The Tub Guy did not stand behind warranty

Flawless Finish Resurfacing aka The Tub guy in Plano Texas owned by Collin Cozza. He advertises heavily on Craigs list for bath tub refinishing. I hired him to refinish a bath tub. In less tham 3 months the bath tub finish began to crack and peel off. I called him to come and fix it, per his warranty. He said he would and made an appointment. He never showed up. After that it was constant phone calls and messages left by me on his voice mail and with his wife, who sets his appointments. There were two other appointments made.... one was cancelled, and he never showed up for the other one. Finally, I asked his wife what the problem was and why wasn't he going to stand behind his work. She told me that she was NOT going to send him out to do "free work". I guess that is what they call warranty work. She really did not care and was very rude to me for even asking for the bath tub to be fixed. Finally, after 6 weeks, I gave up and contracted with someone else to re do the bathtub. Of course, it has cost me double to have the tub refinished, but this guy did a beautiful job. I have made a complaint against The Tub Guy, Collin Cozza, Flawless Finish Resurfacing with the Better Business Bureau in Dallas. I caution anyone about using this guy. His work is appalling!

Flawless finish is full of flaws! Then he tried to blame it on his helper that quit and started another company.

Nooooo I was there and Collin did my job NOT his helper.

I called another guy that showed up on time the next day and made it look brand new. He asked me not to mention his name because Flawless finish has a reputation of bad mouthing other companies on sites like this.

Guy has too many names

469-544-**** Flawless Finish, Tub Guy complaint

I too called collin cozzo to refinish a bathtub and a few weeks later it peeled up by the drain and in the middle of the tub. His wife said he would come back for $50.00!

I called another guy off craigslist and for $120.00 he refinished the entire tub for me and sanded off the drips tub guy left on the back of the tub. The tub is now glossy and gorgeous.

All You had to do Ms. Karen Hill, was pay the $40 Trip charge.

The tenet of your rental property damage the tub. The work was great, or you would not have paid for it in the first place.

View more comments (3)
ID
Dallas, Texas

Collin Cozzo ruined my bathtub and ceiling

Collin Cozza also known as Flawless Finish bathtub refinishing also known as The Tub Guy in plano texas, Also known as save-a-tub at 972-516-**** ; 469- 231-**** or 469-544-**** ruined my bathtub and ceiling. He taped off the ceiling when refinishing my shower, then pulled the tape off when done splattering popcorn texture onto my bathtub and leaving bare spots on my ceiling. He said it would brush off the tub 48 hours after it dried. It dried with all that stuck to the bathtub. Did I forget to mention he was 2 hours late arriving and when I tried to refuse him even doing the work he said he had already ordered the material. The price was suppose to have been $499.00 but ended up almost double for some problems that were minor. The shower was in good shape just hard to clean and I was selling the house. He advertises a little less talk, all he did was talk and brag about how great he supposedly was. When I tried to call him for his 5 year warranty only 2 days later he would not even return my calls. Its now been 2 months ago. I called another guy that was a competitor and he was a great person. He fixed the runs, and pits in the tub and only charged $100.00 for the trip and did not want to charge that. He said he felt bad that I had over paid so much.
#1196457

Agreed! this guy is a crook & unethical.

He takes your $$$ and then 2 weeks later when there's a problem he's no where to be seen.

Then he confirms an appointments and then doesn't show, a real winner. I'd like to know who you ended up calling

Flawless finishing resurfacing has changed their number to 972-413-****.

KB resurfacing at 817-710-**** did my tub and it was so thick it looked fake. I have had tubs refinished before but dang this was a thick mess.

I am so pissed.

I have no idea what it will cost for me to have this removed and done correctly. They post heavily on craigslist so I guess they are desperate for work since all you can see is their ads!

First I had KB resurfacing at 817-710-**** resurface or refinish a bathtub then when it yellowed 2 months later I called flawless finish and that had 4 runs in the back of the tub. I had tubs refinished before but not by these two guys and never again will I use them!

same thing here. The name is now Flawless Finish and he advertises heavy on craigslist.

His advertisements now claim he has no criminal history. My tub was full of runs.

I called another refinisher and he sanded the whole tub down and redid it for $100.00 and said he was embarrassed to be in the same business. I used a company called Awesome tubs.

@PissedConsumer470980

I did my homework on awesome tubs. It seems he has a felony for manslaughter possession of cocaine evading arrest and burg of a habitation.

And his girlfriend had a seven-year sentence in prison for distribution of cocaine. Verified .com check it out

#209782

@Udidmewong I would be interested in the name and number of the guy you used to fix Collin's work. You can email it to me at aarnfarmer{at}gmail{dot}com

#209776

@Udidmewong I'd be interested in knowing the number of the guy you used to fix his mistakes.

I also had a horrible experience with "The Tub Guy" or "Saveatub" as they've changed names now. He came out over 2 months ago to refinish the tub.

It was humid outside and he told me to wait 48 hours before using. The smell is AWFUL! Apparently the ventalator he uses isn't rated for what he is doing. I waited 72 hours before installing the fixtures and then noticed the coating had "shifted" where I was sitting and wrinkled up.

I called them to come out to fix it and Collin came a week later and said it wasn't dry yet so he couldn't fix the issue. I tried many times to call him and his wife Christy with no calls back. His wife wanted to charge me a $25 trip charge for the warranty service. He finally came a month later and resprayed the tub after sanding off the wrinkles.

He decided he would just caulk the drain with the strainer in place rather than remove it and spray it properly. He said he was done and I went to look at it. There was a run in the paint he used and when I pointed it out to him, he got upset and grabbed his gear and said, "See you in 72 hours!" as he slammed the door behind him. I have since noticed pitting in the coating and overspray from the repair has gotten on to the finished tub and become like sandpaper.

I've been working for over a month now trying to get them to come out and fix the problem. The sanding dust is everywhere from the repair and when he pulled the tape off the walls from masking it pulled paint off. Very poor service. A mistake is not bad or an error until it is not fixed!

I understood the humidity caused the issue all I wanted was it done right. I am now filing documents with the county for small claims court.

View more comments (8)
ID
#193494 Review #193494 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article