Detained at LaGuardia (LGA) Long Term Parking Lot #3

On Friday evening Jan 4th I was unfairly and unjustly detained at the checkout lane for 40 minutes when attempting to cash out of the of long term parking lot P3 at LaGuardia Airport. After a long day of flying I was first in line to checkout lane but both booths turned out to be inoperable. I was told that my EZ-Pass and charge card could not be processed as the checkout functions weren’t working. I told the attendant that these were the only forms of payment that I had with me and that I did not have $80 in cash. The attendant told me that they could take my information down from my license and registration and mail me a bill, which I agreed to and provided. They then checked with a supervisor via phone who told them that I would have to pay ½ the amount before leaving. Again repeating that I didn’t have cash with me, they told me that I needed to pull over to the side until I came up with the cash or the police would come and arrest me. I did not comply and told them that I would sit at the checkout until they either charged my EZ-Pass, my charge card or billed me. There I sat for another 30 minutes when a technician eventually showed up and fixed one of the two lanes. I was then able to checkout with my charge card as they still weren’t able to get the EZ-Pass billing to work. I was treated rudely and not given the same consideration that someone who forgot their wallet would have been given. The fact that I was detained against my will for 40 minutes is totally unacceptable when the problems was entirely theirs and not mine.
ID
Hartford, Connecticut
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article