Town and Country Taxi refuses service to disabled.

Update by user Sep 03, 2012

Since submitting this review, nothing has changed with this company. I do see them about town, but from many reports, many are still unable to get through to the company and get picked up for transport in the town.

I heard a rumor the manager had been fired and a new one put in place, but this turned out not to be true. Menomonie is putting in a bus service soon so some of the problem will be resolved.

I only hope it puts this company out of business. At least the disabled and the students at Stout will have some means of getting around town.

Original review posted by user Jul 26, 2012
Town and Country Taxi is based out of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, but also has a branch serving the Menomonie area. They are the only taxi company currently operating in the area, the other one having gone out of business last year. I am disabled and the DET bus only runs from 8AM until 4PM weekdays. There is no service on weekends. I like using a cab company, even though the fares are more expensive because it gives me a choice as to when I go shopping for groceries or prescription medications. However, for over two months, when I would call Town and Country Taxi, the phone would either not be ansered, be answered and sent to voicemail immediately with no return call after leaving a message, or I would be told by their dispatcher/driver I would be picked up within a certain amount of time. Repeatedly I was left waiting for over an hour for a cab to arrive and on calling to find out where they were, got no answer, not even voicemail. I contacted the owner of the company who assured me he would take care of this problem. In a second call to the owner, he assured me had "chewed the *** of all his Menomonie employees" and the situation would not happen again. It did. I was picked up, dropped off at Walmart, and left stranded for several hours, with groceries defrosting, after being assured I would be picked up at a certain time that day. This company is so incredibly ***, their local manager spends more time harassing the ex drivers of the out of business cab company, than he does in picking up his own fares. Recently he was witnessed screaming at a woman with a van full of young children, *** You B****!. This was in the downtown area of Menomonie in full view of pedestrians and other drivers. One would think to hire a more professional acting manager and drivers, yet this company seems to feel the customer does not matter, and public presence and reputation also do not matter. In talking to a great many UW students from foreign countries, they have all said Town and Country refuses them service, period. Several other disabled people I know have also said the same thing. The stupidity of this is, one of the drivers from the now out of business company, is now driving the very people Town and Country refused service to, doing what they cant to save up enough to become fully legal as a cab company. Yet, the manager of Town and Country, instead of encouraging his drivers to pick up fares, increase reliability of service and develop a first rate reputation, instead resorts to harassment of not only this one person, but those who use her to get where they need to go. After being lied to repeatedly, given lame excuses by the owner, and having seen and heard the harassment of driver and passengers, I'll never use this moronic company again, even if they pull their heads out of their backsides and resume a professional course of business. Their reputation is so bad, ugly comments have come from the food pantry staff who serve the low income families of this area, many of which use the cab company to get back home with their food supplies. I have heard disparaging remarks from patients at my doctor's office and the local hospital, as well as several other businesses in town. Compolaints have also been heard from bar owners and bartenders who have had customers left stranded, drunk, in their business, and then had the cab company manager bad mouth them publicly, later.
ID
Madison, Wisconsin

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article