Do not use Toombs Construction. Toombs is a crook and a con. He underbidded our job, then proceeded to ask for more and more money. Work that was done, wasnt done well and/or wasnt completed. We paid him more than we were quoted and ended up with an unfinished job and...
#2098304

In Regard to ***** *******'s complaint: I find this complaint to be ridiculous. First off, we never did walk the job.

The job was completed, inspected by the homeowner and a final payment was issued. In no way was there any corners cut. That's not how I do business. We did run into an issue though.

On the flooring, originally we had discussed tearing out all the tile throughout the downstairs and replacing with engineered hardwood. However, the homeowner decided to allow some of her friends and their dog to move into the home during the beginning stages of construction. I felt that having people living in the house while we we're tearing up the tile flooring along with grinding and sanding the floors which can leave the house very hazardous to ones' health with all the dust that's spreads throughout. Not to mention if these guests were to walk anywhere around the downstairs and were to get hurt by falling or stepping on sharp fragments of tile, I would feel responsible.

So, I came up with a plan to not tear out the tile, instead we would install engineered wood over the existing tile floor. The tile was in good shape, foundation was level throughout the house. That being said.. my flooring installer and myself felt comfortable installing wood over tile.

The homeowner and I agreed on this and change order was signed and money was credited back to her on the tear out cost which she then applied that credit in having more work done Not on the Original scope of work. It wasn't until 3-4 weeks later I get a call from her real estate agent telling me she's not happy and that she wants the tile removed and was never comfortable with doing wood over tile. I told the realtor that I had a signed change order and credited her money which she already used to have more work done so I don't what's going on or why she wouldn't communicate this to me before she signed a change order. So, the realtor decides to work out a deal with me to pay for the demolition of tiles which cost about $3k and as good person, I agreed to share half of the cost even though I didn't have to, I wanted to show that I care and I just wanted the homeowner to be happy.

That was apparently the corner I cut. She says that I blamed her for delays which is untrue. There were never any delays other than having to having to tear out the tile at the end of the project. We finished everything that was on the contract.

Also, we hooked up her appliances for free and she is complaining we left appliances not working. Everything was working except she needed a yellow flex gas line to hook up to the gas stove top which she didn't have. Simple attachment! I told her what she needed to get at Home Depot and I said I would install at no charge.

Now apparently she wants to complain about something we did at No Charge?? As for the master bathroom remodel, the homeowner had a designer come in and help her pick out materials such as tile, grout color, color of walls and new bathtub. They chose all the materials and after it was finished I never got one text or email stating anything about her not liking the finish out. I can show emails up in till the end of the project that states she was happy with the work.

Essentially, this homeowner didn't know how to communicate and let me know what she wanted which makes my job really hard. I am sorry that this lady is not happy and wants to complain and try and ruin my business. I think that is very unfair. I felt I did everything I could to try and make this lady happy but it's tough when you have a client that can't communicate what they want.

PLAIN N SIMPLE! I have emails that I have saved to show this lady is not being honest.

Just ask me and I’ll show you. **Readers can judge for themselves.

ID
Cons
  • Takes money and walks
  • Subpar work
Loss
Preferred solution
Never screw over another person again. An apology would be nice too
Do not trust Cory Toombs with your precious time and money. He cut corners on my project, accepted payment and did not complete work and walked off the job without completing the project. Work was unsupervised and he blamed every delay and problem on me. He treated me...
#2098305

PLAIN N SIMPLE! I also I have emails that I have saved to show that this lady is being dishonest.

Just ask me to see them. **Readers can judge for themselves.

ID
Flower Mound, Texas
Service
Toombs Construction Group Bathroom Remodeling
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article