Verified Reviewer

Poor customer service

Won some items from a auction on January 18 2023 and I was told that one item was to costly to ship so the other items were to be shipped by a shipping company and I have tried on several occasions to find my item and when they will be shipped and today is February 3 and still no response from shipper yet l have now ask for a refund for not delivering my items and l just received a phone call from a shipping company and the told me that it would cost me 115 dollars to have it delivered but if they deliver it it would be 65.00 l feel l just got scammed so I recommend don't buy from this auction site because you will be waiting for a long time for delivery as well as they will not call you back or reply to your email.

User's recommendation: Don't buy their stuff.

Saint Thomas, Ontario
Cons
  • Delivery scam
Preferred solution
Full refund

Apology not accepted

I informed timewell as I was auctioning that my card got cannecelled bank card they said it was ok I won auction and they insisted I pay etrsnsfer I could not my card linked to my account.i told them new one was in mail. I offered cash at pickup certified chq they refused only etransfer . They then blocked me from thier site and messanger and said they would inform other bidding websites to block me from allowing me to bid . I saw many other complaints on them 8 offered to finish my transaction they would not allow me to . This was for a charity event surely they could have come to a resolution to let me pay really mean situation
Montreal, Quebec

Verified Reviewer

Buisness bullying

This buisness I have serious problems with they just threatened to ban me for all online auctions because I warned people about them they are pushy for u to etransfer. Won't accept certified chqs . Paypal or secured forms of payments etransfer from a buyer to seller is...

Karna, As I said in our discussions, I am sorry you had gone through a rough time since our auction. When you messaged originally, you stated that you did not have a credit card, I said you could register with your VISA DEBIT and pay via etransfer.

You agreed. On the last day of the sale, I messaged again and you agreed that you could etransfer. Then you said your card was locked and you could not etransfer until you got a new card - which is curious since online banking does not lock when a card is missing. I told you that we could wait until the pick up but we could not bring back items from a pick up without them being paid.

We are a small business with specific terms and conditions that you agreed to when you registered. You the stated your card would not be in until the 20th (which was 2 weeks after our sale closed). I told you that this was not acceptable and we cannot wait for payment. We asked you to call us MULTIPLE times (I have screenshots of all of our conversations) and you chose not to.

We attempted to work things out but we do NOT accept cheques or PayPal. Credit card or etransfer or cash ON THE PICK UP DAY are the only terms of payment as you were made very aware. Also you live in Ottawa and would not be able to pay via cash as you are not here. Three days after the pick up event, you stated you had a death in the family and would not be able to call, and while we are sympathetic to that, we simply cannot wait to be paid for items that were a week overdue from the last day of the auction.

I am sorry you feel like we are at fault here, and as I said, we are sympathetic to family problems, but we are a small business and this is a large invoice that we simply cannot take the chance that it would not be paid. Again, per the terms and conditions that you agree to when you register, if items are not picked up, they are considered abandoned - and you did not pick up or pay.

We have been in business for over 30 years, and are not a “scam” as you say - we just ask that people who buy things are able to pay for them in the required time frame. We do wish you luck with getting a new card and any family issues you are going through, and hope things work out.

View more comments
Ottawa, Ontario
Preferred solution
Apology

Tired of broken and missing parts

Every time I've bid and won an item there has been an issue...most often it's broken or there are important missing parts (more than a screw). Last time the part would have cost $70 to replace when I bid $65 for the item.

User's recommendation: Avoid.

I am sorry you are upset. All items purchased at liquidation auctions are returnable in 7 days.

We have a very open return policy if you call. Also we are very clear that all liquidation items are store returns and might not be complete which is why we offer the policy.

Saint Thomas, Ontario
Loss

Lied about valuable items gone missing