Broadway Paving Scam

We were contacted out of the blue by a Michael Broadway, who claimed his company had a pre-ordered quantity of asphalt for a job which had been cancelled. He was looking for a customer to use the asphalt and said he would offer us a good deal. He was in a big hurry to get a decision and get the job done, and didn't answer questions in a forthright manner. When we calculated his price per square foot, it came out to $2.40, which is NOT a good deal compared with other paving work we have had done. We passed up the "good offer", but a word to the wise: BEWARE. I don't believe for one minute they have a cancelled job. They're just trying to scam people into thinking they're getting a deal.

Mr. Broadway came to my house after I called him to come take care of some mistakes he made on doing our driveway.

When my sister came out to complain about the job he got smart with her she told him to leave. He refused and my sister said she would call the police. His response to her was that if the cops would show up he would INSTRUCT the officer to escort my sister back into the house then get on his phone and call the CHIEF OF POLICE of NORTH HUNTINGDON (near where he lives), the Chief of Police there would get into a North Huntingdon Police car, cross over FIVE municipalities to get to our house and HAVE MY SISTER ARRESTED.

It was only when I threatened to expose him for being a crook did he get into his truck, curse at me and storm off.

Same thing happened to us in Indiana, PA. Against my advice(over the phone) my aunt fell for his doorstep pitch, and hired him to do our long driveway.

I think she paid him $1700.

He did a poor job and promised to come back to refinish. He never came back and stopped answering our phone calls.

Well the same thing happened to me, Mike Broadway showed up at my doorstep and said the exact same thing,he had leftover asphalt from a job he did right down the street and I could get a really good deal if I hurry because it might be gone soon.... so what is really going on? And this was last week which would be March so what is the truth here?

This complaint sounds fishy to me. First they claim it was Butler then it's Pittsburgh.

They say it happened at a time of year when pavers don't even lay asphalt. They say it was Mike, then someone claiming to be Mike. Then his brother. That they were contacted then that it was their manager who was contacted.

And the BEST PART is they say they don't have to prove the claim is true. Well, I guess if you are going to make a complaint based on false facts with no regard for the truth and hide behind the Internet without giving your name or company that sounds more like someone who is themselves unethical. I can understand why you won't give your name, if you did you would probably get sued for defamation. Someone submitted a bid for paving and you didn't go for the job - what were the other bids for the job at that time?

If you are comparing prices to work done in the past, do you realize prices change and types of work require different prices? This doesn't sound like a legit complaint. It sounds like a crazy person who has no regard for the truth and is wiling to make false statements with no regard about the effects they have on honest business people or maybe with a specific goal of slandering someone's reputation.

I call *** on the poster.

Mike Broadway is not a scam artist. He's a wana be Joe dirt and elvis impersonator, but no scam artist.

Michael broadway.....nice try. You just went to my friends and said i have left over material, i can do your driveway.

BUSTED ***. And your price was very high

People, get this straight: I don't have to prove anything. Someone claiming to be Michael Broadway came onto my property UNINVITED and tried to sell me something using dishonest methods.

Really, you're saying someone tried to impersonate him to scare up some business for him? Really?

So here's the deal: if anyone associated with Michael Broadway or his company ever contacts me or trespasses on my property again, I will call both the police and the Better Business Bureau. Got it?

Michael broadway is my father and untill you can

Prove my father or my uncle was the 1 that

Pulled this false scam then blame some1 else

We don't scam costumers we run a 100% honest

Business just like every other contractor in

Pgh so don't talk about a false scam if u can't

Prove anything. Thank you

I know Mike Broadway personally He has worked very hard at building a reputable business for years He would not throw all that hard work away for a scam. PLEASE GET NAMES AND INFORMATION STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU MAKE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST AN HONEST LOCAL BUSINESS MAN.

Correction: Mar. 21, not 31.

Next thing, you'll be trying to discredit my claim because of my typo on the date.

Still trying to figure out how all Michael Broadway's friends and relatives can claim to know what happened on MY property almost 3 months ago when none of them was there. ????????????

View more comments (23)
ID
Butler, Pennsylvania

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article