

User's recommendation: Avoid the Transmission Depot purchases.

Pressure issues were all resolved ~ (Order is actually from 2019) ~ Customer called about pan gasket leaking in Dec and we never shipped a replacement pan gasket ~ That is last noted issues .... Our apologies for not shipping one as we are always willing to work with our customers even when out of warranty.

Salem, Oregon

Bad service

These people send me a junk transmission that I have now send back three times..it left me stranded on the side of the road not once..but twice...you will be out hundreds of dollars buying transmission fluid.. getting towed..ect..these people are crooks and scam artists.. better avoid at all cost!

User's recommendation: *** no.

Kemp, Texas
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Fraudulent sales of upgraded transmissions

Transmission Depot - Fraudulent sales of upgraded transmissions
Transmission Depot - Fraudulent sales of upgraded transmissions
Update by user Apr 10, 2020

The owner choose to send a new transmission built to standards as agreed.

Original review posted by user Apr 09, 2020
A Stage 2 4l80e was purchased and failed after 1000 miles. After having, it disassembled by another shop it was discovered to be a completely stock 4l80e. No upgraded parts that are advertised on their website or that they charge extra for are in the trans. When asking them about it and sending pictures they blame it on old employees and offer no support. Pictures show stock clutches not Kolene and stock GM servo not billet.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase from Transmission Depot in Hudson, FL.

Issue Was 100% resolved

This customer, and the claims have 100% been addressed and resolved. We stand behind our products and our service 100%.

View more comments (1)
Resolved
ID
Cons
  • Fraud
  • Terrible service
  • False advertisement
Preferred solution
Either a refund or pay for other shop to build transmission correctly as sold.

E40d stage 1

Bought E40d transmission from trans depot installed it after replacing cooler and lines filled up trans fluid test drive was very disappointing it shifted like a 100 thousand mile power glide tried to find out what shift kit was installed couldn’t get a answer so I dropped the pan and removed the accumulater body it was full of clutch met it only had factory springs in it so took it apart and cleaned it and installed sure cure springs it shifts better so it had no shift kit installed. I will be pulling this trans out and going thru it to find out what I got I’m thinking all they did was buy a used trans from the junk yard cleaned it installed new filter painted it rattle can flat black and shipped it to me I’m going to go thru it and see what is in it said it had all updates installed I’ll find out it will be documented as I go will let you know my findings

I like transmission depot I don't know if what people say is true because I haven't got my transmission off layaway yet but I do hope that they are a real company because I called today to talk to Daniel around lunch time but he wasn't there so the man I was talking to helped me I tried to put 100 dollars on my transmission I gave him my new bank card information and all he told me that he was taking it to someone to get it done but when I checked my account the money had not been taken out I know a lot going on in the world right now but a real professional handle business when it's about money for your company but I still like them because they the closest place to me that lets you put a transmission on layaway so God bless everyone and ain't no one perfect but God anything man makes can always be a mess up because a man and God are loved ones but most of all we are covered by God blood not man

@PissedConsumer1841369

Weird review - Not sure how to respond to this one Antonio ~

#1992440
@PissedConsumer1841369

If this is the same company in florida then they are real. I bought a 200r4 from them back I think in 2015

9/9/19 - It is unfortunate that you are having an issue with our transmission. Please provide us with any photos that are taken so that we may address these issues and concerns as well.

We would like the opportunity to know the order number associated with this please. Thank you

View more comments (3)
Not as described/ advertised

Excellent service and transmission

No issues here, put my new transmission in mid April and love it, transmission depot did a phenomenal job, only time any ever leaves reviews is when a problem occurs and normally it’s on the customer not the shop, would highly recommend these guys, when you guys get something built from them let’s take the time and recognize these guys and not down them when you customers screw up on your side Excellent work transmission depot! A++++

Response to Anonymous: If you have an issue with a transmission you purchased from us, please contact us immediately. Every transmission is built to order.

Our transmissions are warrantied for 2yrs (Excludes Performance Transmissions) should any issues arrise.

We offer technical support for minor issues that can come along with installing ANY automotive product, we are here to help. We always try to work with our customer if/when issues arise.

I've read most of the reviews and the customer has nothing to do with this company sending out transmissions that haven't even been rebuilt. I just started my project truck for the first time and the transmission.

I bought from them leaked all over and sounded like a bucket of bolts were dropped in it before they sealed it up. I'm super pissed and shame on me for not reading the reviews on this company before throwing my money away.

@PissedConsumer1726288

Really? What would the name and order number be for this please ?

Thank you for taking the time. We appreciate the honest review!

Thank you so much for your business! Please call us if you ever need anything!

View more comments (3)
Canton, Michigan
Update by user Feb 25, 2019

I'll try it and see if it fixes your transmission problem, thanks for wasting my time and 1200+300 shipping

Update by user Feb 25, 2019

Transmission still leaks and does not shift right, governor is a 5 minute job once you remove the exhaust and pulled the drive shaft you Fing scam artist.

Original review posted by user Oct 05, 2018
Call...
#2067015

FIRST ~ We offered to assist anyway we could. You spent an hour on the phone with manager and builder.

We asked direct questions, you replied with avoiding any questions we asked. You could not give us a direct answer to any direct question. We asked you to perform a cooler flow check and thats where everything went down hill. Your complaints were all over the place.

After an hour, I advised you to pull out, we would pick up and go through. We DID NOT mention anything about shipping charges. While we spend the hour on the phone, we DID discuss valve body..However we would need some pressure test done to rule out a few things. We decided we will just pick up.

You spoke to shipping dept. who was ready to issue the pick up, again....No one discussed any shipping charge ........ Next day you called in, decided to cancel pick up and just take it locally ....... OK Fine ~ Thats your call as a consumer.

What more can we do, other than offer to pick it up and go through it? Standing Behind Our Product! Since you made that decision, you know it will void your warranty. So now you want to jump online and be an internet basher ~ Because what you are doing is unfair and inaccurate.

You want to discuss valvebody? Converter?

We are happy to continue and open line of communication. But this right here is childish and internet bullying at its finest ~ sales@transdepot.net

View more comments
Alexandria, Virginia
Poor customer service
They will do nothing.

You should know about transmission depot.

You should know about this company. They send you a "warranty" and force you to sign it and return it within one week. If there is a problem you pay for everything except maybe repairs in their shop. And that is at their "sole discretion" and " absolutely no refunds". If you take it somewhere else you void the warranty no matter who's at fault. You pay shipping both ways, well over $600 in my case. If you are alright with this go ahead. First time out, no third or fourth gears, there are score marks on the outside of the servo like someone forced it with a pipe wrench. I don't know if this is related. They say all transmissions are "thoroughly tested" but there wasn't residual fluid so I don't get how the pumps, valves, etc could have been shown to work with out filling it up. I don't work on AT internals but I've installed a few successfully and there weren't any issues on my end. One more thing, no big deal just sloppy, the bell housing doesn't have the right female threaded holes to fit my torque converter cover. I'm a working guy, out 1200-**** bucks and a lot of work, spending $600 more and weeks of downtime on my truck doesn't seem worth the risk. I bought a transmission elsewhere, works great, so I'm positive the problem was theirs.

ONCE AGAIN ~ We would need the name/order number for this. You want someone to assist you and assist correctly?

If you bought a stage 2 then it would come with different governor set up and if you don't like it you can change it. Furthermore, the governor is accessible within 5 mins by removing the tail cones 4 bolts.

Again, I would need the order number to properly assist you. It seems we are getting no where, and this is no fault of ours ~ Best of luck with everything ~ When you decide to provide more details to this order, than we may be able to offer further assistance ~

I have asked you the name and order number so I can pull the paperwork, check build and check any tech support notes. How can we assist if we do not have any information.

How do we know you are not some competitors making false allegations to try and harm our reputation?

We have asked over and over in private messages for the name and order number, and you have continuously refused. Please contact us @ 727-868-9462 and speak with the manager.

To Whom This May Concern,I wish we had a name to associate this claim to. We try extremely hard to resolve any issues or complaints our customers may have.

We also have detailed notes that address each and every issue. Unfortunately we do not know who this customer is to have a better rebuttal.All transmissions carry a 2yr warranty.

#1581910
@TransmissionDepotInc

Transmission Depot tried extremely hard to resolve any issues or complaints I had by endless suggestion on how I could fix there transmission problems using my time and using my money.

#1581945
@PissedConsumer1581910

False Statement PassionateOkapi ~ You open a pissedconsumer but do not want to resolve the issue and make false claims that want you to have repaired locally. This is not our policy. FALSE ALLEGATIONS

@TransmissionDepotInc

Ok Transmission Depot how do you propose to solve my issue? I'm not local, you say I need to install a stock governor in your transmission because you installed a heavy duty governor that is causing your transmission to shift incorrectly. Solve my issue.

View more comments (5)
Hudson, Florida
Product
Transmission Depot Warranty
Pros
  • Warranty
  • Trans depot customer service
Poor customer service
$1900

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article