Dessert Menu

What is the reason for discontinuing the Mud Pie? When I went the Old Spaghetti Factory at the San Pedro Square in San Jose,CA,the dessert menu had the Mud Pie printed on it.When finished my dinner, I ordered the Mud Pie for dessert.The waiter came back to me and told me that it was discontinued.Your restaurant has always carried the Mud Pie and it was my favorite dessert. Thank you, Frank A. Parker I can be reached at: za\edhyrwest369@***.com
San Jose, California
Pros
  • Excellent food and moderate pricing

BAD EXPERIENCE

Corporate, I hope you are reading; this reflects on you and your employees! I didn't even eat the food, had it boxed and then threw it away after paying because of the experience. Okay, so this is my first time at this restaurant and my last! Horrible, offensive and disrespectful experience by our server Mitch (which wasn't the name he gave us after asking him for it because he didn't introduce himself or have a name tag). I can't remember the name he gave to be honest. The manager Sumitra was worse as she disrespected us by saying she backs up her servers 100 percent! Even though her waiter LIED and said WE WERE RUDE AND WERE RECORDING HIM, YES EVERYONE RECORDING HIM and Sumitra, the Manager, supported her server and decided to disrespect the customers by even entertaining this idiotic excuse for bad service. Who does that? Especially a manager. I'm a visitor, taking selfies and pictures with my friends! We were sat with no menus. Waited for our waiter who showed up minutes later and asked him if we could get menus after he asked if he could take our order and acted as if it was our fault we didn't have the menus. He then went to go get them and asked for our drinks, we asked for two raspberry teas and one coke. He came back with TWO cokes..., then we let him know about the mix up and he said "I'll get that" and went to get the right drink as if we made the mistake. Finally, took our order and I asked specifically for chicken alfredo with angel hair, because it wasn't in the menu and he said "you got it". I get fettuccine alfredo instead. I let him know and he said "okay sure" and then I asked "you do remember hearing me say angel hair?" and he said "no I honestly didn't but okay I can get it changed"... his personality was so passive aggressive and offensive. We talked to Sumitra about the horrid experience and she acted like she didn't care. When she came back 5 minutes later after charging the card, I told her, "as a manager who gets a complaint about a bad experience you should've at least tried to turn it around around and say I will take care of this. I'm sorry I took the appetizer off of your bill", but she said "no, not tonight because my waiter said YOU were rude and you're recording him". I said "are you serious? I'm offended and disrespected you would even mention this to us, why would we do any of that, first we don't have menus, then he doesn't remember our order and now you are saying we were wrong?" She said "yeah I back up my servers 100 percent". I then asked for her name and a higher authority and she said "no, I was the only one" and I said "no, I know there is someone above you and I wanted her name and the server's name" which she refused to give me until I pressed and she finally gave in. This is not over, I will call corporate and they will know about the experience their employees give to customers. This is not what I expected as a Portland visitor. Next time you go (if I were you, I wouldn't go, but if you do) remember the name is Sumitra, who is the manager and Mitchell or Mitch, the server. Stay away from them. They should not be in the customer service business. I am so upset and offended.
Portland, Oregon
Service
The Old Spaghetti Factory Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Made to wait unreasonable time for table

Recently I went to Sacramento's The Old Spaghetti Factory. My party of two was told it would be ten minutes before being seated. We sat and watched as the lobby of the restaurant was turned again, and again, and again, and again. Parties of two, three, four, twenty-one were seated while we sat. I'm a big man. Once they offered a tiny table about 12-15" wide. We declined. After approximately 45 minutes they offered to seat us. I complained to the manager. The hostess had stonewalled us. Spaghetti Factory's spaghetti is just okay; their salad is below average, their bread is good, their coffee is below average, their ice cream is very good. The only thing they really have to sell is service and atmosphere. I give them a -10 for service! The manager did try to make it right, my friend ate, I declined the free meal -- sat and drank water. Doubtful I will return. I used to take guests and clients there. Don't plan to in the future.
San Francisco, California

About

The Old Spaghetti Factory Terms of Service
Please read the Terms of Use carefully before The User start to use this Website. If The Customer do not want to agree to these Terms of Use or the Privacy Policy, The User must not access or use this Website. This Website is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using this Website, The Client of The Old Spaghetti Factory represent and warrant that The Customer meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If The Client do not meet all of these requirements, The Client of The Old Spaghetti Factory must not access or use this Website. The Old Spaghetti Factory may revise and update these Terms of Use from time to time in The Old Spaghetti Factory's' sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when www.osf.com post them, and apply to all access to and use of this Website thereafter. However, any changes to the dispute resolution provisions set forth in Governing Law and Jurisdiction will not apply to any disputes for which the parties have actual notice on or prior to the date the change is posted on this Website.
To read more: https://www.osf.com/terms-of-use/
The Old Spaghetti Factory Privacy Policy
Please read this policy carefully to understand The Old Spaghetti Factory's' policies and practices regarding The Client's information and how Website will treat it. If The User of company services do not agree with The Old Spaghetti Factory's' policies and practices, The User's choice is not to use this Website. By accessing or using this Website, The Client of The Old Spaghetti Factory agree to this privacy policy. This policy may change from time to time (see "Changes to Company's Privacy Policy"). The User's continued use of this Website after The Old Spaghetti Factory make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates. This Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. Website do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If The Client are under 13, do not use this Website or submit any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. In the event any information The Company collect from or about The Customer is combined with personal information, Website will treat such combined information as personal information.
To read more: https://www.osf.com/privacy-policy/
Top The Old Spaghetti Factory Services

Customer Care

The Old Spaghetti Factory Pros and Cons

Pros: Excellent food and moderate pricing

Summary

The Old Spaghetti Factory is an international net of family restaurants with locations in over ten states of North America, that serves near ten million visitors annually. The first restaurant was open in 1969, with a concept of serving testy and various spaghetti dishes. A key part of its success was offering complete dinner with salad, beverage and dessert for more than affordable price. Another peculiar feature of The Old Spaghetti Factory is choosing unique and distinctive buildings, including historic ones, for its locations. Its interiors are decorated with original antiques and centerpieces, such as streetcar and brass headboards that serve as bench backs. The company is listed among top ten Best Family Restaurant Chains by Parents magazine.

The Old Spaghetti Factory reviews and complaints

The Old Spaghetti Factory is ranked 357 out of 2709 in Cafes, Restaurants and Bars category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article