The dirtiest restaurant ever, Bad food, and was Poisoned

Some friends and I visited a place called The Old Dairy in Macomb Illinois recently and we were set back after seeing the way food was being handled. The food was awful. We asked for a refund and we were ordered out. Later in the day we had all become ill from the food, and took turns waiting in the emergency room of a nearby hospital. The owner, Ketra Kuniej refused to respond to our complaints. I found they had history of health issues. This place should be closed. If you are traveling in the area stay away for your own health. I do not know how a place like this can stay open. It should be called the old dirty barn instead of dairy.

I love this restaurant, I've eaten breakfast here since I started attending WIU last year. The french toast is my favorite breakfast item to get.

It's so decadent, delicious, and overall amazing. I have also eaten her for lunch and dinner. Sorry, Mcdonald's is gross in comparison, with their powdered eggs, and such. Go to the Old Dairy and try the homemade pie too, my favorite is the German Chocolate.

I've never had pie like this!

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! LOL

I've never had pie like this!

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! LOL

We ate there before Graduation Ceremonies at WIU one year. We ordered the French Toast and were very disappointed.

It was burnt on the outside and mush on the inside; the cook was using too much milk and not enough egg. When I approached the cook, a heavy set women and complained, I was told that she was sorry we didn't like it and then she walked away from me. No offer of a new order, no offer of a refund.

That was $45 (for four people!) wasted, as the food was inedible. If you are in Macomb for breakfast, stick to McDonald's.

I've been going to the Old Dairy twice a week for two years now, and I've NEVER had a bad experience. The food and service have been nothing but excellent, and the workers know my name and treat me like family.

Best place in Macomb for breakfast. My only regret is that I did not go there sooner.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Old Dairy! It is THE place to be when you are in Macomb.

The service, atmosphere and especially food are outstanding! 5 stars

PS. Too bad the nut job in the one review is too cheap and dishonest to make good on his promises for products.

He is lucky he hasn't been jailed for fraud..well..YET! Ketra and The Old Dairy have the love and respect of townies and visitors alike so Mr H, moveon.org and get your head out of your ars!

I have been going to The Old Dairy for *years* and have never had a bad experience there. It's a favorite of my 7-year-old; we even had one of his birthday parties there.

Everything is clean, the service is fast and friendly, and the food is excellent.

Ketra and her staff are wonderful. Macomb is a small town; if there really were problems, we would all know about it.

Does Mr.Hasting's review fall under the category of liable or slander? This is nothing but sour grapes!

He sold them a defective product and when they asked for a refund he refused and decided to defame their establishment. I have eaten there many times and even toured the facility. The food is always of the highest quality and the kitchen spotless! I know the family that owns it and they would settle for nothing less!

Mr. Hastings needs to GROW UP!

No trip to Macomb is complete without a visit to the Old Dairy. The homemade pies are incredible.

Great coffee, free wifi, excellent sandwiches! The Old Dairy is awesome!

Actually, who ever you are that's complaining; you are not good enough for our "Old Dairy" in Macomb or the town of Macomb for that matter! Just go back to the whole that you crawled out of and stay there you no good slime balls!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be speaking of ANOTHER OLD DAIRY because the one in Macomb IL is GREAT!!! OR could this be a complaint lashing out at the owners after they reported you because YOU cheated them on their point of sale computer system by not standing by the warranty and not delivering items that were ordered and paid for?

Sounds like slander to me after reading all the positive comments that people have said about The Old Dairy and eating there myself. Perhaps you should just contact the owner and make things right before you dig a deeper hole that leaves you liable.

View more comments (28)
ID
Tucson, Arizona
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article