THE NATIONAL HOTEL TOOK MY MONEY!

On Tuesday September 29th at 2:38pm I spoke to a woman in the accounting department. I explained to her that my card had been used by (name kept private), to stay there for two nights. I then explained to her that my card had been charged three times, twice for $211.31 and once for $220. She placed me on hold and advised me that the $220 was not a charge but that it was a hold. She said to check my bank account within a few days and the hold should have been let go by then. On Saturday October 3, 2009 I checked my bank account and saw a charge on my account from the National Hotel, Miami for $212.31. I promptly call the hotel at 7:01am (Eastern Standard Time) I spoke with a gentleman who advised me that I need to speak to the Accounting department. I advised him that I NEEDED this taken care of today, because I had some transactions that were going through. He told me he could take a message and give to the manager that would be on duty today (October 3, 2009) he also said that Mr. Rodriguez would be in about 30 minutes. I asked for that managers name he advised me it was Richard Rodriguez , I gave the gentleman my phone number and advised him that if I didn't hear form Mr. Rodriguez with in an hour I would call back. I called back at 9:39 am Mr. Rodriguez answered the line , I advised him of my problem, he told me that he could not do anything to help me , except to give me the head of accountings phone number( Freddie Contreas) . I asked for a head manager, CEO or owners name and an address to send a correspondence he repeatedly ignored my requests and continually placed me on hold while I was speaking and attempting to speak over me while I was asking questions at one point he said "I have other calls, I can't stay on the phone with you." I explained to him that he was on the phone with me and needed to address my problem. He tried to get off the phone with me multiple times by speaking over me and saying" you can call on Monday thank you" I pleaded with him to not hang upon me or I would attempt to sue The National Hotel. He refused to give me the name or phone number of anyone but himself or Freddie Rodriguez. This conversation went on until at 9:36 he abruptly transferred me while I was still speaking. Mr. Rodriguez transferred me at (:36 and 33 seconds to a woman named Noalia who referred to herself as the Director of rooms. I advised her or my conversation with Mr. Rodriguez and asked her the same questions I asked him. She told me there was no general manager for the hotel and that she was over Mr. Rodriguez. She said that the owner was Claude Drea and that he was in Paris. I asked for an address to write Mr.Drea she attempted to give me the address to The National Hotel, not what I asked for. She told me that John was there from the 24-29th of September. I swiftly let her know she was wrong because on the 24th He was at the Sanctuary Hotel and on the 27th he was home with me. He only stayed two nights, the 25 and the 26th of September. Through Noalia provided a more helpful attitude she could not help my situation. I asked her what would happen with Mr. Rodriguez; she explained she could not discuss that with me. I then asked if she would speak with him, she replied, yes. I told her that I didn't believe her and that I would rather give this matter to someone above her because I wanted to write a complaint letter. She then advised me, yet again, that there was no General Manger for the Hotel. At 11:11 am I called 305-423-****, the number that was given to me by Mr. Rodriguez to get in contact with Freddie Contreas. There was no name on the voice mail answering system; however I did leave a message. I am requesting (as I advised Mr. Rodriguez and Ms. Noalia) that all money, including any overdraft fee that occurred because of the negligence of The National Hotel and its employees be refunded to me in an expeditious manner. Due to Mr. Rodriguez and Ms. Noalia inability or unwillingness to provide me with an address to file a compliant with the head of The National Hotel, I have filed complaints to Federal Trade Commission Consumer Division, The Better Business Bureau, and Compliant.com, Pissed Consumer as well as the State of Florida Consumer Complaint center and Miami-Dade County Consumer complaints. Due to the negligence of The National Hotel I have incurred two overdraft fees as well as charges being declined. It is my hope that now, after all of this that the money I am requesting is refunded back to me in the form of a check. After searching the internet, I found on the Business Bureau website that Robert Palley is in fact the General Manger. I hope this matter will be resolved very quickly.
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia
Loss

About

THE NATIONAL HOTEL Privacy Policy
At National Hotel ("Hotel"), the privacy and confidentiality of user information is important. Website are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of The Customer's user information. The Company may update this policy from time to time, so please check here frequently. Hotel will not disclose identifiable user information to any third party without consent. THE NATIONAL HOTEL's' goal is to provide The User of company services with an Internet experience that delivers the information, resources and services that are most relevant to The User To achieve this goal, part of the operation of the Site includes the gathering of certain types of information about Site users. Because THE NATIONAL HOTEL understand that The Customer's privacy is important, nationalhotel.com wish to explain the types of information The Company gather and the way in which Website use it. This Privacy Policy applies to the Site. This Privacy Policy covers two types of information gathered at the Site, personal and aggregated.
THE NATIONAL HOTEL FAQ
Late checkout can be requested but not guaranteed. Decision will be made the morning of departure upon availability. Early check in can be requested but not guaranteed. Decision will be made the day of arrival upon availability. Late check out is subject to fee and subject to availability. Complimentary until 12PM. From 12PM to 3PM half day charge. After 3PM full day charge. Valet parking is available for staying guests and visitors. In and Out privileges. The National Hotel offers 2 pools, THE NATIONAL HOTEL's' Legendary Infinity Pool, one of the longest in Miami Beach & Company's Leisure Pool, which are both accessible 24h. The Leisure Pool is heated for The User's comfort. The National Hotel Miami Beach prohibits coolers, boxes, or other containers for the purpose of transporting food & beverage on property. The National Hotel Miami Beach is smoke-free in all indoors areas.
To read more: https://nationalhotel.com/frequently-asked-questions/
Summary

The National Hotel is located in Miami Beach and proposes rooms of different price levels to stay in. The reservation can be made in the usual way in the online regime. This hotel tries to be differentiated in its services and invites clients to subscribe for the email newsletters in order not to miss the implemented innovations and specials. The rooms are represented by the Triplex Three-Bedroom Suite, Historic Ocean-View Suite, Historic Art-Deco-View Guest Room, Cabana Gust Room, Cabana Suite and amenities. Besides, the rooms are equipped with all modern facilities. Dining services and Spa treatments are offered for the comfort of clients together with other attractions. One more company's feature is its employment opportunities which are promoted in order to find new team members.

THE NATIONAL HOTEL reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article