Kelly M Tyj

Verified Reviewer

Don't walk.. RUN!!!

This place sucks. Scheduled for a G-POEM since April. Procedure date is in August. I do the pre-surgery requirements and the afternoon BEFORE my procedure they cancel it. No reason why. I call today, they said insurance denied my whole procedure. Why wouldn't you already know that? LIES. Because, I called my insurance and they cover it 70% - UAB is pathetic.
Cons:
  • Too big

Preferred solution: Apology

Giancarlo Bnc
map-marker Birmingham, Alabama

Blamed and not listened to

I went to see a doctor for the management of an autoimmune disease of my stomach that wasn't treated for years. I also have cysts that affect my weight and make it impossible to lose weight. My doctor says this diet plan is for your chronic feminine issue. She gives me a diet of lots of carbs!!! Then scolds me for not losing weight and then implies I had a eating disorder. What!! PCOS and autoimmune disease don't work with dairy carbs or wheat that she trying to make me eat

User's recommendation: Always get a second opinion and document

Justin B Zst

My cancer Dr acts like he doesn't want to treat me after my kidney Drs have said the cancer is what is causing all of my problems

Cancer Dr seems like he does not want to see or treat me for my cancer. Kidney Dr has said the cancer was causing all of my problems but my cancer Dr still don't want to see or treat me and seems mad about it
Loss:

Preferred solution: Different dr

User's recommendation: Find a second opinion

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Birmingham, Alabama

Nasty and very rude nurse and doctor who didn't care about his patient concern

The Kirklin Clinic of UAB Hospital - Nasty and very rude nurse and doctor who didn't care...
Updated by user Jun 05, 2019

The Kirklin Clinic of UAB Hospital 2000 6th Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35233

Original review Jun 05, 2019
Lee, Ikjae - Neurology: Upon my visit with you on June 3, 2019 was very displeasing you showed no concerned with the rudeness and disrespect your care giving 'Mia' gave me nor concern with her nasty attitude which I don't nor will I deal with such lowness from anyone. I will not put my money nor health insurance in a doctor pocket who show no concern about their patient and only make excuses for their co-worker behavior as you were shocked which I find very hard to believe. I will not be returning as your patient nor want any dealing with you as my doctor and I pray you remember that the patients are the one who puts money in your pocket and you should start ameliorating your workers bad behavior before you loose other patient as well. My experience and the way I was treated will be told. so next time your patient have a concern you'll know that the knowledge or skill acquired by experience over a period of time, especially that gained in a particular profession by someone at work needs to always be highly giving. Your nurses behavior and attitude tells a lot about the doctor!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Doctor showed no care or concern how nurse treated the patient
  • Very bad behavior and nasty attitudes
Reason of review:
Front desk and nurse Mai was very nasty and rude no care no respect and talked very nasty to me no concern for patient whatsoever. Doctor only made excuses for their action!

Preferred solution: Learn how to respect and treat patient as human not a money bag just to get paid!

LJ Dur

I've had that same witch to treat me like nothing, who do they really think they all?

LJ Dur

I also had the same problem before with that girl and didn't report it because they don't care and do make excuses for their worlers.

View more comments (1)
Michael T Gxk

Gastroenterologist Dr. Callaway, Rude as ***

I wend in on 6/13/19 for a endoscopy, i get in there, sign up and give them a list of my allergies to meds, i meet the doctor for the first time and he is rude and wouldn't answer my questions, the nurse comes in and sticks me a total of 9 times trying to find a vein, after blowing 3 vains, another nurse comes in and gets it the first time in top of my hand, then i ask if they have an anesthesiologist on hand i could talk to about my drug allergies ,They said no, the nurse would figure out what you need, so they wheel me to the back, prep me and then tried to get me to go to sleep, after 6 different injections of versed i was still awake, i was complaining because i have heart issues and my chest was hurting and my heart rate and blood pressure had actually dropped way below normal, the Dr. Callaway came in and asked the nurse if i was ready, she said no, hes complaining alot and want shut the *** up, well the doctor said Abort endoscopy, send him home, i was half out of it by the time i got to the recovery room, the nurse had gotten made at me and hit my right Ankle, now for 3 days i havent been able to walk on it, its swollen up really bad and aching, my wife comes in and notices me hurting and my foot swollen, i told her what the nurse did, she confronted the nurse and she stated she hit me there because i wouldn't shut up about hurting in my chest, ive contacted a lawyer and will be suing kirklin clinic, not only rude, but very unprofessional, dont care about the patient at all, i hope that Doctor and that Nurse lose there jobs there, and i will never go back to Kirklin ever again. Cry
Brittany N Ssq

Department of gastrology

I went to the Kirkland Clinic digestive center and saw a Dr. Soota. Without running any tests or looking at my chart. He said all my old diagnosis were false and that my pain and nausea were made up and that I needed to see a psychiatrist. Furthermore I asked to have a smart pill test run to see how my system worked and he said I will run them but I will not believe anything they say. You have nothing wrong but psychiatric problems.
LJ Dur

UAB is all about money and making a name for themselves not their patient. Their not what they won't people to believe they are sad very sad hospital.

map-marker Birmingham, Alabama

Why are my photos not showing up ??

UAB and dr cox have lied to me proformed pecedures i did not give them consent to which deformed my nose cut my airway off cant sleep at night , these peopl are suppose to help and take care of you i feel like i have been beat up and robed by UAB CLINIC KIRKLAND and DR ARTEMUS COX.. Iadvise in reading up on this dr frankenstien and this uab kirkland clinic.. if they hurt you in anway violate you, they will do nothing to help you, they just act like they dont know you , or threaten to call thae law and have you arrested, these heatlhcare facility have become our enemy,
LJ Dur

They all about money and you should contact a lawyer which it may not help. they're under the government protection and they really don't care there are some very rude people there.

Guest

Dr cox is an excellent surgeon and his staff is amazing! I was very pleased with all his staff.

I would recommend them to anyone. He called and checked on me days later and was very willing to work with me since I was out of town.

I am thankful for their services bc now I can breathe through my nose again!! Great Doctor!

Guest

Ridiculous. One of the best Dr's I have ever had.

Very thorough, dedicated and even called on a Saturday to check on my progress. How many Dr's do that?

View more comments (2)
map-marker Birmingham, Alabama

I was lied to had pecedures done i did not want

i talked to dr artemus cox for a year cause i am very picky, i only had a small scar, he ask me 3 times could he thin my nosde and pick it up all 3 times i said NO.NO.NO . so when he puts me tosleep he does it anyway left my nose disfigured and now i cant breath though it..

and twice the scars and lots eworse then the onlot small one, this is an idioit he does not know what hes doing, dont let him ruin ur life..

he suppose to make people look better feel better , well hes got me on the edge of suicide..and ihad a wonderful life till this dr frankanstien as my friends call him every time they look at me.. if u dont pay here you will pay in ***

Guest

I would have walked out and told them I didn't want anything done.

Guest

My mother has been in the CICU for a month on ECMO, dialysis, two chest tubes, afib, and is not given a good chance of making it through it. All stemmed from an eyebrow lift with two small incisions, he cut her from ear to ear across her forehead and prescribed her meds that had life threatening consequences when taken with the meds she was already on.

They didn't take the time to even look at her history and it her history was at UAB, all they had to do was peck on the keyboard. DO NOT LET THIS FREAK OF NATURE TOUCH YOU!!! HE DOESNT FOLLOW PROXY, DOES WHATEVER HE WANTS INSTEAD OF WHAT THE PATIENT WANTS.

ARTIMUS COX AT UAB KIRKLIN CLINIC WILL USE YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE AS PRACTICE AND THEN GO ON VACATION WHILE YOU SUFFER HIS *** POOR WORKMANSHIP AND BEDSIDE MANOR. :cry :(

Judi Dmu

I'm not an attorney ... but it doesn't take a brain scientist to know, if you didn't sign a release for him to do that in surgery, I would contact an attorney.

reply icon Replying to comment of Judi Dmu

UAB covers up a lot of wrong doing. My son contacted C-Diff and we were told we couldn't sue.

It happens a lot in hospitals.

Read about patients dying from it after contracting it from Hospitals and people never knowing why. The only thing these doctors are good for is popping patients up with medications, over pricing, and sending people home.

reply icon Replying to comment of LJ Dur

Surely in your research you found the most common cause of C.difficle is from use of certain antibiotics or over use. Kills the "good bacteria" in your gut and allows C.diff to flourish.

Since it is oral fecal transmitted, everyone including patient has to wash hands before and after eating and going to the bathroom! Very contagious!

View more comments (4)

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

COVID, monkeypox, mask-optional policy: Are we safe? Watch an expert interview with Prof. Karen Jubanyik from Yale to learn more about viruses and how to stay protected.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article