No chance for a return on investment with Jerry McCutchen. Over $30K lost so far.

Jerry invested over 50% of my funds in REITS. ATEL equipment leasing was one his biggest recommendation and one that has produced the lost. Nearly no chance to cash out. It would take 12+ years to breakeven, but since the equipment was depreciate last month by 30% and will continue to depreciate till the equipment is worth nothing. Jerry said I would earn 9% on the investment, but he didn't say anything about depreciation or that it is nearly impossible to get your money out. (on course he gave me a binder with all the details, which is his way out) I trusted him with my investment, my company's investments and my parents investments. Old Jerry is down in Orange Beach enjoying the benefits of his work.
#1219072

We are in the same boat. Jerry took our investments, lived the good life, and never ever met with us to discuss our portfolio.

It seems that he would at least have the decency to meet with clients once per year to go over their retirement funds - but he did not. I believe that once he got your money (and his commission) he really did not want to have to meet with you again.

I hope someone has let Dave Ramsey know that this man does not have "the heart of a teacher". That is a JOKE - and the joke is on us.

@PissedConsumer1219072

Dave Ramsey doesn't care who the advisors on his "trusted local advisor" list are. He sells those spots to anyone who will pay the fee and agree to his terms regarding the investments sold. In my opinion, Dave Ramsey advertises his advisors as trustworthy and receives a fee for his endorsement, therefore he should be held accountable for when they are found guilty of financial impropriety.

View more comments (1)
ID
Daphne, Alabama
Service
The Mccutchen Company Investment Service
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article