Humane Society of the United States Scam Fraud

The Humane Society of the United States is full of liars and scam artists. I signed up to be a member thinking they were doing good things for abused animals but boy was I wrong and soon regretted it. They called me every day, at all hours of the day asking for money. They emailed me so much I had to start sending their stuff to spam in the hopes it would stop. I couldn't believe how aggressive they were in their fundraising. I contacted my local humane society asking why I was being pursued like this and they informed me they have no affiliation with the Humane Society of the United States. I was astonished! They told me the Humane Society of the United States is not associated with any local humane society although they profit off the belief that they are. They don't give a penny of their donations to local rescues or shelters. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I did some research and from what I found feel really *** that I fell for their commercials and advertising. What a scam they are! I found tons of information about how they are being investigated by Congress and the IRS for how they use their donations which apparently is barely for "animal welfare". They pay huge salaries, massive retirement benefits, and spend a good portion of the donations on lobbying efforts in D.C. I found lawsuit after lawsuit where they tried to sue local businesses and organizations they accused of being cruel to animals while it was just a front to further their beliefs. They are even being counter sued by one of the company's they wrongfully accused. I will make sure to give my money to reputable rescues from now on. Don't believe a word the Humane Society of the United States says.

I had a similar experience with this organization. I got sucked in by their ads on TV, and their celebrity spokespeople.

I read about them on several websites. And read more deeply on their website. They only list 4 staff members for their animal rescue squad, for example.

I wonder if Kaley Cuoco knows how little of the funding is used to help animals.

And if she knows about the high salaries and lobbying funds. Or that HSUS promotes animal rights, meaning no animal ownership, no use of animals in research and all of us becoming vegetarians.

Not animal welfare which allows for pets, etc. And promotes reduced and humane use of animals in research so humans can benefit.

I am taking this complaint as hearsay. I've donated to the Humane Society of The United States and they have NEVER been aggressive in emailing or calling.

In fact, they send me address labels and blank greetings cards and such as thanks for my donations. I'm afraid you may have gone to a bogus site.

View more comments (1)
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article