Disappointed in Thompsons Auto & Truck Center

Yesterday, Dec. 14, 2012, I found out that my front brakes and rotors were bad and need to be replaced. I called River City Brake Center in Carmichael and told them my front brakes and rotors needed to be done. They said that for my SUV that the price would be $340 including a purchase of a groupon coupon. I called Thompson Auto & Truck Center in Placerville, a dealer type auto repair service, and talked to Erick. I told him that my front brakes and rotors were bad and that I needed them done. He told me that the price would be $400 for the front brakes and rotors. I told him that I had received a coupon from his company in the mail and he said that he would give me credit on the job for the $50. To me $400 less $50 was $350 and they were near my home. I thanked him and told him that I would have them do the front brakes and rotors the next morning at 8 A.M. After I took my car in at around 1 P.M. I received a call from a lady at Thompson Auto & Truck telling me that my brakes and rotors were going to cost over $500. I was told that the rotors cost almost twice what Erick had quoted me. Shortly after I received a call from Erick telling me not to worry about the difference in price that he would make it right and not to worry. When I went to pick up my SUV, I had to pay $454.80 plus tax. That was $104.13 more than I had been quoted. Be sure to get any quotes in writing!!! Do not trust them to keep their word!!!
ID
Shingle Springs, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article