Dan Xeq
map-marker Bristol, Connecticut

Still open?

Is this *** cesspool still in business? lol
Cons:
  • Owner is rude
  • Bad business owner
Reason of review:
Poor customer service

Poor Experience

Glendola Jbt

Nope! Cunty Cahill, the owner, closed her business awhile ago and probably opened an equally *** one.

View more comments (1)
map-marker Hartford, Connecticut

The Fitness Center For Women - Poor Experience Review from Hartford, Connecticut

Open only part time, classes start late. Owner is moody and sarcastic to members.
Guest

Owner is moody and sarcastic to members. Sounds like kristie!

that's our gal. If she can't give you a *** experience, no one can! Does her cesspool of shittiness still exist?

yup.

If she can't treat her members with respect, why is she even a business owner? What a joke.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-860604

the owner is extremely rude.

View more comments (1)
map-marker Newington, Connecticut

Fitness Center for Women, Bristol CT

I went to an open house at the fitness center a few weeks ago. This place advertisies themselves to being supportive and non-judgmental of the ladies who work out at their gym. First of all, the owner, Kristy stood behind the counter eyeing everyone up and down, and wasn't giving a welcoming feel at all. The next thing I hear is her talking to some other woman about who' *** was fat, and who looked like ***, and who they would love to see leave the gym when they moved locations. For somewhere that is supposed to be "supportive" and different than any other women's gym around, they were pretty nasty. I would write more about what they were saying about their clients, but it was a lot of curse words! I would NEVER, EVER join this gym. I recommend that other women looking for a good place to work out, don't either. I was so unhappy when I left there. I am writing a letter to the local papers as well. ALSO, they charge way too much for a membership!! And you get NOTHING out of it! They say that they offer a more personalized experience than other places... right, personalized by making fun of you behind your back. Their equipment looks ancient, and again, their staff is just plain rude. Especially the owner.
Loss:
Guest

I fail to see how "Kristie" still has customers. She's very rude, unpleasant woman.

Guest

I sympathize with your experience. I have solved this for myself by never joining a gym; I do strength training at home.

fitness centers

Guest

Is this your only blog on this matter? If you have any more blogs or anything on this can you please let me know? I found this blog very enticing.

Guest

Classes always start late. This is very annoying.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-765299

Or the classes are canceled altogether, and not because of the weather! They need a backup plan!

Guest

Nope. I'm not a "competitor", because honestly, this gym can't compete with bigger, better gyms that treat their customers with more respect.

As i've said in my previous reviews, i've been a member of here twice. I've had to cancel when moving/attending college -- and the second time I tried to cancel, the owner LIED to me and told me (among giving me an attitude), trying to intimidate me and outright lie about what it says directly on their OWN contract --- that you can cancel for fee, which I was ready and willing to pay. The owner told me that "this was no longer available" and refused to let me cancel. I had to block her charges with my bank.

Instead, the owner, Kristie, not only was EXTREMELY RUDE to me, but was also very forceful and dishonest. Customers don't deserve to be treated like this, at all.

On top of that, the gym is no where worth the amount paid. You'll find much better service elsewhere.

Guest

i agree with you... never will i attend life time *** again or any of my family...

Guest

Im starting to think that this website is for competitors to trash their competition. I have been a member of this gym for years.

I have cancelled my memberships when I went to college or moved and have never had one single issue with the cancellation process. I have quickly returned when I came back to the area. Also, this fitness center allows many women the opportunity to improve their health by providing a judgment free environment. I have to say that I would not go anywhere else.

I must mention that I do not have any financial gain by making this review.

I simply want other women to know that many members experiences are truly positive and have allowed us to reach our goals.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-736716

If we were competitors, we would be giving the names and prices of our fitness centers that are so much better than this place! Also, no one would ever think you wrote this piece for financial gain, especially if they know the owner!

Kristie was just in fact complaining because she has to pay the government a certain amount for every employee that makes over a certain salary/year. Glad this place works for you though!

Guest

This place is way too expensive for what is offered!! The lowest monthly membership is $39. Interested in yoga? A separate package has to purchased. There are other gyms in Bristol that offer more classes (yoga included)and have a pool, but cost less. Why pay more for less when you can pay less for more?

This is to be a new place, but the paint job looks like a child did it. The spin bikes are way too close! Too much ambition for too small a space.

Within the first 2 weeks of the "grand opening," 3 classes were cancelled with no substitution class offered!

Very poorly run. Its clear the owner is not a trained business person.

Will NOT be going back, free classes offered on weekends or not!

View more comments (37)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article