Verified Reviewer
Junior Reviewer

TDAP application

Update by user Sep 09, 2020

As of September 9th, I'm still waiting for confirmation that my 500 medical form was received.

Original review posted by user Sep 09, 2020
To make a long story short, I filed for TDAP with Social Services (Hilton Heights District in Baltimore Maryland) on June 12th, 2020. It's September 9th, 2020 and my application still hasn't been processed. Over the last 3 months I've heard, "No one is doing anything with your case", "Your case is just sitting here", "I've put in a work order", "You're going to receive benefits within the week", "You don't need to submit a 500 medical form, your previous one hasn't expired", "They need a 500 medical from you", "We have quadruple the mail we used to get, it will take us awhile to find your medical form." I've spoken to over 8 different people about my case (Leah, Mr. Cooke, Allen, Mr. Chambers, Ms. Kennedy, Ms. Washington, Lisa, Brandy, Mr. Miller) and those are just the names I can remember. I've been nothing but polite, courteous and understanding. Especially considering the disarray that the entire world is in right now, due to the pandemic. I went as far as to not file a complaint against them before because it looked as though they were finally going to do something with my application after 2 months, only for them to make me regret my decision weeks later. I'm not sure about other states, but in Maryland it is illegal to sell your food stamps, yet I see a lot of people doing it. I didn't quite understand it before, but I do now. With the way Social Services operates, it's no wonder people are resorting to that option.

User's recommendation: Never second guess filing a complaint. Some have noticed it's the only way these people will do their job. If you can file with the NASW, do so. Write a email to the Governor of your state. If possible, file a complaint with the BBB as well.

ID
Service
The Maryland Department Of Human Services Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Conflicting statements
  • Long wait times
Preferred solution
For my case to be reopened and processed so that I CAN start receiving benefits

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article