They are not professional

I had to see a dentist because of a tooth that got chipped and I needed a root canal. The rooth canal was badly done, I was still in pain even after the procedure. I went back few days after with a big abscess from the same tooth, my dentist, Dr. Edward Lee, tells me that he probably forgot to clean one of the canals and that the lump I have is not an abscess. Yet his partner confirmed to me that it is an abscess because I went back another time to them and my regular dentist wasn't working that day so his partner took care of me instead and she even gave me antibiotic for the abscess. I had to give them full payment before they finish the root canal that was poorly done.

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your review. If we are not mistaken, you have also provided your feedback on multiple sites under the following names: “Joseph L.”, “Susan G.”, “Joseph A.”, ”Gisele B.”, “josephbel”, “NoreenZ”, “User2424”, “upsetuser”, and our favorite “Yelp U.”

Root Canal Therapy is a procedure that removes EXISTING infection. Your root canals were already infected when you made an appointment. This infection had to be drained with a root canal therapy. In cases when significant infection is present, we prescribe antibiotics to speed up the healing; but even with antibiotics it could take days or even weeks to heal.

We place patient satisfaction as our top priority. We have performed thousands of root canals and other complicates surgeries. So far, we have achieved 97% patient satisfaction rate and 100% of respondents indicate that they would recommend us to their friends and family.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!

ID
Brooklyn, New York

I was charged for a procedure that my insurance covers for

I went to One and Only Dental located on 2250 86th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11214. I had some filling done to 4 of my teeth. The dentist told me that my insurance doesn't cover for the filling the 4 back teeth and that I have to pay for it. I had no choice I was in pain, so I paid for the 4 fillings. Few days later I went back again for a root canal which I paid for as well. The dentist infected my tooth and I was in pain for 2 weeks. I went to a different dentist to have the root canal finished and to do another filling for another tooth. I was chocked when the new dentist told me that my insurance does cover for teeth filling. As soon as I came back home, I called my insurance carrier and they assured me that they do cover for teeth filling. When I called the first dental office they refuse to talk to me under the excuse that the dentist wasn't available. When I went in person to speak to the dentist, they told me that he wasn't there and to come back next week. And before leaving one of the assistant told me that they only put the best filling in the market. This tells me that they sold me a filling that my insurance doesn't cover for instead of putting the one that is covered. I feel cheated and lied to. They had no right to do what they did and I was the victim of their theft. I trusted the dentist I didn't check with my insurance carrier before hand.

Dear Patient,

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not the optimal one. Unfortunately, many insurance plans do not pay the full price for bonded composite fillings. They downgrade all of the fillings to the cost of mercury amalgam filling (cheapest possible and ugliest possible option) and pay a fraction of what the superior bonded composite costs.

We believe in transparency and always seek to build trust with our patients. We never start a treatment without a thorough explanation of insurance coverage and possible out of pocket costs. Furthermore, we place patient satisfaction as our top priority. So far, we have achieved 97% patient satisfaction rate and 100% of respondents indicate that they would recommend us to their friends and family. As a result, we see 50 new patients per month mostly through the word of mouth referrals.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback. We are looking forward to seeing you again in six months!

Thank you for this review, my husband was about to call them to schedule an appointment. Your review was very helpful.

View more comments (1)
ID
Staten Island, New York
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article