Great deal, super good workmanship!! But there is assembly.

I was expecting a good product, but this log bed was extraordanaraly beautiful! The workmanship and time into this bed is hard to imagine they made much money! A++++++
Henderson, Kentucky
Product
The Goodtimber Bed
Good quality

Bad craftsmanship

My husband bought a show room peace from Teresa (part owner). I understand that showroom would have a dent or scratch, this looks like something a high school kid did for his first project. The table wobbles and the legs are not even straight, nails are poking thru the bottom. To get the antique look, the set something that looks a an engine fan on it! Next time I am going to D.I for better quality furniture! I will do everything I can to spread the word so others will not get rip of by these people. This well go on Face book and anywhere else. Stay away from this company. They do not know how to build furniture.

I'm sorry you were unhappy with the product you received. I would suggest you contact us so we can get the issue resolved.

Without contacting us directly, there's no way for us to know who you are or what the issue is and proceed to resolve it.

We have a warranty on our products. Please call us.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Product
The Goodtimber Table
Bad quality

BAD TIMBER

ORDERED A BED ON EBAY AND THEY KEPT MAKING EXCUSES AS THE DONT HAVE THE WOOD. IT NEVER CAME AND THEY NEVER GAVE ME MY PAYPAL $ BACK AFTER NUMEROUS CONTACTS. PLACE IS A SCAM IF THEY ARE EVEN STILL IN BUSINESS. 1 2 2 2 2 2 * * * * 2 2 2 2 2 2 * * * * 2 2 2 2 2 2 * * * * 2 2 2 2 2 2 * * * * 2 2 2 2 2 2 * * * * 2 2 2 2 2 2 * * * * 2 2 2 2 2 2 * * * * 2 2 2 2

This review cannot be legit since Paypal will always processes a refund if the item is not shipped and delivered. It is a basic part of their policies to prevent fraud. It's unfortunate that this website doesn't verify comments and allows posts from people who have not even used the company cited.

Albany, New York
Problem with delivery

The Goodtimber Bed Review from Colleyville, Texas

the people are crooks. they never sent my bed. never communicated with me. made a s$!# ton of excuses and cash off of me. 6 months later I'm still trying to get my mk ey back through PayPal. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM.

We have no record of whom this is, please be aware of sabotagers. We are an honest company, working hard to successfully satisfy the customer in everything we do! Please see our "real" and actual reviews with names and information, on our website, from over 25 years of the best track record in the business.

Colleyville, Texas
Problem with delivery

Never filled my order after 3 months

I ordered a king size custom made bed in June 2015. The company took my deposit in June 2015. I had patiently waited to hear from them. First the company said it would be shipped the end of Aug. 2015. Well, Aug came and went. Finally-after many attempts to contact the company-my order was cancelled (by them) the end of Sept. 2015. The company claimed that I have to do the foot work/paper work to get my deposit rightfully returned to me. Now I have to consult MY credit card company to get my money back. I highly suggest that NO ONE-EVER do business with this company!!

We apologize we were not able to fill your order. If your order was cancelled, your card was refunded. If you need further help, please contact us directly.

Rancho Cordova, California
Cons
  • Overall experience
Poor customer service

Positive Experience Review

We have bought a king and twin sized beds. Both are working out great....anyone with any understanding of wood/timber knows these pieces will never line up perfectly. That is why they are called rustic! You must imagine makng these pieces by hand.....looking for dressers now. LOVE this furniture!
Wapello, Iowa
Good quality

Ottoman Review

Ordered sofa love seat and chair with ottoman. No legs came with it initially. The little bullet accents aren't attached to anything fall out all the time. Basically they buy a 200 dollar set and try to accent it with wood and what not. The wood on ours is loose. Total waste of 2700 dollars

This order came from another company, please review your invoice. NOBODY has better quality to price point, NOBODY. Thanks

El Dorado, Arkansas
Damaged or defective

The Good Timber Rotten wood!

The sunburst bed is a disaster! The mattresses fall thru and they used rotten lumber now its cracking posts of log bed. They would replace two questionable pieces ONLY if I tore my bed apart slept on floor until replacement logs came! Plus it was free shipping now I must pay for return shipping on two logs. Then I must wait till they custom make replacement parts and sleep on The floor! Outrageous. Also vice grip marks on wood, also that 100 dollar varnish job didn't cover the whole bed ugh 375.00 wasted! When I replace this bed,and I will it is not fixable, I Will not bother to GI e good timber Totten timber a donation.

If there are any parts needing replacement, it is our policy to send you the replacement pieces first so that you only need to take the bed apart once. And most of the time, we don't have you return the replaced parts.

In addition, cracks in logs is called "checking".

It is a natural part of logs and is not an indication of rot in any way. Please contact us directly about your issues as we cannot tell who you are on this forum.

Newton Falls, Ohio
Loss

Wrong size headboard with damage

I order a log queen size headboard from The Good Timber log furniture company, Utah, on Aug.18,2011,on Oct.12,11 the wrong size was delivered and damaged. The company asked me to send a picure of the damaged piece then claimed this was normal. The manager, who's name was Tom would not return my call. A person by the name of Theresa left me a voicemail advising me to sand and varnish the damage piece myself. As far as the size, the company website has a chart with the measurements, my headboard measured in the full size range,not queen,yet they insisted that it is queen. This was by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. Bad customer service. PLease,Please,Please Stay away from this company.

I ordered a queen log bed from the timber company. The bed came in good condition and looks great.

The problem is when I opened the box there were weird looking flys. When we brought it in the house, there was a carpenter ant, the cousin of termites. I wish they would have treated it.

I hope I dont have a termite problem in the future. I had no idea purchasing a log bed would have bugs.

#820226
@PissedConsumer818492

now I have found many more carpenter ants and this is a nightmare to kill them. The flys were queen ants ready to mate. I would not buy from them again.

Great sale price, excellent instructions and bed, and we will shop with them again. A+++++ transaction all around!!!

The custom headboard I ordered arrived in great condition. I am impressed with the craftsmanship and quality.

Both are far better than the low price would indicate. The GoodTimber is providing exceptional rustic products for an affordable price.

The sunburst bed was very easy to assemble. It took about an hour. It looks amazing and I am very happy with it.

We just got our pine bed & it's Awesome! My son thinks it's the coolest thing ever made!

bought this bed as a Christmas present for my husband and we just got our rough-sawn bedroom done and bed in! The wooden slats are very sturdy!

our matresses were not new and when we moved them to this bedframe it helped them greatly! It took about thirty minutes to put the bed up with two people and two toddlers helping! Ha! very *** proof !

you may find yourself having to work with the slats to get them to stay in until everything is tightened and secured, but The bed is rustic! It will do some cracking through the logs! we have noticed more on the pine logs! This is normal during the changing of environment!

to me this just adds to the term rustic! When I first ordered the bed I made some mistakes on options and had to call Goodtimber, but this was not a problem ! Their customer service was super and fixed MY mistake! I had been all through their website and read everything more than once and they still without attitude reassured me of everything I had read!

My only regret is that I did not have the post enlarged, and we may in the future tackle this task as a home project! We did have Aspen logs added inside the pine framing of the head and foot boards!

I do not regret this, Its is beautiful! My husband and I have been in the bed for a week and half now and are both very very breath taken!!!!!!

This is probably the coolest item I have ever purchased online. Unbelievable quality and very unique.

If you think this bed is going to look identical to the pic, you'll be wrong.

It's true craftmanship and is a one of a kind bedframe. All I have to say is it's definitely worth every penny spent.

These beds we ordered are beautiful - much nicer than I ever expected. I can't explain how much I really love them. I would highly recommend The Good Timber for anyone - actually everyone that sees them flips out at how nice they are.

I received my bed today and I am extremely happy with it.

View more comments (43)
Stamford, Connecticut
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article