Aiman S Tkm

| map-marker Kota Bharu, Kelantan

Bad services & Repair

I made a booking reservation on Thursday, 4 July 2024 at 3.32pm, for a service appointment on 6 July 2024 at 11am. However, upon arrival, I was informed by the service advisor that I would need to postpone or cancel my service due to a lack of manpower and they did not inform me at the first place.

They just informed me when I arrived. This situation was highly inconvenient and frustrating, as I had traveled two hours to get to the service center, wasting both my time and money.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do contact the centre first before you departure.

Maira T Uqk

| map-marker Taiping, Perak

Urgent Matter: Toyota Yaris AJL9898 Faulty

Toyota Malaysia - Urgent Matter: Toyota Yaris AJL9898 Faulty
Toyota Malaysia - Urgent Matter: Toyota Yaris AJL9898 Faulty - Image 2
Updated by user Apr 16, 2024

The same problem kept recurring despite service centre's inspection

Original review Apr 16, 2024
Hi Toyota Customer Support,
I am writing to express my deep concern regarding the recent issues I've encountered with my car. Please find car details below for your reference;

Toyota Yaris model, purchased in 2021.
2. Vehicle registration: AJL9898
Previously, my mother (Datin Aznum Abd Rahman) has lodged a complaint in August 2023 regarding few incidents of the car couldn't be started and constantly experiencing system malfunction. The recent experience with the vehicle has left me greatly disappointed.
These issues have not only compromised the driving experience but also raised serious concerns about the safety and reliability of my vehicle. I noticed that there were noises coming from the tyre as well upon turning the steering wheel.
I would like to bring to your attention that this vehicle has never been in a major accident for the condition to deteriorate and it was purchased in 2021 (still under warranty).

Despite the car being kept in a good condition, a permanent solution remains elusive.
Today, 16/04/2024, the car suddenly couldn't be started again. Nothing was left open hence the car being unable to start for no reason really disappoint me and affects my daily routine.

I understand that occasional mechanical issues are inevitable in any complex machinery, but the severity and persistence of these problems suggest underlying manufacturing or design defects that warrant immediate attention.
As such, I urge you to take prompt and decisive action to rectify the situation and restore my confidence in Toyota product. Please acknowledge receipt of this complaint at your earliest convenience and provide a contact person whom I can communicate with regarding updates on the resolution process.
Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to a swift and satisfactory resolution
Regards,
Maira Ton Zalani
Loss:
Pros:
  • City car
  • Easy to maneuver
Cons:
  • Faulty car
  • Constant breakdown and system malfunction

map-marker Paramaribo, Distrikt Paramaribo

Technical support

Dear sir / madam,

I have a toyota hilux vigo d4d 3.0 automatic 2009

And need some info about engine contorle unit (ecu)

Some thief stole my engine controlevox ( ecu)

I want to buy one but do not now the ecu nr box

My request is could you check for whta the ecu nr box is that belong to vehicle

Vin nr.AHTFZ29G10903****

I hope you can help me

Looking forward for your reply

With kindley regards,

Singh

Irwan H Jfc

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Chukai, Trengganu

Bad services & repair - repeating malfunction infotainment system

Toyota Malaysia - Bad services & repair - repeating malfunction infotainment system

Customer grievance on Veloz infotainment malfunction - black screen, no reverse camera. long journey - have to travel 70km return trip from Kerteh - Kemaman x 3 times (210km) Long hours waiting > 4hours at service centre.

18/5 - check and order new set.

2. 29/6 - install new set after 1month plus waiting & weekly follow up.

screen went black again after 3 days

3. 14/7 - sent car back to Service Centre Toyota Kemaman.

Loss:

Preferred solution: RM50 petrol voucher for every visit for same issue (infotainment malfunction)

User's recommendation: don’t buy veloz with malfunction infotainment system

PadmaPriya P Vem

| map-marker Cheras, Selangor

Multiple issue with new Toyota Innova Zenix

I purchased an Innova Zenix on 15th March 2024. I noticed so many malfunctions in the car.

I did raise this in my Toyota Customer Satisfaction call as part of purchasing a new car. They told me to deal with the service center to fix the issue. In the past 3 months, I have been going up and down to the service center more than 5 times (excluding service). A countless number of calls were made to chase but until now, the issues have not been attempted to be resolved.

I managed to get a Technician to check the issue on the 6th June.

He raised reports on 4 different issues. Separately, I have also submitted video evidence on the issues as well. The technician requested to leave the car for 2 to 3 days to inspect/fix the car. I have requested the sales OIC to arrange a car since I sold my old car.

Since I bought a brand new car I expected to be worry-free. But the experience is worse than purchasing a second-hand car.

Is it difficult for the Car company to arrange a car since the issue is with your own product? It has been almost 2 weeks now post-inspection but there is no update from service OIC. So many excuses have been given.

The service OIC has not responded to my call despite multiple chasers. There has been no response or call back.

Do you have any SLA? What is your turnaround time to fix the issue if a customer complains?

Issues:

1) Major Ignition Error - I shared about 4 videos (different occurrences) as evidence

2) Gear Drop - When moving foot from accelerator to brake the gear drop is very obvious (like jacking a Manual car). Very bad!

3) Suddenly, for 2 days the passenger seat belt alarm was not functioning.

Even though the car was driven at 30kmh, the seat belt alarm was not enabled at all. I submitted video evidence and it also persists during a test drive with a technician.

4) The car's Air conditioning button cracked and the Air conditioning screen panel is scratched - I noticed the issue 2/3 days after sending the car for the 1st service, 2 weeks after purchasing the car. I immediately highlighted this to the sales agent and the sales agent's response was disheartening. The agent suggested it could be due to an external car wash.

In 2 weeks + 1 car wash could the car screen have been damaged and the button cracked? It is not possible and does not make sense. Does this show the quality of the product given by Toyota?

I do not expect these many issues from a brand new Car. This is very unfortunate and extremely disappointing.

UNACCEPTABLE. I FEEL SCAMMED by TOYOTA. Now, I am doubtful if this is a new car or if some old defective car was fixed and sold to me.

I must mention about the Sales agent - she is an underperforming agent (Baizura - Toyota Balakong). She is not supportive at all.

I would rate her 0. My concern was not acted upon and was ignored by her. Does Toyota not practice after-sales service in your policy? Because there are NO monetary benefits, do you not care about your customer?

The agent had no time to explain to the customer when a query was raised (on DVR) and I received a PDF as an answer. This was RUDE!!!. I had to go through the entire file and yet my questions were not answered. HOPELESS!!!.

I suggest Toyota develop chatbots that provide even better answers than humans who behave worse than machines (no common sense).

I appreciate if someone from Toyota Malaysia calls me regarding this and otherwise, I have no choice but to escalate it to a higher level. FRUSTRATED!!!

Regards,

Padma Priya Permalu

Preferred solution: Fix the Issue

map-marker Johor Bahru, Johor

Suspension maufacturer defect

Updated by user Jun 09, 2024

I received a computer generated response. I am talking to a robot.

Original review Jun 04, 2024
I bought a brand new Fortuner 2.8 recently in March this year. The reason i chose Toyota is obvious.

Reliability, Quality of build, performance and good warranty. We used this car for a family trip to Tioman island which required us to drive from our home in Johor Bahru to Endao to take our ferry service to the Island resort. While driving along the Kota Tinggi road, my wife complained that the car has a very bad understeer issue. It keeps swaying to the lane of the on coming traffic.

It occurs even when she drove extremely slowly to engage the turns. Adding to this very frightening issue, the car head light was badly set, it was too low , illuminating only the immediate 2 meters of the car. We travelled early before day break to catch the ferry at 8 am. This made the driving experience for my family in the Fortuner very traumatic.

I was driving another car well ahead of them and tried to called to enquire, the blue tooth was bad and they can't hear me, adding to their distress. We try to leave the experience behind and went for our family vacation. On the trip back the same problem prevailed, compounding the problem, the suspension seems too weak to handle the weight of the car, bouncing many time uncontrollably, causing my granddaughter and the passengers behind to suffer severe car sickness. This is highly unusual as we had often gone on holiday, even as far as Penang and as difficult as to Cameron highland.
I took the car to the dealer to check.

I also complained about the hand free blue tooth, the party on the other side just can't hear me.
Following are the assessments and reparations made..
1) blue tooth problem:- they found pastic sticker covering the handfree speaker, so they need to reset it to make it work properly.
2) Head light- They adjusted it so that we can see further in night driving. I am shocked and disappointed, these issue should not have passed quality control before delivery.
3) Suspension- no apparant fault, adjustment was made to the alignment as claimed by the dealer to reduce the understeer problem. I asked is there a need for me to upgrade the suspension to get better drive quality. I was told if i do it, i will loose warranty for the parts i changed and for the parts that will be affected by the change.
As the drive quality did not improve, and i value the safety of my family, i went ahead with the upgrade and spend another 10k on it.

Drive quality improved significantly. I am happy. But what shocked me was with the stock spring that was replaced. The front suspension spring fixture is not of equal height.

The suspension at drive side is a good 3 inches higher then the passenger side. This would explain why the car keep understeering when my wife engaged left cornering, forcing the car to the opposite lane. It is a scary revelation and put a very big question mark on Toyota build quality.

The car didn't come cheap, but i am afraid i might have invested in a poorly built time bomb. A lemon Jeremiah
Michelle Y Frg

| map-marker Cyberjaya, Selangor

UNRESOLVED RATTLING SOUND IN THE LEFT FRONT PASSENGER DOOR

I want to feedback to you regarding the Meranti Jaya Unihub Service centre.

I have sent in my car TWICE regarding a rattling sound in the front passenger door at the adjustable selt belt bracket mounting.

TWICE also highlighted the same issue, and yet it was returned to me (after many hours) UNRESOLVED. I do not know what is stated in that jobsheet (paperwork), neither do I know what HAD REALLY BEEN DONE in the 'checking' claimed to be done.

BUT the sound is still there.

I am really upset, because case closed, but actually it is not.

Next thing is the LOOONGGG WAIT...

TWICE!!

Problem not solved.

1ST TIME was during my 20,000km service.

2ND TIME was 4/6/2024

Next is, I have to send video or do sound recording only I can prove there is sound?

When they test my car for so many hours? tak ada bunyi?? They are the experts, they should know better than I do.

If it's their car, can they accept rattling noises when they drive on the road?

It's pretty strange that they can just pass that and accept subpar standards.

Also, one more thing. my last service, due at 30000km done with Lucas, I have told him that there was a nail stuck in my LEFT rear tire.

They did balancing and alignment.

BUT THE NAIL WAS STILL THERE.

I purposely went for service before due, because I needed to go outstation the next week after servicing.

That nail was with me the whole week, until I released tire pressure drop, and now it's in my FRONT tire at the driver side.

When they did balancing, they simply just switched the left rear tire to driver side, without thoroughly checking.

Besides, I HAVE ALREADY HIGHLIGHTED the nail issue!!

Work done there at this service centre, is questionable.

Is it according to SOP? or just cincai want to get job done only?

Preferred solution: A quick delivery of solution to my matter raised.

tan p Kbo

Verified Reviewer

High oil consumption (SWA3686 TOYOTA HILUX)

Hi, I'm Mr. Tan from Kuching, Sarawak.

Regarding my Toyota Hilux (SWA3686), it's experiencing high oil consumption. I've sent my car to service at UMW Toyota Motor Sdn. Bhd. on Jalan Pending since the early months of this year and have wasted a lot of time trying to resolve this issue.

After three months of servicing, the car still has the same problem. Every time I send it for service, the problem persists and it's never resolved. I hope your esteemed company can provide a satisfactory explanation or resolve this issue ASAP. My car's warranty is valid until the end of the month - I don't want your company to delay resolution until the warranty expires.

I'm taking this matter very seriously and I only want to resolve the problem. Thanks.

Shahronizam N

| map-marker Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur

Ok noted

Good response by Toyota. Very quick response and good follow up by them.

Thanks. So I'm still send my car to Toyota service however my car more than 10 years.

Roslan R Zbf

| map-marker Petaling Jaya, Selangor

Ask why toyota need pending my claim warranty

Very sad, As an international company but has employees who cannot answer simple questions from customer

Loss:
Pros:
  • Japan tech
Cons:
  • Very bad dealer service

Jamilet Uom
map-marker Johor Bahru, Johor

Make complain

No one pick up the phone at all and only the online key in is available, my problem didn't resolve at all

Preferred solution: Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article