map-marker Florence, Alabama

I would rate this company O. A big zero. I was approached for a free month and if I wanted to try the membership I could fill out the paper work to continue. Well I did not fill out anything and the c

My review is about the car wash Tidal Wave. I was asked if I wanted to try the car wash for a month free and if I wanted it I could fill out the paper work.

I never filled out anything and I have been charged $23.97 every month for 4 months and did not realize that. My husband was paying the bills and when I looked at one and saw this. I was furious and the company only took off 1 month. This is not right.

It was not explained correctly and to beat it all it was the manager that did this. A man that came from Florida to open a new car wash. I guess he needed a lot of customers for his new car wash. Dont ever take this kind of thing.

When they offer you a free car wash as many times as you want to use it for a month BE WARE. Using my credit card to pay for 1 car wash. $12.00 they charged me & 23.97 each month and I did not even know it and they wont take it off. BE CAREFUL OF THESE DEALS.

Especially to do an elderly woman like this.

DONT GO TO THIS CAR WASH. BESIDES IT WAS SO STRONG it tore my rubber stripe on the top of my SUV.

User's recommendation: DONT GO TO TIDAL WAVE. auto spa

map-marker Kansas City, Kansas

Damages cars

Tidal Wave Auto Spa - Damages cars
Tidal Wave Auto Spa - Damages cars - Image 2

This location is extremely poorly managed. They are always out of towels and most of the vacuums don't have suction.

Not to mention the lack of response (or even empathy) when they damage cars.

The final nail in the coffin was that their car wash damaged my wheel. They promised to review the footage and contact me, but they haven't after two weeks. Judging by how well they keep the place staffed, and the instantly accusatory tone the manager used, I shouldn't be surprised.

If you go through their reviews, there's multiple people who mention damage to their cars. They certainly will say that it isn't their fault, but you can tell they do not take care to avoid simple things that would cause damage to cars.

For instance, when you are exiting the wash, look to the right side for the tire brush. The metal on there is extremely scraped and gouged. It's clear that this piece of machinery has malfunctioned often to damage wheels, such as the damage I received on mine.

Other area car washes are better maintained and with better prices and management. Go to Charley's where your monthly unlimited washes are $10 cheaper, the management and staff are responsive, and the technology used is made to avoid any potential accidental damage to your car such as a more modern conveyor belt that doesn't press against your tires.

Edit: I reached out to them and the number they gave was a national hotline.

The person immediately began asking me for information and until I asked she didnt let me know that she cant do anything. Its been almost another week and still no contact or callback.

map-marker Jonesboro, Arkansas

Don't give this business your financial information!! Long ,stupid story....I was charged over 600 dollars in one month for membership fees!

Bought 12 gift cards and since the manager was fired, the car wash insists that I bought 12 memberships instead. RIDICULOUS Had a total of 619.04 charged to my credit card in one month! Do not give this business your financial information!!! More to this story but I am not writing a book. Beware
Cheryl N Igc

| map-marker Scottsbluff, Nebraska

Car wash was unsatisfactory

Tidal Wave Auto Spa - Car wash was unsatisfactory
My car looks like I've run down a dirt road, it was just dusty to start with, thought I'd try your services out, but don't think I'll be back
Loss:
Pros:
  • Quick
Cons:
  • Not clean very well

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Not if you want it to look worse

Doc F

Personal experience

Original review Oct 28, 2023
Scott Blackstock, CEO, is a robber baron. Company gives a very inadequate two weeks training to new site managers, promises on site trainers for 6 weeks, then doesn't deliver. Trainers are not themselves trained and lack fundamental knowledge they need, mislead new employees and make up nonsense and leave after a few days, leaving chaos. Corporate is unresponsive to managers' problems and refuses to help Sites are set up to fail. Repairs are a bad joke, damage to customer's cars is ignored if possible.
Cons:
  • Very poor corporate management

Pat S Sqq

| map-marker Lutz, Florida

Damage to tire rim

Tidal Wave Auto Spa - Damage to tire rim
I went to this car wash two weeks ago and I am still upset. The right front rim was chewed on one corner, there are rubber marks mixed into this damage. I remember as I was going through the wash, there was a bump and the car lifted and reset. I noticed this damage after I arrived home. The tire is fine, the rim disfigured. I won't be going back.
Pros:
  • Liked the wash
Cons:
  • Hated what happened to my rim

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: I should have checked the reviews before going to this place

Ashley E Rhn

| map-marker Hoover, Alabama

Significant car damage

Tidal Wave Auto Spa - Significant car damage
Tidal Wave Auto Spa - Significant car damage - Image 2
Tidal Wave Auto Spa - Significant car damage - Image 3
I drove my car through Tidal Wave car wash and ended up with a huge dent and two 6 inch deep scratches on my new paint job. I immediately approached the site manager and he admitted his wash had damaged people's cars before but refused to compensate me for the damage. The estimate was $400 of damage. Their headquarters does not return calls, did not give last names of staff, or contact information! Please help!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Its a car wash
Cons:
  • Significant car damage likely

Preferred solution: Damage compensation

User's recommendation: I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Darlene P Dzy

Verified Buyer

| map-marker South Glens Falls, New York

No Remorse or Restitution for Damage to Car

Tidal Wave Auto Spa - No Remorse or Restitution for Damage to Car

I took my (2018) car through the Tidal Wave Auto Spa car wash in So Glens Falls, NY on March 20, 2023. At the blow dry end of the wash tunnel, all four of my window rain guards were violently ripped off by the force of the blower and the manufacturer emblem was blown out of my front grill.

The force was quite excessive.

The cost to replace the pieces that were ripped off my car is $328.

The car wash location refuses to make restitution, apologize, or show any remorse or regret for the damage. Not even so much as an offer of a refund for the $30 wash. In fact, the contact person at the location, although admitting that emblems do come off in the wash, claims they are "already damaged entering the wash", effectively blaming the victim 100% of the time.

In the course of trying to extract a resolution from the location, I have been told that the car wash policy doesn't cover damage to add-on accessories. OK, fine, the window guards were added on 3 years ago.

However, they've withstood other car washes multiple times with no issues.

And this policy does not apply to my front grille decal. Last time I checked, manufacturer decals come attached to the car when it's driven home from the dealership at the time of purchase.

No consumer would knowingly take their car through a car wash if they could reasonably anticipate that parts would be violently ripped off in this manner.

This location should be held accountable for the damage their equipment caused and be more diligent in testing same prior to running cars through each day. Or at the very least, offer an apology.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Quick
Cons:
  • Damage to vehicle no adherence to stated damage policy bad cs

Preferred solution: $328 restitution to cover the cost of replacement parts.

User's recommendation: Avoid this location. Be aware that they will not cover any damage to your vehicle caused by their equipment.

map-marker Humboldt, Iowa

Treated very poorly by staff

The staff at the Fort Dodge location treated us very very poorly and refused to stop taking parts off of our car after we asked them to not use tools to remove parts off our vehicle.

User's recommendation: avoid Fort Dodge

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article