Don't ever take your car here!!!!!!

I got in a wreck and messed up my front end (bumper, hood, fenders, radiator, fan, headlights). Since my insurance doesn't cover my car, I had to deal with out of pocket expenses. Naturally, I was looking for the cheapest means to get my car fixed and through craigslist, I found these guys. They gave me the most reasonable cost so I decided to go for them. I payed $1477 in total for parts and labor and was given an estimated 2 weeks for time of repair. Every time I called asking about my car, he(or his wife) always had a story to tell. Finally he guaranteed me a date claiming he had just one part left. On the day I was supposed to pick my car up, he tells me all the parts were stolen. What?? The car was supposed to be painted too. So all this while, he had been lying to me and hadn't even started work on the car. I'm positive he spent my money on something else. Going through all the reviews, I see my experience is pretty much the same as others. Anyways I have decided to sue them; they can't keep taking advantage of people. I'm taking my car to a proper workshop to get it fixed. Just to let everyone know, it's been 2 months since they took my car.

That's not true . They had my car for over month BUT considering what had to be done both mechanically and body wise due to a accident it was well worth the wait! I didn't have to take it anywhere else and the quality was GREAT as well as the price!

Feeling sorry for you my friend! Some people are always there to take advantages of innocent customer.

You must sue them to give them a life time lesson.

As per my concern for repair of vehicles we should never be narrow minded to spent money. Preferring a reputed automobile center is always recommended, it may be little bit expensive but your vehicle would be in the safer side.

@Naheem

Feel sorry for the confusion

View more comments (2)
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Ripped Off by Mechanic in Lubbock TX

TnOs Cut Throat Automotive Repair, who advertises as a mobile mechanic in Lubbock, TX took my car, $30 to diagnose my problem, $180 upfront to pay for parts, and the rest of the balance upon my receiving my car back. I ended up having to pay to get my car out of the police impound after the mechanic was arrested while driving it. And the original problem I called him for was not fixed. Since he was in jail, his wife assured me I would receive receipts for the new parts and also the the old parts themselves, after she bailed her husband out of jail, which I gave her the money for because I actually naively believed her heartship story. But, they never showed up to give me the receipts, or parts they supposedly replaced, and they stopped answering my calls/texts. On top of it all, I still need to get my car repaired. They took me for a totall of $630 which is especially a lot to a single mom in a new town. Because I've known my share of difficult times, I continued to give them the benefit of the doubt through this whole ordeal, but the jokes was on me, because they took advantage of my trust.

Again I would assume miscommunication. I don't see some one doing such a good job for just one customer.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. We too were ripped off by this "mechanic". My son was in a hurry and was trying to save money, i.e., cut corners, and instead will have to pay again to have the car repaired correctly.

@PissedConsumer836910

I am very sorry to hear that. I wish there was a way to stop this guy from continuing to take advantage of people.

@PissedConsumer839428

Don't believe everything you hear. Everyone has their own experiences. I pray they never stop helping people like me!

@PissedConsumer836910

Wow..that's weird I recently had work done on my car by TnOs. After calling several different mobile mechanics he was the only one who showed up!

After the diagnostic not only did he tow my vehicle free he provided me with all proof of purchases and provided me with my old damaged parts. He also provides a warranty on his work. After I saw this posting I searched his company name and found this is the only bad posting for this company. Im thinking not everyone can be happy with everyones work but I was very very satisfied with TnOs Cut Throat.

There prices are excellent and there work is also.

I rate them 10 stars out of 10 and would recommend them!!

@PissedConsumer958473

I agree. I still and will continue to use them as they are the ONLY ONES in Lubbock Texas who are fair with prices and GREAT at what they do.

View more comments (5)
ID
Lubbock, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article