Order From Anywhere Else Than With New York Dog Shop

This merchant immediately charged me for the full amount of an order that is not available to be shipped, yet online stated everything was available, was not upfront about the length of delay to expect once I followed up asking where is the merchandise and then refused to accept that what I returned for a credit was mismarked as far as size, so a defect is why I would never do business with them again. I ordered 3 of the same item in the same size. 2 fit perfectly and the one that I returned I could not get over my dog's head, so clearly a sizing mis-mark issue. Fortunately, after several attempts to get the owner to issue a credit for the item that was retuned in its original packaging, I disputed the charge with my credit card company who after their investigation issued a credit in full. There are more customer focused, reputable companies to order dog merchandise from!!
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

They took my money and won't give a refund! Unethical!

I am having a problem with a merchant that I purchased a coat from. After returning a parka coat with hood and sleeves to PETCO that was too big for my dog (2X), The New York Dog Shop took a telephone call from me asking for help with finding the right size coat for my dog. The sales lady, Rebecca took the call. I called this store because I found an item of interest on their web site but was concerned with the sizing chart and their no return policy. My rationale was that speaking with the sales person would help me avoid a problem with finding the right size for my dog. Rebecca and I discussed my dog’s measurements for fit and I explained what it was that I desired for my dog. I specifically wanted a parka coat with a hood and sleeves for my dog. His measurements were given. We both discussed the size chart for a brand called DOGO, which carried a parka with a hood. The salesperson said that the size 2X would fit my dog based on his measurements and weight. We ordered that parka coat. It arrived a few days later and it was very much too small for my dog. I called the shop to ask them how to return the item and get another one in a bigger size. Rebecca again spoke with me and she told me something that she had not discussed with me before- that the coat manufacturer does not make a bigger size and that DOGO runs very small and is not true to size. This information was withheld the first time we spoke and would have definitely influenced my decision in the purchase and I would not have purchased the coat. She also said on the second telephone call that they do not have another coat that would fit my dog, but they did have a vest that would and it was $30.00 more. I did not want to spend more money and purchase something I did not want in the first place. This vest does not have a hood and does not have sleeves and is totally what I did not want, plus it was much more money. My budget was $50, not $80. The store could not fulfill what I wanted and needed. The following Monday, I spoke with the owner of the shop, Lisa Borreggine, on the telephone. She did not want to issue me a refund, and insisted on exchanging the coat for a vest or other merchandise. I told her that it was unethical for the sales person, Rebecca, to withhold the information that DOGO runs very small when she and I were discussing fit for my dog. Rebeccca only told me this AFTER the purchase, and this information was critical in making the right decision to purchase. Now they have my money, the original coat is sent back, and I do not have a parka for my dog. I am disputing the charge on the credit card. The merchant does not want and is not able to provide a comparable product and correct size for my dog. She wants me to spend MORE money on something I do not even want. A store credit would also be useless for me as there is nothing else I need or want from that store as I had called them looking for something very specific.
Holtsville, New York
Cons
  • Would not refund for their mistake
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

The owner refused to accept and ripped up a gift certificate she had donated to a charity auction!

I purchased two gift certificates from a CHARITY auction for this store. When I attempted to use them the manager informed me they were one per person (let's ignore that I paid for them and the money was for a good cause). The manager would not allow me to gift one to another person, rather she voided and ripped one up, informing me I could seek out the charity for a refund. She took her tax deductible benefit from the donation then she refused to honor the certificate. Not only is this rude, it is illegal. The products are wildly overpriced (Paul Mitchell shampoo that is $8.50 on amazon is $14.95 in the store), and the manager is downright scummy. I was purchasing more than the value of the certificates, and frequently make purchases there, despite the huge markups. Never again. I have never seen an organization refuse to honor charity donations. If anything, when I have aides with charity events, other organizations have KINDLY extended expirations - for the sake of charity.

Blair Barton (aka Jen D) is a known thief, Fordham student, Blair Barton. Stolen donations found in her possession(Blair Barton).

Check her records.

All comments are written by her, Blair Barton. Check reputable sites, this one operates off blackmailing businesses.

Blair Barton Fordham Student Law Clerk Thief

The owner Lisa is a horribly rude person. I can't believe she could actually be a business owner trying to run a business with customers.

I would never shop at this store again and I have not experienced such rudeness ever from an owner of a business.

I don't recommend visiting this store. There are so many options, why deal with nasty people.

Everyone who has had an awful experience at New York Dog Shop should contact the manager:

Lisa Borregine

917-670-****

Above was written by Blair Barton, a Fordham University student.

Gift certificates were donated to a charity with Fordham University, but never received(stolen).

Above was written by Blair Burton, a Fordham University student.

@PissedConsumer669628

This previous comment was not written by anyone associated with Fordham or the charity. The donations were properly sold and the customer was given a refund for the purchase due to the fact thy the store owner Lisa (likely the above poster) ripped up one of the purchased gift certificate.

The store owner recieved tax deduction forms for the donations which were sold.

View more comments (5)
New York, New York

The New York Dog Company

With the onset of a very cold and snowy winter I decided to order a parka for my dog. After doing some searching I found that they had the active coat that I was looking for in stock. In fact they did not have it in stock and did not know if or when they would receive this item. They suggested a substitute. I used their sizing chart to determine the size and changed my order. When I received the coat it did not even get close on fitting my dog. They refused to let me return it or exchange it!! Very unprofessional mail order business!! Don't waste your money or time on this business! This one is a loser and they really don't have anything that you can't get elsewhere.

My creditcard company did a chargeback and I send back the coat to this awful store. This is lalagirl2015.

I agree...they are terrible to work with and their return policy is awful.

I just filed a complaint with my credit card company and will contact Better Business Bureau for the exact same complaint as you have! I wish I would have seen this complaint first before being yricked by them also! Good Luck!

@Tyrin Wch

tricked, I meant.

It makes sense if you have sporting dogs that spend most of the day in the snow! Don't get a dog!

:grin Makes two losers - a parka for a dog - geez

View more comments (5)
Jackson, Michigan

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article