Buddy C Rqn
map-marker Concord, North Carolina

Difficulty getting refund

Came in a Sunday. Put down money to hold RV while we wait to hear from bank. A week later we still haven't heard anything. Now we are having a difficult time getting refund.
Cons:
  • Customer service

Duane L Brj

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Marion, North Carolina

Run and don't look back once they have your signature they could care less

The day we picked the camper up from Camping World in Marion, they had torn *** in the kitchen floor. They were supposed to order a new floor and install it when we came back through but when we brought it back, which was a 5 hour trip, they hadn’t ordered the floor just patched it. The first time I went to take a shower the shower wouldn’t drain so they hadn’t even tested it. I had to buy a sewer drain snake to unclog the drain. The third morning I got up, I had low power with only part of the camper working. After calling the warranty number I was given, he told me to buy a $100 battery charger. After 3 days still with nothing working, I called Marion Camper World and told them I was bringing it back because it wasn’t working, I didn’t want it. At that time, they allowed me to speak to one of the techs. He said to check the fuses in the inverter, he said that was a normal problem when the boys put the batteries in. My question was why was that not checked before we took possession of the camper and drove 5 hours and had to buy a battery charger. The first week of ownership was *** For almost a week the carbon monoxide malfunctioned. I had to return to Marion to Camping World to have it replaced which was a 5 hour trip each way. Next, it had a leak in the ceiling at the air conditioner. I had it caulked around the air conditioner hoping to stop the leak until I could get back to Marion Camping World. They said the caulking was the problem and I told them it was leaking before the caulking but they charged me $800 to remove the caulking and told me it was fixed. After 3 days, it was leaking worse than ever and damaged the trim and floor. After paying $850 for the camping spot, I had to load up and drive back to Marion Camping World. Also, when the camper was picked up from Marion Camping World the 36 foot electrical cord was missing. I had to make another 6 hour round trip, they replaced the cord with a 30 foot cord and said they didn’t make a 36 foot. At the time we bought it the salesman said it had a special 36 foot cord because of the placement of the outlet. When we returned it for the leak, the service tech said the end caps were faded real bad and they weren’t supposed to do that. They finally found a crack in the air conditioner housing. They wanted to argue about fixing both things and after calling Camping World Corporate we finally got the camper back after 17 weeks, at that time they started telling me it had a voltage drop but they couldn’t find it. We drove 6 hours and the landing gear stopped partially down. Nobody could tell me anything so I had to buy an electric drill and extension cord to manually retract the landing gear. The bump outs ran out part way and tripped the breakers, no one could tell me what that problem was. I also had to retract them with the drill manually. It was a 7 hour trip back to Marion Camping World, the tech tripped the breakers that I knew nothing about and again they said voltage drop. I asked them about the refrigerator freezing everything and their comment was I had 4 more years of warranty. Then it was a 7 hour trip back to the camper site and when I got back the landing gear still wouldn’t work so I had to put them down manually with the drill until I had time to go back to Marion Camping World. I drove 7 hours back to Marion Camping World to have the refrigerator and landing gear fixed. They kept it 7 weeks and adjusted the landing gear, they said there was nothing wrong with the refrigerator that they had put a bottle of water in it overnight and it didn’t freeze. They also said we still have a voltage drop problem but they couldn’t find it, to go buy new batteries. They did not repair any of the water damage. I drove 3 hours and set it up in the campground. When I opened the bump out, it had a screw under it that tore a 8 inch hole in the floor. We installed 2 new batteries. The refrigerator was still freezing everything and the water heater wasn’t working. We called Camping World at Charlotte and had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment. I asked them to fix the refrigerator and water heater. I had to pay twice to have it winterized for the same problem. After 3 weeks they said it was fixed, said nothing was wrong with the water heater. I drove 7 hours, set up in camping spot, the refrigerator and water heater still were not working. I had to drive 7 hours back to Charlotte Camping World and after 3 more weeks they say they will have the refrigerator fixed in a couple days and they are saying there still isn’t anything wrong with the water heater. So far I have lost $800 this time for the camping space while it was in the shop. I have contacted Camping World Corporate and Forest River with no results. After owning it for 32 months it has been in the shop 12 of those months. I feel like with all the problems we should be reimbursed for all the fuel and camper payments while we weren’t able to use it.
$20000

Preferred solution: They take the Camper back and i lose what i have invested and they have the camper back for their part

map-marker Concord, North Carolina

Complaint

Absolutely the worse buying experience ever. Bought a new Camper on 4/11/2020 should have just walked out but didn't. Got home Camper was missing parts including a Screen Room Also found several "fixes" also. Multiple attempts to have issues resolved have been to no avail. I highly recommend going somewhere else if customer service is important to you. Guess we would have been treated better if we were buying a new $400.000 motor home.

User's recommendation: Stay Away

Duane L Brj

Verified Reviewer

Run and do not look back

We bought a new 2017 Cedarcreek 42 foot fifth wheel from Tom Johnsons camping center in Marion North Carolina and from the third day We owned it We had issues that Camping World does not seem to care if its fixed or not its set in the shop for 10 months out of the 2 1/2 years for multiple times for different issues sense we owned it and every time I go back to get it something else breaks They have not fixed what I took it in for We bought the the extra five year warranty and its not worth nothing so Do not buy anything from Tom Johnsons camp center once they have your signature they could care less and Marcus Lemonis says if youre not happy hes not happy Ive contacted him three different times with out any results
Loss:
Cons:
  • Once you sign the paperwork your on your own
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Take it back and call us even

Ronnie C Pjm
map-marker Marion, North Carolina

Complaint with new 2019 Flagstaff Micro Lite

We purchased 2019 Flagstaff Micro Lite with a trade in of our rv which included a Recurve R3 hitch and towing package, and a wifi backup camera. We brought it home from storage to pack up for our vacation/trip today and made it approximately 1000 ft. In that length of travel the sway bar popped off the hitch 3 times and upon the 3rd time the motor for the camper jack froze and will not work. This was to be our 1st trip and we are having problems with the camper along with being stuck on the road. We called Tom Johnson Camping World in Marion, NC where we purchased it and got the runaround. We were not allowed to talk to the manager or anyone there to assist us. We feel we were sold a defective product that we cannot use or detach from the truck which my husband uses to go to work. So the camper jack, the Recurve R3 hitch malfunctions, and the wifi backup camera doesn't work. The dealership has left us in a lurk with no help in sight.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service
  • Service center
Damaged or defective

Guest

I don't understand how a new product dealer can decline involvement with your issue. Possibly it was stored for a period in excess of the "warranty" ?

Thin excuse. You are stuck 1000 ft from home ?

How far away is the dealer ? That sounds pretty crummy.

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1495017

Bought it a couple of weeks ago and dealer is 20 minutes away.

View more comments (1)
Mima Jpx
map-marker Marion, North Carolina

Poor quality service department and staff

Terrible customer service and disinterest in working on manufacture's approved warrantee items. It took four months and they had our camper for three. Purchased March 10, 2017; Model 216 RBS; Problem Date June 2, 2017 Shop Wk Order 16503 Service Rep Dale Duncan GM Bob White Head service employee: 1. was notified in beginning of June 2017 of manufacturer recall on lights; 2. also was given other items that broke and needed to be fixed under the warrantee; 3. one was a cable that came loose and could tear the tire; 4. This man, Dale Duncan, never told us to bring the Highland Ridge camper in to be inspected so he could request from Highland Ridge permission to fix under warrantee. Instead, he had us send him pictures of everything and then he went on vacation and never followed through. His co-worker knew nothing about the above and it wasn't until I called Highland Ridge did I learn it needed to go into Camping World. It was not ready until September 22, 2017 and even then the cable was not fixed and we had to wait while he pulled it back into the shop. Two weeks prior they told us it was ready and that same cable issue had not been corrected. They put the new one ordered for us into another camper. This entire time we were blown off and even after the general manager stepped in we received no satisfaction and were still treated with indifference. GM Bob White blamed corporate and the manufacturer but he was just as incompetent as his serviceman. Because of their incompetence we lost the spring and summer camping season and didn't get so much as an apology. The service repair people are poorly trained and we'll never buy from them again. This was our first new camper. We bought two used campers from them and there was a downward turn once Camping World bought Tom Johnson's. In addition, the open and closing of the sofa bed tore the end of the sofa. The manufacturer would not cover it so Bob White promised he would make good on it. He blamed Corporate for not letting him do anything about it. So, still after the original conversation with Bob White about the couch it was never fixed or replaced. Dale Duncan had been asked to find us the cost of the couch a month ago and never told me even though he was asked twice. Again, I must make it clear that Bob White said to my face he would make good on the couch and he did not. Once you leave the sales department and need service this place is the pits. What a disgrace.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Sales center staff
Cons:
  • Service center
Poor customer service

RVs, Motorhomes and Trailers Expert Talks

RV Travel During a Pandemic: Pros and Cons

Apr 30, 2021

Fox & Miles - full-time RV travelers talk about their experience of living in RV, share advice on how to choose the RV, plan the camping trip, give tips on how to shop while Rving and avoid common problems.

Read full article
Fox & Miles
Fox & Miles

Fox & Miles - RV experts and travelers who explore the US, chasing their dreams, and pursuing financial freedom.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article