Weekendplan.in - Stay from May 19-22 **** Miden Lonavala

I'm writing on behalf of my family who had a rather harrowing last day at MiDen booked through http://www.weekendplan.in/ a MAFATLAL initiative. My family was interrogated by the police on Friday, the 22nd, for merely being guests at Shataff/MiDen villa. The police also took my family's details such as their ID proofs and contact numbers. Needless to say, this is not a vacation experience anyone wishes to have. My family was also asked to vacate the house late in the night, following all this police trouble, by Mr. Dodani. I was appraised of this much later by my family, after their return home. It was rather surprising to hear this because earlier on Friday night, Mr. Dodani had called me expressing what seemed like genuine concern for the safety of my family, only to ask them to leave later! I was unaware of the seriousness of the situation until my family updated me about what had really happened on Friday night. In addition, the caretaker of the villa, John, tried to persuade my family to lie about their stay. John wanted them to say that they were friends of the owner and had not rented the villa. All this clearly proves that sinister activities are not just carried out at the villa but also that the caretaker is aware of this and has not bothered to think about the consequences it might have, and did have, on the guests at the villa. On its part, Weekend Plan has clearly not verified the safety of the property listed on its website. Even after this episode, I see that MiDen is still listed on their website and FB page! My family, who consisted of disabled senior citizens and young children, were scared and traumatized by this experience. Further, the villa was in a rather poor state. The furniture was partially broken, one of the air conditioners was not working, and some of flush tanks of the toilets were not working. When my family mentioned this and the dirty swimming pool to John, the caretaker, he gave them a curt and rude reply. We pay a luxury premium- Over Rs. 149,000 for these villas, and at the very least, expect that things will be working. The photos on your website do not do justice to the actual condition of the villa, and the villa staff needs to be trained in how to behave with guests. The reason we chose to rent a villa with Weekend Plan is the excellent response time to initial queries and the patient answering of all the doubts we had about the property. Also, Mafatlal is a trusted brand, which comes with certain credibility. We put our faith in Weekend Plan and trust that we will be put up at properties that are verified and safe, and that our vacation experience will be a stress-free one. Why else would we pay this premium? Overall, this entire experience at MiDen was below par. We would like to be financially compensated for this. Mr. Dodani had in fact mentioned refunding our money when he had called my family on Friday night. No calls from Mr. Dodani after several messages promising to do good for the sufferings of the family except pleading not to say anything on social media. Narendra Kale --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I DONT KNOW WHAT THESE *** PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT I JUST CAME BACK FROM MY VACATION FROM WEEKEND PLAN GUYS, AND I GOT EXACTLY WHAT THEY TOLD ME I WOULD GET AND HAD NO PROBLEMS ON ANY OF MY VACATIONS!..SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST TOO *** IGNORANT, LITTLE COP TROUBLE AND *** IN PANT, ITS KHANDALA YAAR COPS ARE TOURBLE FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO RENT IN LONAVALA NOWADAYS. SO WHAT IF YOU GOT YOUR ID CHECKED, WE HAD TO SHOW OUR BAGS INSIDE THE ROOMS IN A BIG 5 STAR HOTEL ONCE WHEN OUR WIVES WERE THERE INSIDE.

YOU EXPECT TO GET WHAT A 10 THOUSAND DOLLAR TRIP WOULD PAY FOR ..FOR ONLY FEW BUCKS...

HELLO YOU GET WHT U PAID FOR SOME OF YO GET YOUR EXPECTATIONS WAYYY TOO HIGH!!!.. ANYWYAS I LOVED MY VACTAION AND MY TRIP WITH THEM

I WILL DEFINITELY BE TRAVELING WITH THEM AGAIN!:)

ID
Lonavala, Maharashtra
Cons
  • Service
  • Upkeep of the property
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Bad Experience with weekendplan.in

We had recently booked a villa in Lonavala for October 30 via www.weekendplan.in for a birthday celebration. Reservation was confirmed for the same on email. For the celebration, we had friends coming down from Ahmedabad and Pune. On October 28 they called to confirm they need an advance. We agreed on payment of cash on October 29. On October 29, starting 4pm, we were co-ordinating the pick up of payment at 9pm from Nariman Point, which they agreed on. Randomly, they shared at 5.30 pm that the villa is not available since the owner already has few people there. Post arguments for two hours, they gave most ridiculous alternatives, and throughout they never accepted their mistake! In fact, they were responding as if they were doing a favor by giving an alternative. Since we were out of options, we eventually accepted a poor option suggested by them. The final call was at 8pm when they said they'll confirm the booking in 30 minutes. After all this, there was no call, sms or mail. Nishant (the co-ordinator) was terribly aggressive and rude while communicating. As a result, 12 hours before check in, we were stranded and arranging for a place was out of option. Is this your commitment level? We really had a pathetic experience with www.weekendplan.in. They have very poor management & worst customer care support. It was really unprofessional and unethical experience. Very much disappointed!!

Hi I am very sorry that you had to undergo these issues, we have a long standing tradition of being instant solution providers, hence we are very concerned by these allegations.

Can you be please kind enough to tell us which villa in Lonavala is in question here, since we cannot find any record of your enquiry.

My name is Satish and I am the Co-Founder, please give me an opportunity to make this right, kindly call and ask for me directly or revert by email if you please at satish@***.in

ID
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article