I felt raped

Requested only female staff at medical procedure "down there". They gave me a 6 foot 3 inch black male nurse from a Muslim country as my nurse (don't yet know his credentials...noone at MD Anderson has told me though I have asked) to Prep and do all that is required for "down there" parts of the body. I voiced opposition and was challenged by the male nurse wanting to know why. I did not want to tell him why. It is none of his business. He said he could get someone else to do the blood pressure and needle stick. That I was OK with, but I didn't want a male to have anything to do with my bottom. I told him how I felt. Just before I was "put under" a female nurse next to my bed asked behind her, "did you put the towel under" her bottom and prep her and then I saw him. He said "not until she is sedated...she has privacy issues". The female nurse leaned close to my face and said "we are going to take good care of you" and the next thing I knew, I woke up from the surgical procedure. I later asked the male if he was the one who "prepped my butt" and he said yes. Later I talked to the Head nurse who said we should have honored your request. I then put a call in to patient advocate and have waited too long for any kind of response. I assume they simply don't care.
ID
Houston, Texas
Service
The University Of Texas Md Anderson Cancer Center Medical Care
Reason of review
failed to do what they were required to do
Preferred solution
Apology; promise this will never happen; damages. Dollars listed above are not enough

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article