Switch and bait

Towns Of Chapel Hill - Switch and bait
I came in the leasing office on 7/28/2019 to get information on ending my lease for an emergency. My father was rushed to the hospital because his heart is failing. Candice (the person at the desk in the leasing office that day) said she would have to speak with the manager about the situation and contact us back. The next day Candice called my husband and I back and told us the rent would stay the same for the month of August and prorated for the month of September. We were super thankful and signed the notice of intent to move out. A couple days later I noticed the rent was increased by about $700. The leasing office then told me about the increase which was never mentioned in the notice we signed on 7/28/2019. I asked to speak with a manager the entire day and I never received a call from her. Her name is Felicia Gray. I believe they took advantage of my situation and it was bait and switch. They did not even put on the document I signed that there would be a change in rent. It was after signing I logged in to pay my rent and saw there was an increase.
ID
Plano, Texas
Service
Towns Of Chapel Hill Property Rental
Cons
  • Staff tells you different things
  • Time it takes for maintence to fix things in apartment
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
What we were told by the staff member in the leasing office

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article