Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

The Hurrycane - Flashlight Handle Review from Lakewood, Ohio

We’re sorry to hear your experience with the HurryCane has left you unsatisfied. We aim for every HurryCane customer to find success with their HurryCane. Our customers’ safety is of the utmost importance to us. The issues you’ve had with the HurryCane should not happen and we would be very interested in discussing with you further. In the meantime, we have requested our warehouse ship a new cane to you. Please contact us at your convenience.
Again, our apologies.

Review

I've had 3 in the last yr an they have all broken at the handle I purchased make shift hurry cane with flashlight handle an flashlight turns on an off every time I walk

The Hurrycane in Beaumont, Texas - Hurrycane is waste of money

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear your mother is experiencing problems with her HurryCane. The HurryCane’s base is designed to stand where you might need it to most. It is not as large as a quad-cane base and will not stand on carpet or uneven surfaces. Her HurryCane should not make noise when she walks with it. When you mention this, and indicate you feel the base does not pivot, I would like to send a replacement HurryCane to her. We want to be able to help and would like to request you provide us with information for your mom’s order so we can identify her in the system.

Review

My mother purchased the so called stand alone cane and there is nothing about the cane that works the way it's suppose to work... If falls over if barely touched, and then it's hard for her to bend over and pick it up.

It's suppose to have a movable base that bends as she walks. it is stiff and non-moveable on the base! One of the main reasons she wanted this cane was for the moveable base that doesn't move as advertised.

It makes a loud clucking noise as she walks through the house. There is NOTHING about this cane that works the way it was advertised.

She is very disappointed in a product that is ripping the elderly off! Don't waste your money!

The Hurrycane in Belmont, North Carolina - Feet dont stay tightened

Hello and thank you for your comments. We were able to locate your original purchase from 2012 and are sorry to hear your mother has experienced problems with her HurryCane. We encourage our customers to call or email us in the event they experience issues with their HurryCane, as we want to make it right.

Our company takes great pride in developing quality products. Our customers’ safety is of the utmost importance to us. By staying close to our customers and listening to their needs, we recently made the decision to transform the HurryCane and bring the manufacturing to the US. We’ve since built the HurryCane Freedom Edition, which is manufactured in Minnesota.

We’ve requested our warehouse ship the Freedom Edition Hurrycane to you for your mother to try. We hope she finds much success with it. Again, my apologies for the experience your mother has had and hope you’ll reach out should you have further questions.

Thank you.
Review

No matter how often checked, the screws holding the "feet" on would loosen. Have had to replace 5 so far, and at $9.99 plus S& H over $30.00 spent.

Not sure how to fix, even tried Loctit...no luck. My Mom actually fell down while using, "foot" came off and cane slid and lost balance thought about trying new one but cant afford to through more money away.

Once these feet are gone will buy my mom a cane from drug store, and not have to worry anout construction, will check out before buying. Is this 100 words yet?

The Hurrycane's reply to:

The Hurrycane in Rockford, Illinois - Fold up clips broke after 3 weeks of use.

Dear Customer,

This post is before we were aware of this website and I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with the folding clips. I hope you reached out to our Customer Success Team at 800-933-1136 because I'm confident they would have replaced your clips. If you haven't called us directly yet and still have your cane, please to do so and we will take care of you and replace your clips. The satisfaction and safety of every customer is very important to us.

Review

My cane was a gift from my son and I was happy to receive it but after only three weeks the folding clips broke off, now I can't fold it up and have to find a place to put it when we go out to dinner or put in my car. I would think the clips should last a lot longer than three weeks.I am not at all happy that you make it so difficult to send a message just to tell you about this.

I would like to have this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.

The Hurrycane in Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Life threating device

Dear Customer,

This post is before we were aware of this website and I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. I hope you reached out to our Customer Success Team right away to report what happened at 800-933-1136 because I'm confident they would have replaced your cane or refunded you, and made sure you were OK. If you haven't called us directly yet, please to do so.
We would also want to inspect this cane to better understand what happened to prevent it repeating. The satisfaction and safety of every customer is very important to us.

Review

The hurrycane device was given to me as a gift. The first one I got the rubber tips kept coming off (very dangerous) you replaced cane.

Yesterday I was walking up my stairs when I almost fell. The metal ajustment pin brokeoff and I almost went down 17 stairs. I intend to show this cane to my local Tv station so they can warn people of the danger in using this cane. I also am going to notify consumer report.

Please people donot buy or use one of these (canes ? ) For your information Iam 76 years old and live in Fort Lauderdale.7

The Hurrycane's reply to:

The Hurrycane in New York, New York - Individual rubber stops on the cane bottom fell off

Dear Customer,

This post is before we were aware of this website but thank you for your comments. Over time and usage the feet will wear out like the rubber tires on a car. You can get replacement feet on our website at https://www.hurrycane.com/Order/Select-Your-HurryCane-Model or you can call our Customer Success Team at 800-933-1136.

If at any time you have additional questions about the HurryCane, we encourage you to reach out to our Customer Success team.

Loss

i had been very pleased with the cane for over a year using it on all types of terrain snow,ice gravel,cement ,asphalt,rain,etc. On my trip to New York the robber stops came off. i didnt think to tighten them as i had no problems for over a year . i need to replace before i can use the cane. please advise as to where i can secure replacements. i have recommended the cane to all that approached me while walking. Almost forgot, the fold up feature is very helpful while traveling. where can i secure rubber replacements for the bottom of the cane?

epriker2003@yahoo.com

The Hurrycane's reply to:

The Hurrycane in Fayetteville, North Carolina - My Hurrycane broke!

Dear Customer,

This post is before we were aware of this website and I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. I hope you reached out to our Customer Success Team right away at 800-933-1136 to report what happened because I'm confident they would have replaced your cane or refunded you, and made sure you were OK. If you haven't called us directly yet, please to do so.

Loss

I got the Hurrycane for Christmas. Today (3/2/14) the button which holds the top two sections in place broke off and the cane collapsed.

It has been rendered useless but fortunately I have two other more reliable canes which were purchased at CVS for half what the Hurrycane must have cost. I'm unsure of the cost because it was a gift.

I really don't need 100 words to make this complaint, so I am rambling on just to achieve the 100 word count which is a ridiculous requirement. Anyway, it's important for folks thinking about buying a Hurrycane to know mine broke.

The Hurrycane in Amman, Amman - Loss of feet

Dear Customer,

This post is before we were aware of this website and I'm sorry you had an issue with the feet. We appreciate your comments and listen closely to the millions of people responding to our message, and the 500,000+ customers who use the HurryCane today. We are always continuing to find ways to improve upon the HurryCane.

If at any time you have additional questions or comments about the HurryCane, we encourage you to reach out to our Customer Success team at 800-933-1136.

Loss

I purchased my HurryCane in July, 2012. Since then, I have lost all the six spare feet I had bought with the cane, all from the same base spot.

In other words, the same foot would loosen and disappear time and time again.

This can mean one thing only, that the base into which the foot is screwed is not well shaped to take the screw and allows a looseness. I am now ordering another cane for a friend of mine and will have to order a large number of spare feet to provide for this continuous loss.

This, in my opinion, is a serious manufacturing deficiency.

The Hurrycane's reply to:

The Hurrycane in Ringwood, New Jersey - Height Adjustment button Sheered off. Mother Severley HURT!!!

Dear Customer,

This post is before we were aware of this website and I'm sorry to hear what happened to your mother. I hope you reached out to our Customer Success Team right away to report what happened at 800-933-1136 because I'm confident they would have replaced your cane or refunded you, and made sure your mother was OK. If you haven't called us directly yet, please to do so.

Tags
  • dangerous cane
  • hurricane cane

MY MOTHER WAS ALMOST KILLED USING THIS!!!!!! At first we thought it was great because of the flex in the bottom and she only complained that it DOES NOT stand up like it says, BUT tonight the button that secures the height adjustment sheered right off as she was walking.

She is 240 LB which is well below their 350 weight limit suggestion. The metal actually split, broke, sheered. She is 75 with very bad balance and joint replacements. She is lucky to be alive after this fall!

DON"T BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has only had the Hurrycane for 6 lousy weeks!

The Hurrycane in San Juan, San Juan Municipio - Cancel Order

Dear Customer,

This post is before we were aware of this website but am sorry you weren't satisfied with your cane order from us. We do offer free shipping for standard delivery, and only charge for rush shipping. But I hope you reached out to our Customer Success Team at 800-933-1136 because I'm confident they would have canceled your order for you.

Review
#471925 Review #471925 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Did not give me a break to review order before placing order. Shipping charges are less on Healthy Living Catalog Please cancel order and reverse any charges to my account.

Your charges are 17.99 versus 8.24 on catalog.If shipping charges are paired i will accept merchandise.When calling your customer service is always occupied.

It does provide to leave a phone number or a note to receive a response from you. Please take care of my claim as soon as possible and let me know thru my email jeos 30@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance for any assistance in my case.