The Grand Bliss - Vacation Ownership Review

I bought into the Grand Bliss in December of 2015 and I'm very sorry that i did. The sales team lied to me and misrepresented what i was getting myself into. To make matters worse, I traded an RCI Gold Crown resort in for this. I wouldn't advise anyone to purchase a timeshare through this organization. There are very expensive annual fees that the sales reps don't tell you about. In order to exchange for an RCI resort you have to exchange your very expensive week in Mexico. I used to simply pay an exchange fee to RCI of about $229 to exchange for a week somewhere else. Now it costs me a minimum of $900 for a studio to exchange, PLUS the RCI fee to exchange. There is no advantage to owning this timeshare. It sickens me to think I've lost a valuable timeshare in Florida to this very expensive timeshare that doesn't have a reasonable timeshare exchange. I'm just sick that i was suckered in on this terrible deal. It was a very expensive lesson to me. Through my old timeshare and RCI i could take at least 2 weeks of vacation a year for the cost of maintenance and the RCI exchange fee. Now i have to pay a minimum of $900 for each week plus the exchange fee. I'm sad about this because in the past i was able to take my grandchildren on vacation with me. Not sure i can still afford to do that. The sales people are not honest. And the notes that they take when talking to you typically are not included in your final paperwork. I see no benefit, only cost, in this timeshare. It's a money pit. I wish i would have known i could cancel within the 5 day period. That also was not disclosed.

I believe your math is incorrect. You mention $229 exchange fee to RCI and $900 to Vida Vacations.

Didn't your timeshare in Florida have a maintenance fee? If your Florida maintenance fee was $671, then if you add the $229 RCI fee, you are at $900, the same as Vida Vacations

When you purchased your timeshare from Vidanta Resorts you signed every page of the Agreement for Lodging Rights and Services. On page 4, paragraph 11 (General Provisions) it states: Member has the right to rescind this Contract within five business days.... Therefore, you were provided notice of your right to rescind the contract.

Service
The Grand Bliss Vacation Ownership
Reason of review
Problems with payment

The room smelled of mildew

We were at the Grand Bliss, room 2925. Upon arrival we were showed to our room. The room about knocked us out with the smell of mold and mildew. We were showed another room on the first floor, and yes it smelled just as bad. There was no compromise with the staff, so we decided to just take the first room and keep the sliding doors open! Also, the turning down of our bed happened at 10:00 pm at night. We are already in bed or at least returning then. What were they thinking??? I hope we do not ever stay at the Grand Bliss again.
#1420664

Maybe the maid needs to clean the mop bucket and the mop more frequently. It appears that she cleans an entire floor without changing the mop water, detergent, or the mop. This merely relocates the dirt.

Dear Anonymous user,

Thank you so much for commenting about your stay.

We are disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations to the fullest.

We spend considerable resources training our staff to maintain the highest possible standard of cleanliness and hygiene which we know our guests expect when staying at our properties.

Nevertheless, this will all be addressed by the appropriate areas as we constantly strive to achieve the utmost level of satisfaction.

We appreciate your feedback and it is always welcome at customerservice@***.com.

Sincerely,

The Customer Support Team.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Cons
  • Stinky mildew room
Reason of review
Bad quality

Room availability

I am a grand bliss owner which I acquired last year in cancun. I have been an ower for 9 years I always bring guests and a few times they also bought a time share. However, every time I regester (all 9 years) I never got an upper level room which I requested. I was always told they were full. I resent this treatment and because of this I will not encourage my guest to buy. I made my reservations fior this year 8 months ago. Why cant they reserve a room to be available for the time I come? I dont like the way I am treated and hopfully something can be done. I spoke to other people and they have the same complaint. I am afraid you are loosing you good reputation.

We have been Grand Bliss members for 2 years, upgraded as well. Both years we call on the exact date to 8 months when we want to book.

We have never been able to book the Grand Bliss. They seem they think they are doing us a favour by offereing 20% discount to stay at the Grand Mayan. Today I called because we want to book for next February. Again nothing available.

I said that I wanted out money back that we paid to upgrade (over 7K) he said he would have someone call me back. They called back and I could not get a word in edgewise. Again, they seem to think they do you a favour as she said that an email came out today offering a 2 for 1 deal at Christmas. I said that is fantastic for the people that can take holidays at Christmas.

Her response "will how are we to know that"? I am upset because during our presentation that we attended this year, we told Jennifer how disappointed we were about this. She had us fill out a form requesting the Grand Bliss and we put the dates down we wanted. The girl on the phone today said "will that is impossible, they can't do that" It is all a scam to get you to upgrade and then after they take your money you find out all the things you can't do.

They can't give me our 7K back "because we don't do that" was what I was told today. We have referred friends to this resort as well but never again. I have posted on my facebook page and will post anywhere else I can find to warn people that Vida over sells and you can never get the product you paid for. We are Canadian so I am sure they know that becasue we are in a different country we cannot file a law suit.

I would love too!! Anybody know a good American lawyer?

Dear "Anonymous" user:We have been alerted about your comment. We want to be able to clarify your concerns as allegedly there seems to be a failure on our part to clearly communicate the terms and conditions associated with the check-in at our resorts as it is completely separate from the reservation procedure.

This evidently does not reflect the reality of such process.We kindly ask that you contact us at grupomayanblog@***.com or at 1-80*-***-**** to continue this dialogue and in that way, provide you personalized assistance. We would very much like to know who you are as retaining our customers and complying with their needs is our main goal. We would like you to continue being a loyal member of our vacation club for many more years to come.

We are truly committed to customer satisfaction. Our members and our guests are our highest priority and we work hard day and night to make sure your vacations in Mexico are amazing each and every time.We appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.Sincerely, Karen RoseCustomer Support Representative.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

About

Top The Grand Bliss Services

Vacation Ownership

The Grand Bliss Pros and Cons

Cons: Stinky mildew room