BUYER BEWARE

The Paint Doctor Of Colorado Springs - BUYER BEWARE
Buyer Beware! Yes, ONE STAR and Zero if it were available. Amazing that Yelp reviews by Mandy C., Mike C., Adam C. and Shawn L. were spot on! My wife and I made the mistake of not reading Yelp and other reviews before we hired The Paint Doctor. The Paint Doctor professional painting resulted in walls not completely painted; 2 coats of paint were not used as required in the contract; corners & edges not painted, in some cases the paint brushes were pushed into corners leaving globs of paint; taping and paper were not used to make edges and boarders straight and to protect our hardwood floors, which was required by contract and added to the contract at a higher cost; spray paint over-runs on doors; electric socket covers not put back on; painted areas were not textured or spackle, paint drippings on pictures, furniture, floors, bath tubs, mirrors, door hardware, no caulking, etc.; small holes not patched (paint supervisor told me that any hole larger than a pen head is done by dry wall people not painters and they are not required to hang pictures back up...and the beat goes on and on and on. Many photos of theses blunders are available to anyone that has an interest. After the painters were finished and a brief walk through of the house the supervisor took my payment in full ($7055.00 check ((breakdown: $5320.00 for interior walls & some ceilings) and $1985.00 (doors, trim & base boards). We paid for the masking tape, paper, etc., for the trim, baseboards and doors as well as for two coats of paint...none of these were purchased or used by The Paint Doctor; however, we were NOT offered or provided a refund. During a deep quality check "several" oversights were noted and the painters called back for the third time. They were called but seldom returned calls. They left early on some days and showed up 2+ hours late. Melissa, the estimator, returned my call and told me she would get the painters back to finish at which time I told her I didn't want them back and gave her two options; total refund or I'll get interior painted by real professional painters and bill Paint Doctor for their work. She did not accept my offers; instead she showed up with Mike - another painter. Melissa took photos of the discrepancies and Mike gave me a roll of blue tape to mark all of the first crews errors and he said he'd be back the next day to clean up the mess. Mike did excellent painting but wasn't very reliable. He spackled, taped, and used paper to cover the floor just as the initial painting crew was to have done but didn't. He said he'd call me on a couple of occasions but didn't. Gave us arrival times but showed a couple of hours late or not at all. This project was supposed to be finished on Thursday or Friday (4 - 5 days) but lasted 45 days. Even now we are still finding areas that were not painted and a framed, numbered painting was damaged. So frustrated and anxious to get our home back without blue tape and paint cans we quit and we will finish their uncompleted, non-professional work. BUYER BEWARE!
ID
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Service
The Paint Doctor Of Colorado Springs Walls Painting
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article