Joyce J Qmo
map-marker Dorchester, Massachusetts

Tomberlin cannot get an order filled properly and on time

We ordered a custom tomberlin before the summer started. It has never arrived as we head into the end of the summer. About three weeks ago one arrived from the company for me. It was a disaster: Wrong battery, wrong seat color, wrong wheels/ tires and then I was told that the upgraded battery I chose is not being properly backed by the warranty. I accepted the idea of a different battery and the order for my cart was resubmitted. Its been three weeks and yesterday I got a call that the dealer I ordered the cart from was invoiced for some carts but my promised cart was not one of them. I am so discouraged and after reading these horrible reviews I think I will need to cancel and be reimbursed . Im sick of waiting and being disappointed. I dont know how a company can stay in business with all the mistakes they are making! They couldnt even assemble a new cart according to chosen colors and wheels. Maybe it will be a blessing for me to get out of this contract.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: look for a different manufacturer of a street legal golf cart

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Hermosa Beach, California

Multiple defective parts.

Tomberlin Automotive Group - Multiple defective parts.
Tomberlin, and their dealers, are knowingly selling defective golf carts. In less than one year I have had the steering wheel replaced due to surface and rubber peeling, total replacement of steering mechanism due to loss of steering, support pole replacement due to factures, brake pad replacement, and turn signal/headlights/horn stalk replacement. Also, the battery charge level display has never been accurate. Tomberlin representatives will initially deny knowledge of the prevalency of these problems, but I have found out many owners have experienced these problems. Anyone aware of a class action lawsuit?

User's recommendation: Do not be fooled by the high-end look if these carts. They are riddled with defects, which Tomberlin and their dealers are very aware of.

Delisa Kim

My power steering just went out for a second time and my friends power steering went out for the first time. Both are E6 Emerge Ghosthawk 2022’s. This is BS.

map-marker Coral Springs, Florida

Constantly breaking down

Purchase 2020 tomberline emerge LE in November 2020. It is now April 2021 and it has broken down five times. I have went through four complete sets of tires and now the steering wheel turns but the front wheels dont move. (For the second time). I purchased from a dealer three hours away that doesnt have a mobile service. I have been dealing with the local dealer and theyre trying however this isnt their problem so I cant expect a lot from them. I am beyond frustrated at this point. These carts appear to be well built however in my opinion its the complete opposite.

User's recommendation: Go with a different brand

Guest

Our E6 has also had the steering rack broken twice... manufacturing failure.

Ahmad H Elg

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Orinda, California

Break downs

Since I bought this car nothing but troubles.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: This is not golf car!

map-marker Mexico, Missouri

Looking to buy a golfcart

based on the reviews will not consider buying this cart ad reviewsre

User's recommendation: read reviews

Robert L Zxf

Verified Reviewer

Poorly designed . Not a golf cart .

Hated this piece of *** from day 1 and told the dealer wanted money back and I would buy a ParCar from them . Told it was a special order , but the only thing special was the seat , which I offered to pay for . Was told they would get back to me with an offer , That was 2 weeks ago , as they do not return calls from people who complain . I was told by this Leesburg Fla. dealer that they were a Club Car dealer , for many years , up North . I would like to know the truth about them as I do not think they can even spell golf cart let alone have ever been in the business or any kind of business . Let me know their history if known .
Cons:
  • Shape and form
  • Poorly designed in every way

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: RUN , RUN , RUN . DO NOT BUY this THING .

map-marker Toney, Alabama

Don’t buy the Tomberlin cart

Just the same as all the other reviews. Its sad Sad
Kassia Yyx

This is not the cart so disappointed The dealer service in Orange County missed the service trip 2 times. They did not showed up without any notice The charger plug was melt down for over heating in the garage I can not unplug the socket so I cut the power line and connected hot wire' Lucky no fire...

The roof frame was broken I complained to the factory They said my 2 speaker was so heavy??? It is not the movie theater speakers So I hired the welder and paid $400.00 The steering hydraulic pressure is not stable it was lock several times so i turned power on and off few times I had a Club car for 20 years but not this problems Before you buy this cart please consider these matter specially dealer service

Leisha Rbv

Tomberlin Automotive Group Golf Cart Review

My 2009 Tomberlin E-Merge has been fine but you do have to make sure the on-board smart charger is tuned to the battery pack. When away for long periods I charge my pack then disconnect them. So far so good. Gotta love the way they look.
Reason of review:
Good quality
Teasha Tqg
map-marker Scottsdale, Arizona

Tomberlin Charger issues

We purchased a Tomberlin Golf Cart 2 years ago. We have had nothing but issues with the cart. Brake handle issues, lights issues, but the worst is the Battery and Charging issues. Tomberlin's owners manual states to keep the cart charging while not in use, even during the winter months when not in use. Well, out of the blue, during the winter, the batteries boiled over and I have the hole in my concrete floor to prove it. It turns out, Tomberlin knew about these issues 2 years ago, before we purchased our cart, but the dealer said nothing. There are 20 Tomberlin carts in our golf community, 18 have had the same type of charging and boil over issues. I sold my cart and will never buy another Tomerblin product. If you own one, good luck!
$2000
Robert L Zxf

Just bought a Tomberlin 2 months ago . It would be an injustice to call this thing a golf cart .

Worst piece of dog doo I have ever owned . Complained to the dealer on day one . Poorly designed all around . Why would you have non golfers , as apparently they did , design a golf cart .

Bought this thing for the soft ride as the dealer claimed best ride ever , but it is the worst ever . The Leesburg dealer and wife are not knowledgable about the thing and don't care if you are satisfied .If you have a complaint they will not talk to you . They will not last long as they sell a poor excuse for a cart and they have the wrong business morals . Must be their first time in business as they don't have a clue how to communicate with customers .

I could go on and on about this poorly designed thing .

The bottom line is to run away as fast as you can from these people and this thing they call a GOLF cart . Run .

Guest

We have had this same issue and Tomberlin is non responsive.

Guest

I have the same issues with my cart . Can someone help or am I out $7,500.

View more comments (2)
John V Toc
map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

Tomberlin Golf Carts, LSVs Kicked From BBB For A Reason

Totally non-responsive company ignores emails from dealers and consumers. No longer BBB accredited; tons of unresolved complaints at BBB website. Wish I had known that before buying their expensive, low-speed vehicle (LSV) on which the brakes failed after 31 miles. Not 310; not 3,100. 31! How safe is that?! Dealer picked up. Two-and-a-half MONTHS later Tomberlin still had not replied despite repeated and nice phone calls and emails. They were supposed to send a new brake master cylinder but they didn't. A dealer in California thought they might be going out of business. They should.
Guest

Tomberlin did suffer issues. Tomberlin assets have been puchased by Columbia ParCar.

Parts are now available. Production will begin in the near future. Tomberlin will rise to the occasion.

I have personally worked with them recently and things are looking up. There is a bright future with this aquisition!

Guest

Tomberlin didn't sell batteries with the cars in 2012...None, Never ,...not one. They'd begun their " Battery Select " program at the end of 2010.

You didn't get them from the manufacturer, you got them from your dealer. Your dealer was responsible for the batteries so he and he alone scammed you.

Guest

Tomberlin Settled each dispute with the BBB of which there were only a handful. They have been purchased by Columbia and are now manufacturing and supplying parts. As always they answer their phone.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1040661

Hey, Broli:

What planet are you communicating from? On this one they did have "tons" of disputes, not a "handful." They were disaccredited from the Better Business Bureau in part because they didn't always answer their phone.

Go write your sci-fi stuff on another website.

They were purchased by Columbia ParCars as they were going bankrupt, as they deservedly should have. Let's stick to the facts on this website.

Guest

Have a NEW 2012 Tomberlin Emerge 2 and it hasn't run correctly sinse new due to a battery problem,Tomberlin fails to replace batteries and the batteries that are in the car are a year older than the model year of car and are not even the same model of battery that should be in there.Dealer has been very patient with them but still dealer gets no assistance from Tomberlin. DON'T BUY A TOMBERLIN

View more comments (4)

E-commerce Talks

Art for Your Home Not Museums

Mar 7, 2022

David Afremov
David Afremov

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article