Bate and switch is the name of their game

9/17/11 I have bought 9 cars in my lifetime all at dealerships.I have never been treated so badly as I was tonight by Antonio one of many floor managers and the next guy who came in after him. The car was priced 1400 under blue book but they had no intention of selling it to me. 2 days of wasting my time and getting my 17year old sons hopes up. I was told "This vehicle is a good marketing tool for us. We park it facing the curb and when customers come in we try to get them to buy a higher priced car, we don't really need to sell this car. It brings alot of customers in".After closing time we drove by to see what they did with the car only to see they hid it in the back. They took all my very personal info SS#, everything, yet Antonio didn't even let me make an offer. He told me sticker price or nothing, then said have a nice evening...not once, but 3 times. This was of course after he offered to find me a newer used car at a higher price. I asked to speak to someone in a higher position and he told me there was no one else there. Other employees had told me there was.I sat down with someone else and he said he was going to get me a price we could make a deal with. He went back to Antonio's area and came back and said no deals...sticker only...come back when I have enough money and maybe the car will still be there. The car was marked $7,999 a 2004 with 109,000 miles. I had $9,000 cash but with tax and their "fee's that are non-negotiable"(quote,unquote) I was told...no deal. They wanted $465.66 more and I was told they sell so many cars, they don't need to sell this one. What rotten, heartless, greedy people that work for "The Chopper", the multi millionaire. I was trying to surprise my son who I am sharing a car with. There is no school bus for my 3 kids in my area. I was trying to get a car this weekend before Monday and they were not only unwilling to budge from the sticker price,they were rude, greedy and a huge waste of my weekend.

ID
Seattle, Washington

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article